Page 55 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tayace View Post
    STOP EATING OUT!! Jesus. I live in Canada and buy my groceries in the States because it is cheaper and I still don't even come close to needing $550 a month on food. $10 a meal are you serious lol. Learn how to cook or accept your stupidity. One person can survive with $150 a month on food easy. My god stop eating fast food every night.
    as an American i agree 6lb of spaghetti is about 10$ at most + sauce/meatballs comes out to maybe 25$ and that will last maybe 2 weeks
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    When me and the wife were working, and with three boys, we didn't qualify. With just one of us working we qualify for a little, like eighty bucks, which does help. However, the big help is medical coverage for the kids. That saves us a couple hundred a month and the care is so much better than when they were on my or the wife's policy.

Yep, welcome to what you get when you combine sore losers and social media.
    Indeed the system of support is not a sound one and does not line up with the goals of society(producing stable families who raise stable children who then lead productive lives). There are several "couples" in my place of employment who are not married, who will never be married, because they can both claim their children as dependents but file as individuals, gaining them more support and money from the system.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vago View Post
    I know this is true but I am having a hard time understand how. I did some research and found that 13 of the the top 15 states, when it comes to money paid by federal government for welfare, are all blue states. This makes me wonder, while red states are pulling more money from the federal gov't than say blue states but its for something other than welfare maybe we are using the money for something worth while...like research or something maybe?

Anyone know? And this is a serious question. What are red states using federal funding for...because it isn't, at least compaired to blue states, welfare.

Wait, nevermind, I found it...allot of the federal funding are for farms, NASA, Social Security (retires generally migrate South), etc, etc. So yea, I guess if you want to be technical Red States do pull more federal funds / per capita than Blue states do but when you break down what the funding is for you may find that you sing a different tune.
    Welfare is an even number based on population, so the higher the population the higher number of welfare recipients although the percentage is about even based on population.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...are-table.html

However State Aid covers a lot of different things to include Hi-ways, Farm subsidies, and a large host of social programs. States like California can pay for them selves but many Red States need federal aid to pay for what they have. The point is that the Red states claim welfare costs the country too much but then take more money from the government than the blue states. It's the hypocrisy that people in the blue states are pointing out.

---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 07:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Since our defense budget is high and we buy weps from ourselves, it maybe military related. We all know where spending in blue states goes, unions and social programs.
    lol, you really do not understand economics, a basic state budget in today's world is 1/3rd law enforcement and incarceration. 1/3 maintain infrastructure, and 1/3 divided evenly to emergency service, social programs, and state government. All states fallow essentially the same budget design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chad, I think's it been proven to be abundantly clear that you're not interested in providing concrete positions backed up by reputable sources.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    lol, you really do not understand economics
    Says the guy who spends $10 on breakfast everyday :P

Grokan aka wells, hola man, nice to see ya

I think it's funny that you think they are the same person.

10+ Year Old Account

Dude, he and wells have argued plenty of times. Each providing a hell of a lot more substance than you have.

15+ Year Old Account
    Good, good. The Deus Ex storyline becomes reality more each passing day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    I think it's funny that you think they are the same person.
    Grokan updated his icon, I bet chad doesn't recognize him.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    We're going to put chips in welfare recipients so they go crazy? Mwahahahaha.

And by "mwahahahaha" I mean "oh no that's terrible".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Welcome comrade! Our numbers are growing and with Obama in power, there is nothing to stop us! Now, where is that moose and squirrel?

10+ Year Old Account
    You gotta tell me robin, you dont think its unfair that people get $5 a head (family like yours and his, kids dont get you the full $6) and your getting $80 when your paying for it?

The key is to keep them from ever achieving success, a decent standard of living does just that. You have 43 presidential democratic votes if they live to be 70. There is no way for the democratic party to lose at this point with the overpopulation of immigrants now in the united states. 70% voted democrat and the numbers are only increasing. Sore loser or not this country is destined for bankruptcy due to the idiotic philosophy that higher taxes = higher returns. Works on paper but not in reality.
    Well the "devil is in the details," so to speak. I have little confidence in the proclamations from either side of the aisle. Because they both have many reasons to exaggerate and fabricate. I'm 41 years old and I've been quite wealthy as well as dirt poor. I've lived in condos and I've lived on the street. I've lived in various places, from Washington to Georgia and from Texas to Minnesota. The largess you and some others imply is somehow the norm? I've never witnessed.

