Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I hated the dailies too, but once I got all the enchants I wanted: guess what? I stopped! Its not mandatory. If gear is an obstacle for you in raiding, the tiny improvement between 463 and 489 pants is not going to make you dps jesus, don't even pretend that's true. If blue pants are getting you sat in raids, put in the effort your guildmates are putting in to do this extra stuff instead of demanding something be done because you don't want to go the extra mile.

Quote Originally Posted by OrcD3vil View Post
    It's people like you that really get my goat!

Ok are they optional? Yes/No

Yes they are because you are not required to do them at all. Then again your not required to do anything you can create a toon and do nothing. Pay for the game for 8 years and still be level one and only log in to talk to other people! That kind of narrow minded is what has brought this game to the decaying state that its in.

No, I would say a lot of people do not think they are optional. I've been playing since WoLTK and there was no "VP Gear you had to have Rep with". VP gear was PURCHASED THROUGH VALOR POINTS!!!". There was Rep gear that you could get to get you into Heroics/Raids faster that you bought with GOLD once you reached a certain reputation status with a faction. They removed the head enchants through rep which I actually agreed with and liked to be honest.

The whole fact of the matter if you want to be a raider you have to do a list of things.

#1 Race to max level
    #2 Run as many dailies you can to get your rep up to Rev/Exhalted with ALL Factions as fast as possible for 489 gear
    #3 Run as many Heroics as you can to replace your Questing gear
    #4 To get to Heroics most people buy PVP gear to reach the ilvl required.
    #5 Run every single LFR possible 1 time a week to get out of PVP/Heroic gear to actually do better in Raids.
    #6 Kill Sha/Galleon atleast once a week for a chance at loot.

Yes I do understand these are all OPTIONAL but if you want to be in a good raiding guild/group where you actually progress you are forced to do almost every single one of those things. NOT only did they cut down on the JP/VP we get from dungeons so if we didn't want to do dailies they took away our tabards!!! WHICH was the other way we got away from doing all the dailies!!! Run tons of dungeons get your JP/VP to buy the gear you needed and to help offset the slow pace of VP we used Rep Gear to Fill in the ilvl gap between JP/VP gear. Then we also had to pray to RNG god for LFR gear to replace the JP/Rep Gear. Go back to the way WOLTK/Cata was with LFR Loot, Tabards, VP requirements.. I'm sorry but they are destroying the game slowly. Yes I do know people will not agree with me, some will but this is my opinion and you can't tell me I'm wrong because its my opinion not yours. I spend 2 hours each day doing ALL the dailies I can, Klaxxi, Golden Lotus, August Celestial, Shado-Pan, Anglers, Tillers, Order of the Cloud Serpant, Argent Tournament, Cooking Dailies, and then its like there is no way in hell I'm wanting to do a single dungeon, or LFR. Hell after doing those 2 hours a day I don't even want to be ingame anymore! Not to mention how they screwed up Professions.
    Being in a high end raiding guild is a CHOICE. By CHOOSING to be in a guild where such measures are required by the guild, you agree to meet those requirements because that is the playstyle you wish to pursue. Nobody is making you, and the content itself certainly does not require such measures. MSV normal was cleared by people who, at most, had 1 piece of valor gear. Heroic was cleared by people with no more than 2. In fact, even now the most you could possibly have as of this week is 5 valor pieces, and that is assuming you are buying the cheapest items first and saving the expensive ones for later. And 4 of those pieces only require honored, which you could have easily hit by now doing only half the dailies of any faction every other day.

Golden Lotus to Revered takes 15 sets of dailies to get to Revered and unlock Shado-Pan and August Celestials. August Celestials takes 5 sets to reach Honored. Shado-Pan takes one set assuming you do all the quests in Townlong Steppes. The Klaxxi start at Honored if you complete all the quests in Dread Wastes. Grats, in 20 days worth of dailies, of which you would only HAVE to do 10 quests every day at most, and you now have access to more valor gear than you have the ability to purchase. If you wanted to go the extra mile and do the Klaxxi dailies until Revered as well, you would have been doing 17 quests at most. Then you would have access, right now, to enough valor gear that it would be another 6 weeks before you could purchase all of it. That is further assuming that you do not get any raid drops in the mean time, as the gear from MSV is equal to Valor gear, and gear from HoF and TES are better than Valor gear. LFR gear is only 6 iLvls lower, at which point the difference in stats between Valor gear and LFR gear is insignificant even if executing each fight more perfectly than any human is capable of.

So explain again how such gear, or the onerous daily grind taking weeks and weeks of time so that you can get it done as fast as humanly possible, is "required"?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    If your guild demands you slip into an elephants butt and force yourself out in a regurgation then you can't blame Blizzard for supplying the elephant.
    Thats..amazing. I think I have a new quote for my signature.
    Last edited by Gurbz; 2012-11-15 at 09:08 PM.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

People in cutting edge guilds are always bitching that they want more gating and to make it harder on the non-elite to do the content but good god if they have to do something they don't like to jump that gate themselves, look out!

