The "exp" required deal, what to do?

Hi guys,

I want to get your opinions on this whole "Minimum exp required" for PvP.

I realise that some people may think "If you are good it shouldn't matter" but for me personally, I have only recently come from PvE (high end) to PvP in the last couple of months.

I have recently xferred to a more "healthy" pvp server and have found that everyone wants "exp" of a certain level.

The issue I have found is that MAJORITY of the people are asking for people to have exp way above their own, or above what they should be aiming currently.

Example: Last night I had a rogue asking for 2k exp, 1800 minimum for R/M/healer. I decided to go along (I don't have that experience currently, but oh well). I won plenty of games at around 1700-1800 MMR but also lost quite a few due to better players/better comps. The thing was that the rogue was really not that great, always LOSing me on 20% hp, and then complaining he couldn't get heals, Calls for BoP but then cloak + vanishes etc etc. We lose majority of the "loss" games from him, yet he was the 2k exp player...

Then I asked to join a team, told them I was MMRing at about 1700-1850 last night but they said, 2k or nty. This I respected, but after looking up these players, there were not even past the MMR that I had been playing at last night.

Just because you got 2k last season doesnt mean that you will get minimum 2k this season, especially if you get those achieves when playing imbalanced comps. (Warrior/Hunter/x springs to mind, especially at very beginning of the season).

I am really keen to try to get into serious pvp, but I find that if I play with teams who dont have a "Exp req" I end up with people who dont know how to play AT ALL, but if I try for something higher I get "not enough exp, soz bro" or I get people who are actually quite terrible but still ahve the 2k ach and therefore think they are good.

My question is what do you think about it, what do you suggest? Is there some underground PvP world where people meet to play together (jokes)?
    I dont mind working my way up, but at the moment I seem to be getting caught in the middle of the scale, either complete scrubs, or people who are (or think they are) too good and have to much rating/exp.

TL;DR: People want really high exp, but if you dont have that exp you are left with below average players, most teams are either to high to consider (exp wise) or they are bad and somehow have that achieve.

Thanks.

Networking. Only way you're gonna get anywhere is with making friends with other high rated players and then playing with them. It's the same with getting anywhere irl.

Is there some underground PvP world where people meet to play together
    It's pretty much this. Back in the day you used to be able to go to durotar and see where the other good players are, now that's ruined. I'm not too sure anymore. Try joining a GOOD PvP guild (not some random one full of 1500 scrubs) and do the 2s point cap with some of the high rated players. Prove to them that you're good.

Alternatively play with shit players and carry them and get decent ratings. Or improve with a bunch of shit players over time.
    this game sucks

Quote Originally Posted by rektlol View Post
    Networking. Only way you're gonna get anywhere is with making friends with other high rated players and then playing with them. It's the same with getting anywhere irl.

It's pretty much this. Back in the day you used to be able to go to durotar and see where the other good players are, now that's ruined. I'm not too sure anymore. Try joining a GOOD PvP guild (not some random one full of 1500 scrubs) and do the 2s point cap with some of the high rated players. Prove to them that you're good.

Alternatively play with shit players and carry them and get decent ratings. Or improve with a bunch of shit players over time.
    Yeah I figured this much. I have found that a lot of the guilds who have decent players now have exp requirements as well, meaning I am at a loss there. Being a Hpally, I need my dps in 3s to be decent, with KFC and Godcomps running around I can't simply just carry them =/.

Quote Originally Posted by Droodeffekt View Post
    Yeah I figured this much. I have found that a lot of the guilds who have decent players now have exp requirements as well, meaning I am at a loss there. Being a Hpally, I need my dps in 3s to be decent, with KFC and Godcomps running around I can't simply just carry them =/.
    You just have to find a team and stick with it improving over time. Also KFC is pretty shit these days.

My only other suggestion is play with scrubs (not complete shitcunts) but tell them how to improve. Back in wrath when I used to sell carries in 2s for wep, by the end of the session they wouldn't need me telling them what to do, and they were actually an 1800 player.

They were paying more to become an 1800 player rather than to get the rating. Then again there was some sort of respect there and they would listen. (i've played with a lot of people who wouldn't listen to criticism because 'their way was the best way', those were a pain and he didnt improve at all.).

