Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

2013 Blizzcon - How big will it be?

With wow's next xpac probably going to be announced (I say that because cata released dec 2010, and blizzcon 2011 showed a very far advanced xpac and will be even more so since mop released oct, then blizzcon 2013 sounds right for an xpac announcement)

A d3 xpac announcement prob, not as much details as the wow xpac will have, but it'll be general idea's poss new class etc.

MAYBE a sc2 xpac? Prob not since heart of the swarm will release only 7 months prior..They'll prob save that for blizzcon 2014.

And my guess, will be the bombshell. Titan. Titan will finally be announced with huge details on this MMO. If not blizzcon 2014 it'll be announced..But I don't think that leaked q4 2013 is an accurate release at all. I think it'll be announced blizzcon 2013 and released end of the year 2014 most likely. Because blizz is slow. Titan will be all the corrected mistakes of wow.

I'm guessing it may start with huge features wow has, like lfd and stuff like that. With an amazing engine and such.

I think there will be a delay in titan because they want it to have the best engine possible and not an older engine. They'll want it with the newest tech of it's time.

They say it's a real next generation MMO..I hope so.

Deleted
    i think they will announce all you said, but, the 2nd SC2 xpac im pretty sure they will.

On the subject on titan technology, i can see them waiting to see if the megaservers on ESO will work, because if so, thats a diamond idea

the 2nd SC2 xpac isn't a secret, its the protoss one and its called Legacy of the Void. But I really would love to see the D3 xpac and WoW xpac 5. Druids for Diablo and Demon Hunters for WoW!!!!

Two guys in a linen closet talking about how they're going to quit because of CRZ/dailies/leveling/LFR

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think they will announce Titan yet, they still have future xpacs planned for WoW so announcing it now would cause people to stop playing.

I believe Titan will only be unveiled depending on World of Warcraft MoP sales/subs numbers. If they're lower than their expectations/needs - than it will be revealed. If it met them, then they'll hold off Titan for another year.

I say this because Blizz's other two cash-cows never materialized. SC2's real-money map store went poof... and D3's RMAH is probably way underperforming from their expectations due to the mass exodus of players from that game early on.

So, their profits MIGHT not be where they want them to be right now... and with their ONLY cash-cow on shaky ground they may have to set up a new one ASAP - thus they may need Titan to help bolster the development costs they were hoping to get from the other two.

On a second thought though, they may simply skip Titan for another time and make it its own unique press event. Remember, Diablo III and SC2 were NOT announced at Blizzcon. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if Titan will be revealed, although 2013 will be the first Blizzcon where I think it's an actual possibility.

I'm sure we will get expansion announcements or details for all the other games, though.

I think Blizzard has learned its lessons and all Blizzcons from now on will feature some kind of big announcement. The last time they had one (09?) without an announcement was a big letdown, and I think that is why they choose not to have one in 2012 - because nothing special to talk about.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I don't know if Titan will be revealed, although 2013 will be the first Blizzcon where I think it's an actual possibility.

I'm sure we will get expansion announcements or details for all the other games, though.

I think Blizzard has learned its lessons and all Blizzcons from now on will feature some kind of big announcement. The last time they had one (09?) without an announcement was a big letdown, and I think that is why they choose not to have one in 2012 - because nothing special to talk about.
    I think the lack of Blizzcon in 2012 it has far more to do with money issues and laying off 10% of their workforce than not being able to show a 30 second announcement you can get for free at home. (yes, the opening ceremonies are free to watch online - even without the package deal. Was perfect quality and in HD too...).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I think the lack of Blizzcon in 2012 it has far more to do with money issues and laying off 10% of their workforce than not being able to show a 30 second announcement you can get for free at home. (yes, the opening ceremonies are free to watch online - even without the package deal. Was perfect quality and in HD too...).
    I don't know how much money had to do with it, since they charge a hefty amount for tickets and also have vendor booths and the like. I mean maybe but I'm not sure about how much.