Much like the OP I came back to WoW after a long time (over a year) and was excited for MoP. The leveling experience was imo the best out of any expansion and the story has been great. But after 3 weeks of grinding dailies I've hit a wall. I simply have 0 interest in doing anymore dailies of any kind. The main reason I left Cata was the Firelands dailies, I HATED them. It really sucks that Blizzard has made dailies such an integral part of their end game design. It's so damn tedious and boring and quite honestly feels more like work than a game.

Quote Originally Posted by GnomercyBeastmaster View Post
    Not really sure which message you are trying to convey. Either you don't mind the rep grind, or you think they are "mindnumbing".
    its mind numbing to me because I'm restricted to the same area of dailies every day for the 1st set if all sets were randomized i would have a issue that's what i was trying to get across, the rep grind doesn't bother me its the fact that when I do the golden lotus dailies i am ALWAYS sent to the golden stairs 1st, I'd be completely happy if they randomized the location of the 1st set like the do with the location of the other 2 sets
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2012-11-15 at 09:12 PM.

Just got my third character to 470, not a single daily done on him and I most likely never will do dailies on him (only situation I see myself doing dailies on him is if I finish on my other toons and get bored and feel like doing some dailies on a character that isn't exalted / revered with every useful faction).

The importance of these dailies is dramatically overstated. Most people I know don't do them and they still raid regularly.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 09:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shiestykat View Post
    Much like the OP I came back to WoW after a long time (over a year) and was excited for MoP. The leveling experience was imo the best out of any expansion and the story has been great. But after 3 weeks of grinding dailies I've hit a wall. I simply have 0 interest in doing anymore dailies of any kind. The main reason I left Cata was the Firelands dailies, I HATED them. It really sucks that Blizzard has made dailies such an integral part of their end game design. It's so damn tedious and boring and quite honestly feels more like work than a game.
    Then don't do them. Pretty simple solution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    So since I won't be doing heroic terrace next week means that that I am completely wrong
    Do you really, honestly think that every guild that did Heroic Progression is vodka, paragon or blood legion, who clear the content so fast that they can't even acquire the equipment? That there aren't other guilds who are not as good as the aforementioned, where strategies would probably help more than equipment, but would still help significantly? Some guilds only just cleared Heroic Will of the Emperor a few weeks ago.

When you gear up, content becomes easier. When the raid gears up, it becomes stronger. You are not part of a team if you are not doing your part to make sure you are contributing to it in more than just showing up on time on every raid day and pushing acceptable performance.

But it's not about whose fault it is. It's that it's there and takes up a substantial amount of time you could spend doing something else that is (probably) more enjoyable.

As far as it affecting the social aspect… It has had zero impact on my guild relations. Only having to listen to the occasional whine about dailies in guild chat. Not even seen a mention or whimper about dailies outside of that on my server at all.

The same people are rushing to these threads trying to convince people that don't mind doing dailies to rally to their cause and force Blizz to change. I got revered on the ones that matter doing dailies during TV commercials half of the time. The other half grouped. I have done the cloud serpent maybe twice ever.

Even worse, they will then say the Blizz is now "reacting" and making changes. Anything coming in 5.1 regarding progression was planned; bug fixes and imbalances are another story.

Just like Cata reps were forgotten (for gear anyway) before Firelands, as each LFR section becomes unlocked so will these. No expansion had LFR from the start and thus this change. This was a progression path for players who were:
    a) not skilled enough to complete normal raids as they are released, which is BY FAR the majority.
    b) playing WOW for other reasons than raiding.

Cata release = no LFR. Thus the rep upgrades went from +13 to +26 ilvls from heroic dungeons to rep reward.
    Don't even mention the charms. You are not going to just get an extra roll chance for doing nothing. LOL. If you are "unlucky" with drops, welcome to the entire first half of WOW's history.

So when the complainers finally get off the “forced” statements. They then come back to reality and say “You just don’t get it do you? I don’t like doing dailies” well….. OK. Can’t help you there. As long as you don’t feel forced you can have any opinion you want and make your choices accordingly. You can also get off the “any serious raider will do whatever to maximize… blah blah blah” and? They always have. But that percentage of players may not even cover their costs much less make a profit. Now to say “to raid” you have to do them is applying your experiences with all wow players.

EDIT: looks like gurbz hit on my point as well before my post. /cheers
    All you have to do is go look up early normal MSV logs just on your server and the dates. Pretty much proof right there that there was not enough time to even get lots of valor gear to raid. If your raid leader is telling you have to do them, that's on your raid team. YOUR raid team doesn't have to kill bosses quickly do they? Oh they do??? oh, OK, cool. You are choosing to be competitive at a game. Blizz has put a roadblock for achieving a goal YOU SET. So they are basically telling you no longer can you overpower our content as quickly and fall line in the real pecking order of guilds on your server.
    Last edited by mindbomb; 2012-11-15 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    Do you really, honestly think that every guild that did Heroic Progression is vodka, paragon or blood legion, who clear the content so fast that they can't even acquire the equipment? That there aren't other guilds who are not as good as the aforementioned, where strategies would probably help more than equipment, but would still help significantly? Some guilds only just cleared Heroic Will of the Emperor a few weeks ago.

