Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Water elemental's new Ability gone

Like I said they took the new water jet as of the latest 5.1 build.

I always thought it was silly that they dedicated time to creating a brand new elemental spell for what amounts to a small qol with targeting reticules, but then the devs have no problems with rune of power's reticule and ignore a majority of the feedback on the qol of all the 90 talents together.

Don't see any reason for removing it, it was just a QoL change really. Kinda bummed out but it's not a significant loss so it's whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellsian View Post
    I always thought it was silly that they dedicated time to creating a brand new elemental spell for what amounts to a small qol with targeting reticules, but then the devs have no problems with rune of power's reticule and ignore a majority of the feedback on the qol of all the 90 talents together.
    It also increased damage on single target by allowing you to generate two charges instead of one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel at this point after playing this game for years, questioning why Blizzard does things is like interrogating a brick wall.

Why remove it though? Not like it's a huge hassle to build up FoF with Nova but it's still a stupid concept.

I'm not really mad about this though, I'm pissed about the Brawler's Guild more than anything.

Arg this irks me. I was really looking forward to a new single target based FoF generator that did actual damage. Before MoP, the WE was arguably unimportant. But now that it's a major part of our damage, i'd really like to see a model update, new spells (arg), etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sw1tch View Post
    Arg this irks me. I was really looking forward to a new single target based FoF generator that did actual damage. Before MoP, the WE was arguably unimportant. But now that it's a major part of our damage, i'd really like to see a model update, new spells (arg), etc.
    Uh... it's had the same behaviour where you get FoF charges from Freeze since Cataclysm

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Uh... it's had the same behaviour where you get FoF charges from Freeze since Cataclysm
    Oh I know, but that was pretty much its only function. It's now a substantial amount of our damage makeup. Using freeze on single targets is just weird. It's a QoL issue, not imperative, but it would be nice for our pet to get some attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    How sad . I wanted to shoot water jets at people.

Oh I know, but that was pretty much its only function. It's now a substantial amount of our damage makeup. Using freeze on single targets is just weird. It's a QoL issue, not imperative, but it would be nice for our pet to get some attention.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...e=5538#Laekoth

4894380 / 433945
    Water Elemental was still doing 11% of the damage of the Mage back in Firelands

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/7...2&e=422#Imnick

27319365 / 4358885
    Water Elemental did about 6% of my damage on Feng a couple of weeks ago

I don't think its damage contribution has been increased either.

Deleted
    Glad it's gone tbh, never liked the idea of mages with pets at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaro View Post
    Glad it's gone tbh, never liked the idea of mages with pets at all.
    The pet is still going to be there, and will in fact be more obvious than if this spell was implemented.

This pet was a QoL assist, an increase to the skill cap, and a mild single target buff for frost, I am livid that they did not implement it. MY RAGE CONSUMES ME, according to the sha anyway

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I think that's a fair assessment. We weren't happy with how this spell was working out on the PTR, and pulled it for now. We're looking into giving it some more polish, and possibly implementing it when the time is right.
    Draxxari on Water Jet.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I think that's a fair assessment. We weren't happy with how this spell was working out on the PTR, and pulled it for now. We're looking into giving it some more polish, and possibly implementing it when the time is right.
    Draxxari on Water Jet.
    F*ck my poor sodding Arcane life.

All this means is that they will spend even more time and more dev resources on fixing/perfecting something which no mage except for Lhivera gives a sh!t about. There are issues that are much higher on the priority list for almost 99% of mages, but they spend time and effort fixing something that their MVP thinks is the biggest issue. I love how this water elemental issue is suddenly the biggest issue mages are having only because Lhivera just won't shut up about it.

FFS, can we just get rid of him already??

Why is the mage community so intent to bend over and get reamed from behind by a guy like Lhivera?? Its so pointlessly tragic.
    Its like people pay a subs fee for the game so that Lhivera can have fun at their expense. Its absurd beyond belief.

/facepalm
    "There are very few who can claim what he can. There are even fewer who can prove it like he can. There are even less that can match him, but all will no doubt accept what he is, and what he can do. The Highlord is for sure one of a kind. A true Master of the Arcane arts. It would be best for you to listen."
    - Lady Nåabi of the Immortalis, former Guild Executor, former Raid Lead.

