Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraxis View Post
    10./11.

This is exactly the mistake many mages do. If u're lucky and the last pyros crit, the u'll have a supercombustion. But if not and only the first ones crit you may lose the critignite.

So be aware of crits and dont hesitate clipping B2B Pyros 2-3globals after the first crit.
    As I've mathed out here somewhere on the forums, waiting that long is not really ideal. The biggest part of the crit pyro's ignite is ticked out immediately on the first ignite tick after that pyro hits. (wow that sentence is dizzying) crit-hit-hit is only a better combust in a fraction of a second window than a single crit and immediate combustion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    As I've mathed out here somewhere on the forums, waiting that long is not really ideal. The biggest part of the crit pyro's ignite is ticked out immediately on the first ignite tick after that pyro hits. (wow that sentence is dizzying) crit-hit-hit is only a better combust in a fraction of a second window than a single crit and immediate combustion.
    Could be, but with always combusting directly after the first crit u give away the chance of double/triple crit and supercombust. So for that reason i would at least shoot 1 Pyro after the first crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxis View Post
    Could be, but with always combusting directly after the first crit u give away the chance of double/triple crit and supercombust. So for that reason i would at least shoot 1 Pyro after the first crit.
    True, unfortunately you also lose total combustion uptime. Finding the perfect balance between rolling the dice for huge combustions and making sure you cast it as many times as possible in a given fight will be a huge factor in dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing to keep i mind, when trying to fish for a good ignite. When you do the Alter Time/PoM macro, be aware that they might not even crit, you WANT them to crit, the goal is to get two in a row to get an extra at the end, and just hope they crit. All you can really do is be patient, set your threshold on Combust helper a little higher, and just wait for that sweet moment. If you get a good crit and your ignite is pushing 40k, don't chance another and make it weaker, go ahead and use it up, there will be more. GL

Quote Originally Posted by andreas1999 View Post
    Have you played around with going for more Mastery instead of Haste? You can get some big Ignites going when you go Mastery-heavy. In theory, if all you wanted was one big Combustion you'd probably go with nothing but Mastery and Crit.

I don't use POM myself, but 3 Pyroblast crits in a row should build a big Ignite. At my gear level I don't see 3 crits in a row very often. If you get 2 in a row, hit Combustion.
    This isn't too ideal until you hit 3056 Haste. At that point, Haste is near worthless until you get to the next plateau. 3056 Haste is pretty important though (and very easy to get)

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 05:24 PM ----------

@OP: Unless you get a very lucky string of Pyros and get 3-5 on each side of an Alter Time, you won't see 30+ too often. I once got 71k though when I got EVERY SINGLE Pyroblast crit (Roughly 9-12 crits)

Also, if you have PoM, you shouldn't ever Combust w/o it because both cooldowns are 1.5m (90s) (You ARE using the glyph, right?). While this will change once you get your 4P T14, if I use PoM on a fight, I still plan to use PoM with every Combust.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    This isn't too ideal until you hit 3056 Haste. At that point, Haste is near worthless until you get to the next plateau. 3056 Haste is pretty important though (and very easy to get)

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 05:24 PM ----------

@OP: Unless you get a very lucky string of Pyros and get 3-5 on each side of an Alter Time, you won't see 30+ too often. I once got 71k though when I got EVERY SINGLE Pyroblast crit (Roughly 9-12 crits)

Also, if you have PoM, you shouldn't ever Combust w/o it because both cooldowns are 1.5m (90s) (You ARE using the glyph, right?). While this will change once you get your 4P T14, if I use PoM on a fight, I still plan to use PoM with every Combust.
    No, Haste stays strong after Plateau. And is significant ahead of Mastery!

It doesn't make sense to do all those Pyros as i told before. Just be aware of crits.

Best thing to start a combustion is:

Wait for HU -> IB
    Cast FB for the next HU so that you have HU/HS together.
    Cast another FB an directly follow it up with the HS.
    Usually here the chance for a crit is very high due to HU is up an FB/HS hitting together.
    After that Crit do 2 (max.3) more Pyros and Combust.

I usually combust BEFORE using the AT IF my first pyro crits and my Combustions at the Start are 60k-100k crits nearly everytime.

RULE OF THUMB:

1. Raise the Chance for Pyrocrit by having HU AND HS and by hitting with FB AND HS at the same time.

2. After the first Pyrocrit do 2 (max.3) more and Combust. It doesnt matter if there are Instant Pyros left from PoM/AT.
    Last edited by Abraxis; 2012-11-20 at 07:40 AM.