Whether it was the sole cause for them opting to pass in 2012 or not, the fact is that you really can't build a good convention without some big new info to centre it around. You can't build an opening ceremonies on a non-announcement (and if you think they are 30 seconds long, you are watching something else), and the panels will be mostly dull or information unexciting. 2009 showed that pretty clearly when the only announcement they had was the Monk class for D3. Making it more infrequent not only increases demand by making it seem more "special" but also means that you will have plenty of announcements to hype. Blizzcon survives on the enthusiasm and excitement of the attendees.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    I just hope the next wow xpac raises it to the next level. I am hoping 10 levels with 2 new classes, 2 + new races, return of the titans, path of the titans implemented, illidan brought back..etc

My wish list is long. I have HIGH expectations for this expansion. It'll be here before we know it. MoP may only be over a month old..But time goes quick. Before we know it we'll be killing sargeras.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I don't know how much money had to do with it, since they charge a hefty amount for tickets and also have vendor booths and the like. I mean maybe but I'm not sure about how much.
    Even despite all that, Blizzcon is STILL a financial loss. The lack of a Blizzcon 2012 probably had much more to do with the fact that there really wouldn't have been anything new to show off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    2 new classes,
    Are you freaking serious? They have problem to balance the game when they add 1 class. Can't see them add 2 at once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Id say titan is 50-50%. Wow xpac is near 100%. Diablo xpac 75%. and sc2 30% chance. Ill be happy with just wow and titan reveals. I expect titan, wow, and diablo. with 2014 being the final blizzcon before titan. Maybe wow xpac but doubt it, and final info on d3.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping we get a preview of the new character models personally. See what Blizz is cooking up and get some feedback to their art department. Though the rate I estimate they are being made might make this less likely to happen but I would like to see Blizzard come out and talk about what they are doing to improve our experience solely based off our major requests: Player housing, new models, queue times, etc.

Not to say I believe they'll discuss these things aside from Q&A, I'm just hopeful.

I would like to see Titan but I almost feel that needs something other than Blizzcon, like an announcement beforehand then a detailed walkthrough and panel at Blizzcon. I wanna see it, don't get me wrong, but for some reason it feels like it be a really big bombshell just to drop at Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkyy View Post
    I dont think they will announce Titan yet, they still have future xpacs planned for WoW so announcing it now would cause people to stop playing.
    If that was the case, Titan has been put on hold for at least 5 more years. MoP will last at least a year, another expansion will be another year on top if that, and the chances of there being a 6th expansion is very likely. At this pint, they have no plans on scrapping the game. Everquest had its 18th expansion released last year, and has been going since 1999, so based on your logic, Titan is a list cause that we will never see.

WoW is a game that destroyed the sub numbers of a 13 year old game that was HUGE for years after to release, and despite the rage people have over each expansion, it will last for many years to come, with expansions pretty regularly.
    Last edited by Joeydivision82; 2012-11-15 at 07:08 AM.

Deleted
    I think they will announce Titan.
    They even said Titan and Wow would be able to co-exist on the market.
    Last edited by mmoc4da348c949; 2012-11-15 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kellyc View Post
    I think they will announce Titan.
    They even said Titan and Wow would be able to co-exist on the market.
    Said the same geniuses who released Diablo III - causing a 1.1 million sub loss after 2 consecutive quarters of next to no sub-losses. :P

Secondly, the trouble also so much isn't co-existing styles... the trouble is time allocation. Not every person has to the time to play 2 MMOs simultaneously.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have a feeling Blizzcon will be earlier next year. Probably during summer. D3 expansion or Titan will be revealed. The next WoW expansion will also be revealed.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

15+ Year Old Account
    They accounced and released Diablo 3 too. Though I have a feeling Titan will be P2P which makes it different. Not many pay for 2 games monthly. Although companies can make more money with F2P games, but Blizzard may be an exception.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Said the same geniuses who released Diablo III - causing a 1.1 million sub loss after 2 consecutive quarters of next to no sub-losses. :P

Secondly, the trouble also so much isn't co-existing styles... the trouble is time allocation. Not every person has to the time to play 2 MMOs simultaneously.
    This is very true. WoW is a very time consuming game, as are MMOs in general. It wouldn't be easy for a lot of people to find enough time to play WoW and Titan.

That said, I believe Titan will be announced at Blizzcon 2013. What a lot of you are forgetting is that - knowing Blizzard - Titan will remain under development for probably 10 years after it's announcement. So just announcing it doesn't mean that we should be expecting it any time soon. I unfortunately doubt that Blizz has learned from their mistake of letting hype rise up and crash back down again.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."