Thread: Gara'jal trick.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Gara'jal trick.

I need an answer to this silly question , help pl0x.
    We were fighting gara'jal hc and i heard and read on some forums that going inside on the first totem and pop LoH is a huge benefit on our burst at start. I did it i saw improvements on dps but raid leader started screaming and shouting cuz that is a dps loss cuz i lose like 30 secs of heroism. I tryed explaining and stuff and he still said not to do it....
    Now i want to know is it actually a dps loss to do it at start due to the hero 30 secs lost? is it better doing it on next AW ?
    Thx , croack

I'm curious about this as well, but not on HC but on normal. If i went down, popped LoH, swept up the mobs, then came out out would i have full stacks? and would it be a DPS increase?
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

dafuk you talking about losing 30 secs of heroism, it should expire as first totem dies

Why would you lose 30 seconds of heroism? You should be popping it at the end when he goes nuts, not the beginning. O.o

Quote Originally Posted by DrKirre View Post
    Why would you lose 30 seconds of heroism? You should be popping it at the end when he goes nuts, not the beginning. O.o
    wat

10chars
    Last edited by Caribald; 2012-11-13 at 09:19 AM. Reason: bolded relevant part

Quote Originally Posted by DrKirre View Post
    We popoing it at the start, skipping first totem with a healer going in and me ( used to ) and with hero and everyone out + cds we getting him to 75% b4 starting to clear inside

You want to do this more towards the end and end up with your Guardian up when you come out. You don't want to do it at the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    You want to do this more towards the end and end up with your Guardian up when you come out. You don't want to do it at the beginning.
    What i do is wait for the first totem , get in , get out pop guardian wait for the 10 sescs than pop HA and AW + synapse and ES. From what i saw i endup after the cds with about 20k over 2nd dps and like 3-4 mils dmg over.

Many groups pop heroism at the start to stack it with everything else. The start of a fight is the only time anyone can guarantee all their procs will be up. For a dps check such as Gara'jal it comes to a gain against the berserk timer to use it at the start. When he gets mad it turns into more of a healing fight than a dps check. By then you know if you are making enrage or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Croack View Post
    What i do is wait for the first totem , get in , get out pop guardian wait for the 10 sescs than pop HA and AW + synapse and ES. From what i saw i endup after the cds with about 20k over 2nd dps and like 3-4 mils dmg over.
    If your group is using heroism at the pull, you're better off using the prot T11 trick along with the Sanctified Wrath to Holy Avenger switchover.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    If your group is using heroism at the pull, you're better off using the prot T11 trick along with the Sanctified Wrath to Holy Avenger switchover.
    Without going inside ? Should go inside on second AW?

Before pull with lust: 4p11, SA -> HA, proceed as usual.
    When guardian is off cd (AW+HA should be off cd as well), go to the last totem use

/cast Lay on hands
    /click extraactionbutton1

protip: delay your second HA for about 15 seconds. You will understand it immediately.
    obvious tip: use totems for double judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by Megraam View Post
    /cast Lay on hands
    /click extraactionbutton1
    I'm pretty sure it's case-sensitive so it should be:
    /click ExtraActionButton1

Quote Originally Posted by Megraam View Post
    protip: delay your second HA for about 15 seconds. You will understand it immediately.
    Ah I see what you're saying Good idea. Also gives me another good idea: delaying my third Execution Sentence.

15+ Year Old Account
    I need an answer to this silly question , help pl0x.
    We were fighting gara'jal hc and i heard and read on some forums that going inside on the first totem and pop LoH is a huge benefit on our burst at start. I did it i saw improvements on dps but raid leader started screaming and shouting cuz that is a dps loss cuz i lose like 30 secs of heroism. I tryed explaining and stuff and he still said not to do it....
    Now i want to know is it actually a dps loss to do it at start due to the hero 30 secs lost? is it better doing it on next AW ?
    Thx , croack
    On heroic I go in on totem 14 which is the final totem, WoG myself 1 time and then LoH get myself a 23% buff port out and blow my second set of CD's with potion. There is really no reason to do that in the beginning of the fight if you do you are going to lose a ton of hero time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    On heroic I go in on totem 14 which is the final totem, WoG myself 1 time and then LoH get myself a 23% buff port out and blow my second set of CD's with potion. There is really no reason to do that in the beginning of the fight if you do you are going to lose a ton of hero time.
    Answer i was looking for !
    Thank you Requital.

15+ Year Old Account
    Answer i was looking for !
    Thank you Requital.
    Totem number will depend on your raids dps as well, gear is coming pretty quicky for heroic guilds so I would assume the last totem before the push % would be what you are looking for. He pushes into the final phase with no more totems @ 20% life so just aim for the last totem around 23-25% probably.
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

pretty much what other have said here, you want the buff as close to the 20% mark as possible, to get through the burn phases as quick as possible

on heroic with the 6m enrage, if you pop Guardian at the start, it probably wont be of cooldown at the 20%(or if it is your raid dps is going to be too low to kill!), which leaves you with a decision on whether to hold your AW to align it with the totem buff or hold it back even further for GoAK (@5min mark), personally id think aligning with the totem+potion is going to give more dps

Despair are recruiting see RecuitPost for details or visit http://www.eu-despair.com

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firegalus View Post
    pretty much what other have said here, you want the buff as close to the 20% mark as possible, to get through the burn phases as quick as possible

on heroic with the 6m enrage, if you pop Guardian at the start, it probably wont be of cooldown at the 20%(or if it is your raid dps is going to be too low to kill!), which leaves you with a decision on whether to hold your AW to align it with the totem buff or hold it back even further for GoAK (@5min mark), personally id think aligning with the totem+potion is going to give more dps
    Depends if you have 4PC Prot T11 and have no problem using the prepull gear swap. If so you I get more out of it there as we hero on the pull and not @ 20% so I get the Potion 2 Trinkets and goak+aw all active and I don't think the later goak would provide as much. Now if you either don't hero on pull or don't have 4pc t11 then ya definitely save that goak for the hero phase.

The first totem spawns with like 5 seconds left on Heroism... I don't even...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Babytaco View Post
    The first totem spawns with like 5 seconds left on Heroism... I don't even...
    Sure depending on when you hero but that's subjective per guild.