Does PvP Exclude Some Playstyles?

In the beta, I played a Ranger and had no problem being the cookie cutter "bleed and bird surge." It was very easy for this play style to come through. As I have progressed in the game, I now prefer a more durable build rather than a glass cannon. While I know the support hunter is good for teams that are coordinated and have seen through the TGN guys, it just isn't viable at all for random play. It feels like in order to do anything I need to be with someone because my damage is so low. The stats that are required just aren't available in sPvP because of the stats only being on accessories.

I tried a vitality pet build but that requires so much to even make it worthwhile that I have to go back to glass cannon. Idea of the build turns %vitality into power which is reflected in the pets.

Am I just completely terrible? Is this a problem for other classes?

Note: I'm trying to make a build good for solo "Play Now!" sPvP that is defensive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ouch, sPvP is bad for being support, the only reason i say this is because it's not like in WoW where you can carry the bad players and are 100% essential, and because of this you tend to get left behind, or you wont be able to keep a glass cannon alive etc.

That being said in actual PvP when you have a compitent team ANY build that is viable overall is viable in PvP, and that's one of the main reasons i love it so much!!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    That being said in actual PvP when you have a compitent team ANY build that is viable overall is viable in PvP, and that's one of the main reasons i love it so much!!
    I've been finding that all too much now. I have been running with more teams and have been having much more success and fun. I am one of the few hunters that actually plays with a 1h sword and it is perfectly okay on a team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuckerpooks View Post
    I've been finding that all too much now. I have been running with more teams and have been having much more success and fun. I am one of the few hunters that actually plays with a 1h sword and it is perfectly okay on a team.
    lol i run around using the 4 main things that the Ranger Forums say are broken and need to be fixed because they're "underpowered", which are spirits, great sword, longbow, and my pet, i just wreck people when i'm with a team i amplify the effectiveness of everyone through my spirits, it's just awesome =D
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    Atm there are 2 choices: bunker or glass.
    Since rangers cant really be efficient bunkers I would say glass yourself.
    But there is a new patch tonight, and who knows... things hopefully might change =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Atm there are 2 choices: bunker or glass.
    Since rangers cant really be efficient bunkers I would say glass yourself.
    But there is a new patch tonight, and who knows... things hopefully might change =)
    And this is why people think rangers broken despite the fact they're wrong...