Aff: Mastery vs. Haste

Quick question, should reforge OUT of haste into mastery if I'm close to hitting the 47xx haste threshold?

Thanks
    Last edited by Rajidon; 2012-11-15 at 05:17 AM.

Not this thread.....again.
    Cyner#1996

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajidon View Post
    Quick question, should reforge OUT of haste into mastery if I'm close to hitting the 47xx haste threshold?

Thanks
    If you're close to hitting a threshold, why on earth would you reforge out of that stat?
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

>Do whatever you want with hit, cap it, keep it low, etc. Personal Preference.
    >Reach either the 4198 or 4717 haste breakpoint, usually whichever one that will result in having more mastery then haste after reaching it.
    >Reforge the rest into mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Kink View Post
    >Do whatever you want with hit, cap it, keep it low, etc. Personal Preference.
    >Reach either the 4198 or 4717 haste breakpoint, usually whichever one that will result in having more mastery then haste after reaching it.
    >Reforge the rest into mastery.
    Ok, this is basically what I had been doing. Then while raiding tonight someone told me that I should be reforging all into mastery. Just wanted to double check.

Also, how low is too low for it? I was sitting around 12%(orc with wand) tonight, and felt like I was missing sooo much on Empress.

Oh, and thanks for reply ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Rajidon View Post
    Ok, this is basically what I had been doing. Then while raiding tonight someone told me that I should be reforging all into mastery. Just wanted to double check.

Also, how low is too low for it? I was sitting around 12%(orc with wand) tonight, and felt like I was missing sooo much on Empress.

Oh, and thanks for reply ^_^
    I rock 12% as affliction, just have to be proactive to misses if you're going to go bellow hit cap, which falls along the lines of personal preference. Anything bellow 9% is kind of absurd in my opinion and is usually just for parsing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyner View Post
    Not this thread.....again.
    I was thinking the same.

Haste > single target, Mastery > More targets. So.. 4717 is like the sweetspot between having enough haste to do good on single target and reach a breakingpoint and you will have enough mastery after that to do good on fights with more than one boss/target. Do what you want with hit.

Do you guys advice gemming strait mastery instead of intl? I see some WLs doing it, but wasn't sure.

Deleted
    well that depends entirely on your gear. the general rule is that below ilvl 480 you should gem pure int in red sockets, int/haste in yellow sockets and int/hit in blue sockets. when you reach ilvl 480+ the statweighs changes quite a lot. you should now gem mastery/int in red sockets, pure mastery in yellow sockets and hit/mastery in blue sockets provided ofc the socket bonus is worth it. the reason for this is that pre ilvl 480 haste is simmed higher than mastery but at ilvl 480 mastery overtakes haste according to simcraft.

and just for clearity, all these questions can be answered by going onto websites like icy-veins as their guides are pretty good and would answer your fundamental questions about the class when it comes to gemming etc.

Where as i do see the factors of the 4717 haste >mastery set up, when simming my setup i get scale factor of
    int-4.00
    sp-3.30
    hit-1.78 (i usually try ignore this and try to stick to 11-12%)
    crit-1.35
    haste-2.02
    mastery- 2.01
    The usual way I would go about optimizing these stats to my gear is importing those weights into mr.robot and let it optimize from their.
    Just questioning if this would be right way about doing this, if so, leads me to 8k+ haste with some low mastery ratings.

When comparing Int vs Mastery only for dots, we have reached a point, where an analytical approach would be possible instead of the usual numerical approaches with try and error via simulationcraft. But when involving Haunt, MG/DS and procs or even movement it gets too messy for an analytical approach.

BTW: what are the correctly working formulas for agony, corruption and UA? I found some formulas of those spells, but their values do not match ingame values.

With those formulas it would be easy to build a spreadsheet for comparing those values.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 01:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lyndonm33 View Post
    Where as i do see the factors of the 4717 haste >mastery set up, when simming my setup i get scale factor of
    int-4.00
    sp-3.30
    hit-1.78 (i usually try ignore this and try to stick to 11-12%)
    crit-1.35
    haste-2.02
    mastery- 2.01
    The usual way I would go about optimizing these stats to my gear is importing those weights into mr.robot and let it optimize from their.
    Just questioning if this would be right way about doing this, if so, leads me to 8k+ haste with some low mastery ratings.
    What exacly do you sim?

I guess just single target.

Mess araound with multiple target sims as well to get the impression, of how those factors work. And most important: Verrify your reforge by running annother sim with after reforging. Sometimes this shows that the new reforge is inferior.