So long story short, just teach them the tips and tricks and what to do and you will all improve and 2k wont be far off.
    Last edited by rektbrah; 2012-11-15 at 03:33 AM.
    this game sucks

Quote Originally Posted by rektlol View Post
    You just have to find a team and stick with it improving over time. Also KFC is pretty shit these days.

My only other suggestion is play with scrubs (not complete shitcunts) but tell them how to improve. Back in wrath when I used to sell carries in 2s for wep, by the end of the session they wouldn't need me telling them what to do, and they were actually an 1800 player.

They were paying more to become an 1800 player rather than to get the rating. Then again there was some sort of respect there and they would listen. (i've played with a lot of people who wouldn't listen to criticism because 'their way was the best way', those were a pain and he didnt improve at all.).

So long story short, just teach them the tips and tricks and what to do and you will all improve and 2k wont be far off.
    Yeah that is my plan. I am finding people are so quit to leave teams though as well. People want the instant rating or they leave, which is already a really big issue I am finding. =/

Try going to durotar and asking people there if they're interested, don't spam general
    this game sucks

Deleted
    Many of these people are looking for people above their skill level so they can leech of them, it's that easy. A great many others might not have done their achievments/ratings legally, especially if they're bad players. There are many people offering boosts, either self play (mostly more expensive) or letting them play your account, some do it for real money others are content with a huge ammount of gold.

Hell I personally know 4 gladiators, only one of them got his without exploiting/wintrading/paying. Same goes for several heroes of the horde I know. Yet these often mediocre players at best act like elitist jerks trying to keep other peoples out. The only reason they're still hitting decent ratings is because they just sit on their MMR since the start of Cataclysm and thus just end up all the way up there again.

At the start of Cataclysm I rerolled an Shaman, I was late and so was the warrior I played with to 85 because we both leveled other chars first. It was tuesday already and we still capped arena points, in hindsight a very bad decisions seeing as how we lost about 50-60% of our games in the first week. Joining Arena with blue/green quest items isn't such a great idea if other people already have access to epic weapons.
    Altough we had far better gear next week and won the vast majority of games we were eventually stuck around 1,5k. At that point we had an overall victory rate of 75-80% but it did not matter a single bit. Because a single loss at times made us lose more rating then we gained for 2-4 victories. We eventually gave up and simply disbanded the team.

I then started playing with an feral I know who at that point sat around 1,9. Within a few games I hit his rating, simply because I joined his team and he/his team had an higher mmr and I got showered in rating. This alone is one of the reasons why people are looking for others with as high an mmr/rating as possible.

That being said. MMR is royally messed up, ratings and mmr are as worthless as never before and that is saying something, seeing as how people exploited, win traded and simply agreed to not play anymore so 10 teams could camp rank 1 with the exact same rating since day one.

Get yourself into RBG groups. It's the fastest way of making PvP partners imo.

No one wants to play with lesser rated people, its just the way it is. If you have 2.2k exp would you want to play with 1500 players? Didn't think so. I was actually in the same situation as you on one of my characters. Last season I got 1976 in 3's but this season I have a new class & no achievements. I just played lots of arenas with random teams until I found like-minded players with similar exp. Found a cool warrior and we ran TSG to 2080, eventually we will go for tier 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
    No one wants to play with lesser rated people, its just the way it is. If you have 2.2k exp would you want to play with 1500 players? Didn't think so.
    Speak for youself. I like to teach, and help. My last guild, I was the one who went through everything and taught the newer players who didn't have the experience for either our PvP team or our PvE team.

It is tough to find good players to play with you if you have no Achievements.

I used to play PvE (a bit hardcore) then switched to PvP, played with a friend for the first time, reached 199X rating and didn't continue after that (Wasn't much of achievement collector kind of person), but though I regret not playing that extra game for the 2k achievement :P since most ask for that.

I Leveled an alt Shaman as resto, I just played random with whoever I find on trade chat to cap points 10 games a week, reached 188X rating since we barely lost matches.

And now when MoP hit, I'm trying to find some good players to play for serious ratings, I'm not finding any because I don't have 2.2k achievement. It's not like I can't reach it, its that I never played to reach it, and now I want to pursue that.