Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

[HOLY] Will our 4 piece PVP bonus be nerfed?

As the title says, I'm wondering what your thoughts are concerning our vastly OP 4 piece PVP bonus.
    Blanketing the raid in Eternal Flame with Divine Purpose procs can give us up to 110k HPS in 10m on some fights, while other classes struggle to catch up.
    I have two piece T14 and I refuse to switch until 4 piece PVE just because the PVP bonus is that much more OP.

The more people using it, the more "urgent" Blizzard will feel the issue is becoming, so if you want it nerfed, more people must continue to use it.

Yeah, I went down 7 or 8 ilvls for the blue pvp set and I'm sticking to it. It's just so much better, even for 25 men.

I only see the pve set being better after heroic pve gear after the patch with a ton of spirit in order to pump out holy radiance even then the pvp set will probably be better. With heroic pve gear it will come to play style most likely after the patch but before then the pvp set is king. I hope they dont nerf it because i pass on all gear to the other hpal since i am a backup raider, but if they nerf it i wont be able to do that any more.

Is EF blanketing still as effective in 25 mans?

Hopefully people naturally shift away once t14 becomes more common. 2 seconds off Holy Shock and the ilvl jump sounds pretty nice.

I still EF blanket in lfr and the only ones to beat me so far is another hpal doing the same thing but is more geared and some monks. But lfr is not norm 25 mans so i dunno

10+ Year Old Account
    I think when monks are nerfed and you see more paladins using this 4-set and topping the meters blizzard will nerf it. I used it for the first time in raid yesterday and was laughing the whole time at how dumb it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    Is EF blanketing still as effective in 25 mans?
    It's more effective in 25 man. In 10 man you can run out of targets to use EF on without overriding your hot; no such problems in 25 man. In 25 man, you also have more opportunities to dump all the mana you're saving into holy radiances (why crusader strike when you can cast a 1 sec holy radiance, amirite?).

I did 110k hps on garalon in 10m yesterday, without any risk of ever running out of mana. The other healer (and the off-spec healer dpsing), who are usually able to at least keep close to me, weren't able to get anywhere even close to able to heal as hard as I was doing. I wasn't being particularily effective in my EF abuse either; often spamming the same target several times in a row to get them up fast, wasting the hot. Losing the hot wasn't a big deal, though, since I just had so many EFs to throw around.

I even had mana to cast holy radiance whenever I saw 4 people close enough to get hit by it.

It is extremely overpowered atm, and while it's fun, I hope they nerf it before I get too used to healing this way.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    It is extremely overpowered atm, and while it's fun, I hope they nerf it before I get too used to healing this way.
    I actually don't find the play style really that fun or skillful way to play at all. Yea the healing numbers are nice, that is about it. You pretty much have to force your fellow healer(s) to heal differently as well.

I actually could see them completely changing the pvp set bonuses. If you compare the Holy Pally set bonuses to other classes, our 2 set and 4 set have pve benefits while the other classes tend to be pvp specific bonuses.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

PvP 4P-Bonus questions and conerns.

I have seen alot of feedback on using the 4 piece pvp bonus for raiding. I would like to give this a try, however I have some questions that I hope all you fantastic forum user can help me with

First is the technique viable for most fights or is it purely situational?

Second I am going to loose about 500 int and 1k spirit if I use the two conquest pieces with the two honor pieces. This paired with the horrible optimazation of secondary stats has me concerned...does the extra holy power really make up for the loses?

Lastly it is my understanding that you take the Divine Purpose talent and when it procs blanket the raid as much as possible with eternal flame.
    I saw somewhere where the rotation with this was holy shock, crusader strike, Fol or Divine Light on beacon, and lastly Holy Radiance if needed? is this correct?

If you have any other tips about this healing style please feel free to give them

Yes, it will be nerfed. It's become more and more mainstream now as a method. Only a matter of time.

It should be nerfed, that said, I can't believe Blizz even put something so powerful on a pvp piece and didn't expect it to be used pretty widely.

Also, I wish I could get it sooner lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    I actually don't find the play style really that fun or skillful way to play at all. Yea the healing numbers are nice, that is about it. You pretty much have to force your fellow healer(s) to heal differently as well.
    4pc PvP isn't about being skillful. Raw HPS is what it IS about.

Quote Originally Posted by Valiea View Post
    It should be nerfed, that said, I can't believe Blizz even put something so powerful on a pvp piece and didn't expect it to be used pretty widely.
    4pc PvP being powerful is okay by itself. 4pc PvP being better than equivalent 4pc PvE in raids is something that is not right.

I think the "problem" will fix itself as we gear up into the 496 pieces and get our set bonuses there. I hope blizz feels the same, b/c in the meantime it's a highly effective way to heal. Last night our second healer died during the second transition on blade lord tayak, and I was able to solo heal the last part of the fight. I ranked 7th for h pallies (Dairypillows Arathor US). This was after dying b/c not enough ppl stacked for unseen strike. No chance I'd have been able to do that without the pvp 4 pc. I'll keep waiting for the sky to fall, but in the meantime, I'm gonna be EF blanketing like a fucking champion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzur View Post
    I think the "problem" will fix itself as we gear up into the 496 pieces and get our set bonuses there. I hope blizz feels the same, b/c in the meantime it's a highly effective way to heal. Last night our second healer died during the second transition on blade lord tayak, and I was able to solo heal the last part of the fight. I ranked 7th for h pallies (Dairypillows Arathor US). This was after dying b/c not enough ppl stacked for unseen strike. No chance I'd have been able to do that without the pvp 4 pc. I'll keep waiting for the sky to fall, but in the meantime, I'm gonna be EF blanketing like a fucking champion.
    You will be able to use conquest to upgrade the malevalent gear. I doubt that the "problem" will be fixed without blizzard stepping in. And the pvp sets every MoP season will likely than not have the exact same set bonuses, cause pvp set bonuses stay the same.

Also, I soloed healed after the 2nd transition as well without the 4set. It is doable.
    Last edited by Freia; 2012-11-14 at 11:56 PM.

Is EF blanketing good for every fight? I thought it was just a few depending on how damage is taken.

Deleted
    I'm not understanding how you can blanket EF? (just dinged my pala the other day and this is the first i've heard of this method) - you build 3HP, you EF, get 1HP, Shock(if its even off cd) and HR/DL on tank for the other two HP? Or is it bugged and giving 1HP per HP spent?

edit: seeing a lot for it here http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-0m...?s=1702&e=2007 and I don't understand how he's building the HP for those EF's.
    Last edited by mmocd7449ed493; 2012-11-15 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oggyowl View Post
    I'm not understanding how you can blanket EF? (just dinged my pala the other day and this is the first i've heard of this method) - you build 3HP, you EF, get 1HP, Shock(if its even off cd) and HR/DL on tank for the other two HP? Or is it bugged and giving 1HP per HP spent?
    You build up to 3 HP and cast an EF. That gives you 1 HP back. Then you HS and HR/DL for two more, and cast another EF. Rinse/repeat. Divine Purpose procs always give you an extra HP. Before you know it you are casting a bunch of EP in a row due to Divine Purpose/4pc combo.
    Last edited by quellious; 2012-11-15 at 11:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quellious View Post
    You build up to 3 HP and cast an EF. That gives you 1 HP back. Then you HS and HR/DL for two more, and cast another EF. Rinse/repeat. Divine Purpose procs always give you an extra HP. Before you know it you are casting a bunch of EP in a row due to Divine Purpose/4pc combo.

Add crusader strike in there.