Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jfuze View Post
    Same thing for me. Havent played in over a year and the dailies are killing me. I cant get good jewelcrafting or enchanting recipes without doing a HARDCORE amount of dailies. Not sure I want to play anymore if its going to be like this.
    The only JC recipes that are locked behind dailies are for the mounts. The irony in this is that you had to do a "hardcore amount of dailies" to get JC recipes in Cata. You don't have to anymore.

As for Enchanting, yes, but if you want them then do the work for them. Otherwise you can buy them off the AH

Quote Originally Posted by OrcD3vil View Post
    The whole fact of the matter if you want to be a raider you have to do a list of things.

#1 Race to max level
    #2 Run as many dailies you can to get your rep up to Rev/Exhalted with ALL Factions as fast as possible for 489 gear
    #3 Run as many Heroics as you can to replace your Questing gear
    #4 To get to Heroics most people buy PVP gear to reach the ilvl required.
    #5 Run every single LFR possible 1 time a week to get out of PVP/Heroic gear to actually do better in Raids.
    #6 Kill Sha/Galleon atleast once a week for a chance at loot.

Yes I do understand these are all OPTIONAL but if you want to be in a good raiding guild/group where you actually progress you are forced to do almost every single one of those things. NOT only did they cut down on the JP/VP we get from dungeons so if we didn't want to do dailies they took away our tabards!!! WHICH was the other way we got away from doing all the dailies!!! Run tons of dungeons get your JP/VP to buy the gear you needed and to help offset the slow pace of VP we used Rep Gear to Fill in the ilvl gap between JP/VP gear. Then we also had to pray to RNG god for LFR gear to replace the JP/Rep Gear. Go back to the way WOLTK/Cata was with LFR Loot, Tabards, VP requirements.. I'm sorry but they are destroying the game slowly. Yes I do know people will not agree with me, some will but this is my opinion and you can't tell me I'm wrong because its my opinion not yours. I spend 2 hours each day doing ALL the dailies I can, Klaxxi, Golden Lotus, August Celestial, Shado-Pan, Anglers, Tillers, Order of the Cloud Serpant, Argent Tournament, Cooking Dailies, and then its like there is no way in hell I'm wanting to do a single dungeon, or LFR. Hell after doing those 2 hours a day I don't even want to be ingame anymore! Not to mention how they screwed up Professions.
    For your list, the order for any true professional should read something like:
    1. Reach max level.
    2. Kill Sha of Anger for epic boots.
    3. Buy full set of Contender PvP gear to replace slots w questing gear(1-3k at most), Buy BOE ilvl450 jewelry and ilvl458 JP cloak, Run AoA Scenario for a ilvl450 weapon (Or buy other BOE Rares/Epics, DMF trinkets if you're rich. These items I chose to list are very inexpensive)
    4. Run heroic modes w Panda Tabard on to get Exalted with new Panda faction (Dragonturtles) until you have high enough ilvl to queue LFR.
    5. Run LFR.
    5. Raid normal modes raids.
    5. Once you get higher ilvl -> Run higher LFRs.
    5. Do Golden Lotus/Klaxxi dailies to increase reputation. If Revered, switch to August Celestials/Shado-Pan.
    6. If unlucky in raid drops, after two-three weeks: Buy a piece of valor gear. (Costs 1250 or 2250 points).

This is about as effective as you can get. You can do complete steps 1-5 within the same day of hitting 90. You cannot earn the valor to buy a valor piece until the next day at the earliest (assuming you dinged on a Monday).

Still do not understand why you feel the need to do all dailies every day. Argent Tournament, Cooking Dailies are completely optional and your choice. We've established that Anglers, Tillers, and Cloud Serpent are optional. You've reached Revered with Golden Lotus already just to unlock Shado-Pan and August Celestials. The fact that you are still doing GL dailies is your own choice. As for Klaxxi, upon finishing Dread Wastes you are already at a substantial reputation. You get 9 quests a day, and you can farm the Dread Amber Shards in groups for very good results if you wish to grind out the rep. Reaching Revered might take a week or two of dailies, that is it. Upon finishing Townlong Steppes, you're already Honored with Shado-Pan, Revered within a week or two. You're likely to begin August Celestials at Neutral, so this is the one reputation that might take longest to reach Revered with.