When you gear up, content becomes easier. When the raid gears up, it becomes stronger. You are not part of a team if you are not doing your part to make sure you are contributing to it in more than just showing up on time on every raid day and pushing acceptable performance.

But it's not about whose fault it is. It's that it's there and takes up a substantial amount of time you could spend doing something else that is (probably) more enjoyable.
    That's all well and good but why aren't you revered with all the factions that give valor rewards by now? I was over a month ago and I didn't even do them every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LuminousAether View Post
    That's all well and good but why aren't you revered with all the factions that give valor rewards by now? I was over a month ago and I didn't even do them every day.
    I am.

But I wouldn't blame anyone who didn't want to be.

I am.

I would say that if you are not by now, then you were never the kind of person that was interested in raiding in a guild progressing into heroic content this early into the expansion and that you have no room to complain because daily quests are completely optional. I just hit 90 on this guy on Saturday:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Fuligin/simple

Already 470, already able to queue up for anything I want. Even if I had been doing dailies, I wouldn't have had enough valor to spend on gear more than what I have already purchased (the necklace from Klaxxi). I have not done a single daily quest on him and I will not be doing daily quests on him. COMPLETELY optional. NO reason to complain.

I am.

So your guild required (forced) you to do the dailies and you did them even though you hated it. Could you point to the spot on the daily dolly where blizzard gave you the bad touch?

I would say that if you are not by now, then you were never the kind of person that was interested in raiding in a guild progressing into heroic content this early into the expansion and that you have no room to complain because daily quests are completely optional. I just hit 90 on this guy on Saturday:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Fuligin/simple

Already 470, already able to queue up for anything I want. Even if I had been doing dailies, I wouldn't have had enough valor to spend on gear more than what I have already purchased (the necklace from Klaxxi). I have not done a single daily quest on him and I will not be doing daily quests on him. COMPLETELY optional. NO reason to complain.
    I'm only Revered with..Golden Lotus I think.

I'm too lazy to do the rest of my dailies anymore.

And that's perfectly fine.

I get my gear from Raiding..so..

Yeah.

Still not seeing the point of everyone bitching about Dailies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Just got my third character to 470, not a single daily done on him and I most likely never will do dailies on him (only situation I see myself doing dailies on him is if I finish on my other toons and get bored and feel like doing some dailies on a character that isn't exalted / revered with every useful faction).

The importance of these dailies is dramatically overstated. Most people I know don't do them and they still raid regularly.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 09:10 PM ----------

Then don't do them. Pretty simple solution.
    I'm not but that's doesn't solve anything. I have 1 other 90 and 2 others rapidly approaching and all will need to do some form of the dailies at some point, especially for the recipes.

Blizzard please just bring back the tabards, add more heroics and raids and do away with dailies forever.

Just wanted to point one of examples of too much shameless lie from defenders of current system. So over 1 month ago, as in before 15th of October? That's 2.5-3 weeks since MoP launch? So did you exploit rare mob and/or CRZ to get, say, Celestials to revered, if you didn't even do daily quests every day (and you had to ding lv90 on 1st/2nd of MoP release for that to be even remotely believable)? And what connection does this your phrase have with what you quoted?
    Last edited by Ferocity; 2012-11-15 at 09:26 PM.

So let me get this straight. Everything in the game should be doable in a few hours a week. You got heroic raiding dumbed down to child's play in Dragon Soul, you didn't have to do a single daily to get everything in the game done. Gear is thrown at people through the raid finder. Why do you HAVE to do the dailys if you're not a hardcore raider? No one is forcing you.

I'm hell glad there's content for us who actually spend a bit more time in the game again. Don't come and take it away from us! Don't do them if you don't want to, solved. Don't tell me to do achievements, they give me nothing in-game. No access to better raiding gear and not even gold.

You didn't need to do any sort of exploit to level AC at a higher rate. Red crane was available every day until a Blizz fix.

That seems way overblown when talking about 3-5 pieces of gear, especially when the difference between the iLvl of gear available through alternate means (some RNG based, and some not) is statistically insignificant. When I already have 12k+ in my primary stat, how much is 30-60 more REALLY gonna help me. Thats less than a gem or enchant in most cases.

And once again, when you choose to join a guild pushing that kind of progression, you are also agreeing to do whatever is necessary to perform at the level the guild requires, which has always included things that most people would find madness inducing. If you are unwilling to make such a commitment, don't join a guild that requires it of you.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Guys, my brother gives me a penny every day if I stab myself in the face with a fork. It's very painful, and a major cause of stress. I can't stop stabbing myself in the face, though, because there are no other ways to earn money. Why does the world work this way?
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Away for 9 months and you came back to bitch haha thread of the day
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!