Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    It is already stupid that it works on players but if it would work on immunities too then it would be really retarded.
    If you cant see that then there is really not much to discuss here because you will not see the problem

---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 09:27 AM ----------

Bullshit. Ive turned alot of matches by using definsive CDs while at 10% or below. This has been over 2500 rating. Having an ability like this is just bad design.
    Monks have 0 burst, we have very little in the way of defense aside from two CD's, whats the problem with having an insta kill gurantee if we manage to get an enemy under 10%?

Deleted
    Monks suck at pvp. They have very little going for themselves between the absent burst, clunky gap closers and no reliable defensive cooldowns. So stop flaming ToD for being OP or something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThackerSS View Post
    Monks have 0 burst, we have very little in the way of defense aside from two CD's, whats the problem with having an insta kill gurantee if we manage to get an enemy under 10%?
    Because it dramatically lowers skill cap and is rather hard to outplay. Yes, ToD is prolly the only overpowered ability Monks have atm. As I mentioned in my first post. WW monks are terribad now, there's absolutely no point to play one over any other class if you wish to be competitive. However, this WILL change, Monks WILL get buffed and that's when ToD becomes a real problem.

If you ask me, Blizzard made Monks rather weak in PvP on purpose. Prolly they realised last thing players, them or anyone at all wants is season 5 DK all over again. And it's always easier to buff classes than nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Friyn View Post
    Because it dramatically lowers skill cap and is rather hard to outplay. Yes, ToD is prolly the only overpowered ability Monks have atm. As I mentioned in my first post. WW monks are terribad now, there's absolutely no point to play one over any other class if you wish to be competitive. However, this WILL change, Monks WILL get buffed and that's when ToD becomes a real problem.

If you ask me, Blizzard made Monks rather weak in PvP on purpose. Prolly they realised last thing players, them or anyone at all wants is season 5 DK all over again. And it's always easier to buff classes than nerf.
    I've been having a lot of success at the 1550-1650 level with my monk in 2's lately and my RBG team has been doing great as well. I'm normally top 1-2 in damage. I just started the game when MoP came out so I know I'm not the greatest but I don't see any reason a monk couldn't easily go 2k with the right player at this moment.... just needs a few small tweaks. Getting raped by CC against a SP / FM team was pretty ghey today I must say.

Quote Originally Posted by Friyn View Post

They wanted to prevent s5 DKs as monks. Then they "accidentally" did that to warrs and hunters lawl

Deleted
    I've been having a lot of success at the 1550-1650 level with my monk in 2's lately and my RBG team has been doing great as well. I'm normally top 1-2 in damage. I just started the game when MoP came out so I know I'm not the greatest but I don't see any reason a monk couldn't easily go 2k with the right player at this moment.... just needs a few small tweaks. Getting raped by CC against a SP / FM team was pretty ghey today I must say.
    Yeah, it's definitely possible to get 2k-2.2k if you're 'experienced'. But even then, Monk is being carried by the two other classes. Monks can perform well, and ain't half bad in right hands. But despite of that there's still no point to take Monk over any other class. All the classes offer more than Monks can at the moment. As you said, with few small tweaks Monks will be just fine, not to mention other classes will get toned down also.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kukkaroinen View Post
    They wanted to prevent s5 DKs as monks.
    This was a mistake. Quite the contrary: they should have made them slightly OP, so a lot of people pay them, present an incentive for buying the expansion, get good test results from all those players and then proceed to nerf them if need be. Not introduce something terribad, played mostly for pve, and causing lots of people who were still playing wow just because they wanted monks, to go look for other games.

So what if monks were the s5 dks ?! This expansion seems warriors, mages, hunters and shadow priests are very much s5 dks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Temporary Poster View Post
    This was a mistake. Quite the contrary: they should have made them slightly OP, so a lot of people pay them, present an incentive for buying the expansion, get good test results from all those players and then proceed to nerf them if need be. Not introduce something terribad, played mostly for pve, and causing lots of people who were still playing wow just because they wanted monks, to go look for other games.

So what if monks were the s5 dks ?! This expansion seems warriors, mages, hunters and shadow priests are very much s5 dks.
    Tbh nothing will ever be as retarded as S5 Dks were. I knew people who got 2.2k-Gladiator S5, but could never get over 1.8k after DKs were nerfed. But still, I support Blizzard's idea to make Monks UP. Besides, minority of this game takes PvP seriously. Amount of players who'd have wanted to roll Monk for competitive high end PvP must've been almost non existent.

That's all just my speculation though.

Tbh instead of complaining about ToD being reflected/absorbed or whatever, we should complain about having this set bonus at all becouse getting execute when target's below 10% hp is dumber then dumb - you can't even say that it's usefull to burst through defensive cds becouse no1 in their right mind wait to deep below this number before poping them. Otherwise 10% hp is a number that can be breached with single ability and that "execute" (usefull once in milenium) takes 4 set bonus. Instead we could actually use something that is a factor every game we play and free a bind from ToD alltogether.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caribald View Post
    it's not funny

For all those who didnt get the joke :>

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    It is already stupid that it works on players but if it would work on immunities too then it would be really retarded.
    If you cant see that then there is really not much to discuss here because you will not see the problem

---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 09:27 AM ----------

Bullshit. Ive turned alot of matches by using definsive CDs while at 10% or below. This has been over 2500 rating. Having an ability like this is just bad design.
    It's still on the GCD and has a lengthy cooldown if glyphed, it's a unique aspect to monk pvp and doesn't really skew balance in any direction. The "but it shouldn't exist!!!" argument doesn't really hold any weight sorry.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    What happens when the unstoppable force meets the immoveable object?

They surrender.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I understand right, ToD is also affected by resilience, and it doesn't seem to work on bubbles after what I've experienced.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Touch of Death doesn't kill so much as it does damage equivalent to your hp that isnt affected by defensive cooldowns. i believe it doesn't work on bubbles though.
    why does it kill an interviening warrior then?

10+ Year Old Account
    defensive abilities are meant to be defensive
    how is this surprising?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armail View Post
    why does it kill an interviening warrior then?
    cause the warrior was dumb enough to intercept the attack?
    (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴏwɴ sᴄʀᴜʙ (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง - (ง •̀_•́)ง ʏᴇᴀʜ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ɪᴛ! (ง •̀_•́)ง