Now I have read and heard of people working the angles, so to speak, to maximize their benefits. Like min-maxers in a mumorpuger. I've also read and heard of folks who were outright engaged in fraud to get a lot more than they should have. However, I have seen people that the various safety net programs saved from not only a loss of nutrition and shelter. But also a loss of hope and lost potential for a better future.

I've also learned what happens to regimes that do not care enough for their populace. Even the relatively minor percentage that may honestly delude themselves into thinking that they are inherently owed something, or believe everything is anyone's fault but their own, matters. We have learned, at great cost, what happens when we place ourselves to far above our fellow man. If we do not care about them. Then they will have little to no reason to care about us.

If the price we must pay to help as many as we can with food, medicine, and hope, when they need it. Especially for the children. Is for those selfish enough to place themselves above their fellow man, sometimes taking advantage of it? Then that is a price I have, and will, continue to help pay. The world has changed and will continue too. As FDR once put it:
    Security was attained in the earlier days through the interdependence of members of families upon each other and of the families within a small community upon each other. The complexities of great communities and of organized industry make less real these simple means of security. Therefore, we are compelled to employ the active interest of the Nation as a whole through government in order to encourage a greater security for each individual who composes it... This seeking for a greater measure of welfare and happiness does not indicate a change in values. It is rather a return to values lost in the course of our economic development and expansion...
    So, it is less a matter of whether I think it is fair or not and more a matter of whether I think helping my fellow man is right or not. Does that answer your question?
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2012-11-15 at 07:24 AM. Reason: Wording
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not realistic and not going to happen. People that are signing the petition with hopes or beliefs that it will happen are naive. It is more symbolic. People are angry and are reaching out to the government to react in the most direct way they can, they want answers. It makes them feel like their voices are heard, no big deal.

What is really sad is there are some very important issues being petitioned which will most likely be overshadowed by these.

And as far as I know the biggest response to a petition given by the White House was about the White House brew recipe....yeah, really good job there guys.

However State Aid covers a lot of different things to include Hi-ways, Farm subsidies, and a large host of social programs. States like California can pay for them selves but many Red States need federal aid to pay for what they have. The point is that the Red states claim welfare costs the country too much but then take more money from the government than the blue states. It's the hypocrisy that people in the blue states are pointing out.[COLOR="red"]
    Thats a good point but in all fairness, from my experience, most blue states have higher local and sin (thinking NY and Cali here) taxes as well as toll roads, which most Red States do not have. Personally I view that as punishing their working class, mostly middle class population; especially toll roads. Think about it, who has to travel everyday? People getting back and forth to work? Same for taxes, those receiving "assistance" don't pay taxes on assisted goods like food, who does? Middle class working America right? Kinda Ironic, IMO which states are the Blue (for the working class) states and which ones are Red (for the top 2%); talk about hypocrisy.
    Last edited by Vago; 2012-11-15 at 03:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Still waiting on what you were going to say about me.

10+ Year Old Account
    We Petition the Obama Administration To...require any musical arrangement with a cowbell instrument must increase the intensity of cowbell by at least 25%

What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by crazymack View Post
    We Petition the Obama Administration To...require any musical arrangement with a cowbell instrument must increase the intensity of cowbell by at least 25%

What do you guys think?
    I was going to say we Petition the Obama Administration to make people have to apply for a license to be able to wear spandex in public.

Quote Originally Posted by crazymack View Post

What do you guys think?
    Crazy liberal hippy! Next you'll probably want all the real tax paying Americans to pay for Obama to give cowbells to everyone! ROAR!

/sarcasm.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Dude, he and wells have argued plenty of times. Each providing a hell of a lot more substance than you have.
    From what I've seen, this has been a fairly consistent pattern. Thankfully Obama winning seems to have taken some of the wind from him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I was going to say we Petition the Obama Administration to make people have to apply for a license to be able to wear spandex in public.
    o0 great idea, i have to admit i haven't real through all the pages yet of this thread and miss out on good ideas like that.