I disagree zomgDPS. Blizz is in no way prioritizing this, as evidenced by its temporary removal. It's not just Lhiv, it's essentially anyone who likes frost. Single target is even more bursty then it was in Cata (reduced FoF proc based on frostbolt gives it less stability), it would be nice to look forward to some extra guaranteed single target damage. For frost mages, the WE design is a priority. They made it one when they put half of our mastery onto it. They haven't been treating it like a priority for anything but specifically frost mages; however, I do think that Frost needs an increase in proc chance for FoF on frostbolt. 12% for our main nuke it too low. It would be one thing if they added more ways to get FoF (which they did in Frozen orb, but it's 1 more per minute, and I think the extra 8% from cata gave you at least 3 more a minute)

I disagree zomgDPS. Blizz is in no way prioritizing this, as evidenced by its temporary removal. It's not just Lhiv, it's essentially anyone who likes frost. Single target is even more bursty then it was in Cata (reduced FoF proc based on frostbolt gives it less stability), it would be nice to look forward to some extra guaranteed single target damage. For frost mages, the WE design is a priority. They made it one when they put half of our mastery onto it. They haven't been treating it like a priority for anything but specifically frost mages; however, I do think that Frost needs an increase in proc chance for FoF on frostbolt. 12% for our main nuke it too low. It would be one thing if they added more ways to get FoF (which they did in Frozen orb, but it's 1 more per minute, and I think the extra 8% from cata gave you at least 3 more a minute)
    where are all these mages who like frost? all i see is firemages... cause u know it does better on all this tier's fights

Are you honestly going to sit there, Sw!tch, and tell me with a straight face that the water elemental's freeze ability and its clunk or non-cluck feels in single target fights is the most pressing issue to the entire mage class? A more pressing issue than, oh, I dunno, maybe the entire fucking broken state of the Arcane spec? Or perhaps the absolutely generally loathed level 90 talents?
    FFS man. Listen to yourself.

Are you actually trying to tell me that your pet's secondary ability is more important than things that are pretty much breaking the class?

I sure as hell hope you aren't, because that is exactly what you sounded like in your post and it is exactly what Lhivera and others who listen to him as if it was the word of god believe.

Blizzard has just spent an entire major patch cycle trying to fix a stupid ability of a pet. They focused their entire efforts on testing and tweaking this ability. Fuck me, you cannot be serious when you say they haven't prioritized this over everything else. FFS, they reverted the Invoc change without even testing it but spent the entire 5.1 PTR testing and analyzing the fucking water elemental pet ability.

How is that not fucked up for you??

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the WE thing isn't an issue at all, you see, unlike Lhiv, I accept it when someone tells me X or Y is a problem for them. I just don't think this issue is the most pressing issue for the mage class.

Can you not see it? For the first time in about 4 years a blue posted in the official mage forums, and about what topic? Thats right, about the fucking water elemental pet ability topic.

How much more proof do you need that the entire design effort from blizz right now is on fixing this stupid pet ability solely because Lhivera has made it into the biggest issue right now. How can you not see that they are willfully ignoring all other mage class issues for this??
    "There are very few who can claim what he can. There are even fewer who can prove it like he can. There are even less that can match him, but all will no doubt accept what he is, and what he can do. The Highlord is for sure one of a kind. A true Master of the Arcane arts. It would be best for you to listen."
    - Lady Nåabi of the Immortalis, former Guild Executor, former Raid Lead.

You probably didn't even read what I just said. I said it was the most pressing for frost mages. Last time I checked, frost mages did not equal all mages. There's two other specs you know! You've been overdramatizing every single word. An entire patch cycle trying to fix this? The WE hasn't been touched. They've barely looked at it. Look past your own ignorance to what they've really been doing. I didn't say once this was the most pressing issue for the mage class, but there you go spouting it like i've said it a million times.

You must be trolling really. There isn't any other explanation. Even if you aren't, this is another classic case of "who cares about frost". Yes, arcane needs fixing. Is anyone denying that? But please, help the spec that hasn't been the Top mage PvE spec in the history of WoW first. (besides when bosses were fire immune in vanilla, lawl).

This post was created for the rather dramatic change to the WE that frost mages were looking forward to. Make your own post if you want, but don't come on ones that specifically target those concerned about it and spout nonsense about how in some crazy way the people who want this change are affecting arcane changes from happening. That's utterly ridiculous.

And warok, I said people who like frost. Many polls have been taken on this very site that show the preference among mage players is nearly 33/33/33, but there's a difference between what you play and what you like. The majority playing fire just means the other two need some attention.
    Last edited by Sw1tch; 2012-11-15 at 03:17 AM.