Not to mention you can only earn 1000 VP a week. You can buy an item once every two or three weeks. You can cap Valor without doing a Normal raid or a single daily quest. Tell me again, why are you running 2 hours of dailies every single day?

Quote Originally Posted by elderamy View Post
    well I'm sure I was honored with shadow pan just by doing quests... don't really remember the rest
    are u a human? without being human i got to 5510/6k (that's inc sha's claw) without doing dailies

so don't do them for a few days, they are in no way required.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    You have several options besides dailies I personally don't do them anymore at all. Either don't do them and grind 5 mans for gear enough to get into lfr, or quit. You want to raid then you must do what it takes to be properly geared for them or you can not do them and suffer the consequences. No one is forcing you to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    so, 42 days of grinding daily quests....that are tedious and boring...that is a waste of time imo. I could do other things like say play call of duty blops 2, halo 4, darksiders 2, go outside, go to the gym etc etc and the funny part is everything i just mentioned is a LOT more fun than these dailys. I refuse to do them on my alts even with the rep buff in 5.1. I absolutely loathe this system in mop and amazingly it is the only thing i hate about the expansion. It needs to be fixed and fixed asap, I understand they want to bring people out to the world, but daily quest grind should not be the way they do it. Once everyone is exalted this will just turn into a hang in whichever shrine you belong to and que for everything anyways.
    You mention grinding dailies is a waste of time, but then go on to list that you could be doing other things like playing Call of Duty, Halo 4 etc. Other video games to be more specific. Aren't they considered a waste of time as well then? Doesn't make a lot of sense. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    are u a human? without being human i got to 5510/6k (that's inc sha's claw) without doing dailies
    yeah I am, forgot about that...

Imagine the horror of having to grind reps in BC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    You DO NOT need them
    tell that to a raid guild that's actually doing something

tell us how surprised you are when your raid spot is up for grabs because you're dead weight

But if you are in some normal mode raiding guild, not a huge deal. you are, of course, essentially just being lazy (or allocating your time poorly) by not doing them, but I don't even care right now. I just do them every other day.

Another piece of gear isn't going to increase attendance and punctuality or decrease my latency so I am not one shot by rings as soon as they come out when I am clearly 15 yards away from the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by jfuze View Post
    Same thing for me. Havent played in over a year and the dailies are killing me. I cant get good jewelcrafting or enchanting recipes without doing a HARDCORE amount of dailies. Not sure I want to play anymore if its going to be like this.
    5-6 days of 5 dailies is too much for you to get JC recipies? You do know that the only JC recipies are for the mounts right? Do you even have 20,000 gold to spend on one mat at a vendor to make the mount? You don't get regular JC recipies through rep, just these voltron mounts.

Enchanting recipies? Yeah those are better and more useful but only require 4-5 quests a day and take about 10 minutes including flight time to complete solo. You will have to do this for a whole 12-14 days, which to a kid seems like eternity I guess. I'm really sorry we can't just mail you everything you want without any effort.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    If only there was some way you could NOT do the optional daily quest content! Like perhaps getting your gear through one of the other avenues Blizzard implemented such as dungeons, pvp or raids. Its almost as if the intention was to give gear options OUTSIDE of those three normal methods.

haha....sadly, most will not see your reply for the truth it is.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Imagine the horror of having to grind reps in BC.
    I've done that in bc that's why i don't mind the rep grind now

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    tell that to a raid guild that's actually doing something

tell us how surprised you are when your raid spot is up for grabs because you're dead weight

But if you are in some normal mode raiding guild, not a huge deal. you are, of course, essentially just being lazy (or allocating your time poorly) by not doing them, but I don't even care right now. I just do them every other day.

