Thread: Hunter's pet

Hunter's pet

Hi!
    Im new with hunters, leveling one. So i need some help. is there a difference (dps) with pets? If yes, wich one is better? If no, i want Ban'thalos (http://www.wowhead.com/npc=54320), i need to do the quest chain to tame him? Wich one? Somthing else to get it? Thank you so much for the help. Sorry for bad english, not my first language.

10+ Year Old Account
    all pets do the same dps, but each pet brings a difference buff or debuff or CC option

Choose pets based on the Buff/debuff/CC you want.

1) You can choose your pet's spec, no matter what the pet. If you spec your pet ferocity (some may default to tenacity or cunning) it will do the same DPS as any other ferocity pet (ferocity is the highest DPS spec for pets).

2) Ban'thalos is an exotic pet, and exotic pets are only tameable by one hunter spec: Beastmastery

3) There's no quest involved in taming him. In Cataclysm, he was known as a "challenge tame" IE you had to use some gimmick to tame him. The challenge with Ban'thalos is that he flies really high, and in order to tame him you have to find a high spot to tame him with without taking falling damage (which would kill you). The easiest way to do this is to perch yourself on top of a tree near the shrine of Malorne (which he flies over), put a frost trap down, fly straight up, shoot him, and fall down tot he top of the tree (which won't kill you). You can also do it anywhere as a goblin, you just need to rocket jump before you hit the ground to prevent fall damage. Disengage should work as well though I don't know many people who bothered with that.

4) Ban'thalos provides the same buff as any spirit beast (which is his pet family), the 3k mastery buff. That is a pretty good DPS buff. Like all exotic beast families, spirit beasts have an extra ability, for spirit beasts that ability is called Spirit Mend, which is a pretty powerful heal for the hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    There's no quest involved in taming him.
    Not quite true. He's phased, so you need to unlock the first round of Hyjal dailies to see him.

Hunter pets are all about what buffs or debuffs that they bring

there dps stats are based solely on what spec you choose for your particular pet for example you can change your bear from a tanking pet to a dps pet and it will do the same dps as a cat or a wolf but you wont get the buffs that a cat or a wolf brings

This website should be your hunters bible http://www.wow-petopia.com/

/also 2k posts yay

Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    Not quite true. He's phased, so you need to unlock the first round of Hyjal dailies to see him.
    Can someone linke me the chain quest? I cant find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Emete View Post
    Can someone linke me the chain quest? I cant find it.
    It's not really a chain quest. Basically, quest through Mount Hyjal until the big area in the middle becomes the Regrowth.

Ok, so, i just follow, for example, Zygor's guide to complete the achievement for the zone? TYVM

No thread on "what's the best DPS pet" is complete without this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhvvNGeHHME

10+ Year Old Account
    and its a old and tired joke that video is too

Ok, so, i just follow, for example, Zygor's guide to complete the achievement for the zone? TYVM
    Just keep going until you get daily quests around Banthalos' spawn area.

I did quest and now i can see the statue. so, i guess i can see banthalos too?

I did quest and now i can see the statue. so, i guess i can see banthalos too?
    Do you see daily quests around the statue?