Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Feral Druid Scarf [knitting]

Hello!

For a while I've had the idea of making a scarf that has the colours of feral druids and the light shoulder pattern. That's as far as I've planned it. Here is a quick sketch of what I have it in mind so far:

This is the wool I'll be using:

for the body
    for the symbols

I'm open to all suggestions and ideas and changes to my sketch. I still need to design the druid symbol as knitting pattern thingie...

Don't have any tips or suggestions but instead a request...I want one!! That's an awesome idea and I do love the colors for the body. Quite creative!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Nice one

Deleted
    That seems pretty genius to me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks amazing! Would you be willing to share your pattern after you come up with it?

Icon made by leia06 from livejournal.com.

WTB! that would be pretty amazing

Quote Originally Posted by raechuul View Post
    Looks amazing! Would you be willing to share your pattern after you come up with it?
    Of course! Once I get that far... And thanks for the feedback, been wanting to do this since I've been taught to knit last christmas .

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait to see the finished project! I really like the colors you chose too.
    That fabric softener teddy bear...oooh I'm 'a hunt that little bitch down.

might be cheesy, but how about claws/paws at the end. maybe a very subtle version of them

15+ Year Old Account
    Looks really cool! I look forward to seeing what you make!

ive used that wool, that shit is pricey (and very nice). i never could get the hang of knitting myself, but im mean with a crochet hook. if you were crocheting i would suggest making it with an afghan stitch, and then cross stitch the design

Looks awesome! Can't wait for updates^^

Seriously, WTB. That's an awesome idea. Share pics when you get started!

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, that's awesome Good luck with it, i would definitely buy one of those if they were in shops near me! Brilliant idea!

15+ Year Old Account
    Looks cool. But I'd say that unless you're really boss at knitting or have done the pattern before you probably need to do some more detailed studies of whatever that pattern is between the two moon symbols.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    Looks cool. But I'd say that unless you're really boss at knitting or have done the pattern before you probably need to do some more detailed studies of whatever that pattern is between the two moon symbols.
    overall it's really not a difficult pattern. that type of color swapping and such looks harder than it is. there is a limit to fine details of course, but usually those you go back for with a needlepoint type of thing

Patterns itself aren't hard, if you mean the cable stretching between the two ends. The only issue I see is the white pattern. Sorry if I use knitting terms, but usually patterns of different colours are done to look good on one side (stockinette), on the other side you see where one has dragged the wool along. I'm trying to figure out a way to have it look decent on both ides that does not involve knitting in the round, then flatten and sew both sides together. I'm not great at explaining either, I'll see what a certain knitting forum says and when I have done some swatches, I'll get back to here so at least there will be more than a quick photoshop doodle . But thanks for the nice feedback, i'll certainly get this going.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by SneakySams View Post
    Hello!

For a while I've had the idea of making a scarf that has the colours of feral druids and the light shoulder pattern. That's as far as I've planned it. Here is a quick sketch of what I have it in mind so far:

This is the wool I'll be using:

[IMG ]http://a248.e.akamai.net/origin-cdn.volusion.com/cuqel.djuqs/v/vspfiles/photos/MAL-SW-863ZAR-2.jpg[/IMG] for the body
    [IMG ]http://www.wollbox.de/WebRoot/Store4/Shops/61169902/508D/4575/14D9/72AC/3B85/C0A8/29BA/3088/122-600.jpg[/IMG] for the symbols

I'm open to all suggestions and ideas and changes to my sketch. I still need to design the druid symbol as knitting pattern thingie...
    Umm can I say that is uber cool, how much?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see the finished product. If it comes out how i can picture it in my mind, then i will be begging you to make one for me. I played Resto/Feral for my first 3 years of WoW and Moonkin for the last 4. No class has ever been nearly as fun as a Druid imo. I would love to have something to remind me of my time spent with my Druid. And i'd love to support crafting and handmade work, Also supporting a fellow gamer is always a plus too ; )

Deleted
    PM me a picture of it when it is done. If it will look similiar to the picture I want to buy it!