Another piece of gear isn't going to increase attendance and punctuality or decrease my latency so I am not one shot by rings as soon as they come out when I am clearly 15 yards away from the boss.
    Raid guilds that are actually doing something were doing that something before anyone could get exalted with a faction and buy copious amounts of valor gear. If you are dead wieght in your guild its not because you don't have daily gear its because you didn't go that extra mile to get that crutch gear you 'have' to have to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Critcross View Post
    Having not played WoW for about 9 months i decided to come back to MoP. This expansion is killing me the daily quests for rep grind is ridiculous to me what is the reason for this much dailies and how do you think this is fun. In my guild not sure about everyone elses it makes for a rather dull environment as everyone comes on at different times its hard to wait and group up for these dailies as everyone is just trying to get these done. This can take about 2 hours maybe more to complete. In the past you did a few dailies which were quick then you could run a few dungeons with guildmates and thats good because if you dont raid this was the only way to get to know one another and earn respect or build relationships. Now its just a pure grind and yes i have read its your choice to do this and all but I call BS because you have tied rep to gear so yea it sucks. Again....what was the intention and how can anyone consider this to be good for the game.
    intentions?

The official: to encourage you to go out in the world and give you something fun to do.

The real reason: to delay the gearing process as much as possible so you keep subscribed for more time so they can make more money.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Raid guilds that are actually doing something were doing that something before anyone could get exalted with a faction and buy copious amounts of valor gear. If you are dead wieght in your guild its not because you don't have daily gear its because you didn't go that extra mile to get that crutch gear you 'have' to have to succeed.
    QFT. If valor gear is the only reason you can perform well in raids, then you probably should have been cut a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    So I take it you'll be doing Heroic Terrace next week?

don't talk the talk if you can't walk the walk

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zpsla2983 View Post
    intentions?

The official: to encourage you to go out in the world and give you something fun to do.

The real reason: to delay the gearing process as much as possible so you keep subscribed for more time so they can make more money.
    I don't often LOL but when I do its at people who act like this is some dirty secret that Blizzard is trying to keep from the 'sheep'.

baring in mind that i think the golden lotus dailies are mindnubing?
    I've done that in bc that's why i don't mind the rep grind now
    Not really sure which message you are trying to convey. Either you don't mind the rep grind, or you think they are "mindnumbing".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anotherkeith View Post
    I don't really mind dailies all that much on one character. It takes a little over an hour to do Anglers, Tillers, Golden Lotus, Cloud Serpent, Shado Pan, and August Celestials on one character and thats not really that bad.
    But here is the rub...multiply that by SIX!

Doing dailies on six characters that is over six hours of game time just doing dailies. I don't have six hours of my day to devote to this game each day. Not to mention four other characters that are still stuck at level 85 cause I just do not have the time to level them up.
    But you see the issue here...that is YOUR choice to do them on 6 characters. Cataclysm was too alt-friendly and screwed over people who only played one character as you ran out of things to do quickly. Ghostcrawler has already released their view on this and they are going this way: Valor gains are already 150% once you hit cap on one character, reputation will be 200% once you hit revered.

If you want the rewards associated with reputation, then that is what you'll have to do. As much as people want to blame their compulsiveness/inability to adapt on Blizzard, these decisions fall on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    So I take it you'll be doing Heroic Terrace next week?

don't talk the talk if you can't walk the walk

thanks
    So since I won't be doing heroic terrace next week means that that I am completely wrong that guilds that are 'actually doing stuff' were doing it before anyone could get exalted with any faction? If you are doing heroic Terrace next week then you are just proving my point, if you are required BY YOUR GUILD to do all the dailies to stay cutting edge then you have two options, do what your guild requires or find another guild. Either way its on you and your guild, not Blizzard. The reason why cutting edge guilds are cutting edge is because they will do what ever it takes to gear up and it has nothing to do with what blizzard 'forces' you to do. If your guild demands you slip into an elephants butt and force yourself out in a regurgation then you can't blame Blizzard for supplying the elephant.