Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    The games were Jade Empire, Deus Ex: HR (which I actually fixed on my own), Dark Souls, and Fallout 3. Windows 7 64-bit. I realize some of these are older games and I definitely should have read through the forums to find out any issues before purchase, but the fact that they sell products that don't work and refuse to actually fix it is atrocious.
    Ohhai, I didn't stop yet. Strange. I don't have Jade Empire so can't say anything on that. But the others haven't given me trouble, well Fallout 3 did few times but it was because of mods. Running Windows 7 64-bit too. Not saying the problem isn't Steam but I don't think I've heard many complaints about those games either. Then again I haven't searched for them either.

Quote Originally Posted by Killmaim Deathbringer View Post
    I honestly don't see why people use Origin when Steam has a massive catalogue of games, but It's better to warn those who aren't aware and do use origin.

And in all honesty, anything that makes EA lose money is good thing.
    Steam doesn't have all games, Mass Effect for instance is origin exclusive.

Yours aren't anecdotal?

who makes those into screenshots? people that want to complain or people that are satisfied?
    I admire people who love a challenge, but if you're really in here trying to defend EA/Origin, you've got your work cut out for ya!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    The point of Steam is to sell, not control the developers. Valve doesn't know there was bugs until game release and was sold. Valve has no control over the game, period.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 01:46 PM ----------

Provide proof to other's, there already were screenshots of other's.
    If they get overwhelming responses saying a game doesn't work, that should be sufficient evidence suggesting the game is faulty/doesnt work and they should pull it.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...play.php?f=472
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...play.php?f=153
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...play.php?f=233

let me know how many "game doesn't work" threads you see..you'll be here until tomorrow. The suggested fixes do not work FYI.
    Last edited by Varyk; 2012-11-15 at 09:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im sorry but how come there are so many mods in this thread who keep derailing it? I mean mod who answers one off-topic question is nothing strange, but several who just keeps on derailing a thread is kinda silly

Or do you just love steam that much that no one is allowed to say anything bad about it

Deleted

I don't see anything that highlights the opposite of what I described. Disconnects happen, it could be from either side. There are always going to be problems. I have 10+ emails from myself from steam getting the EXACT same response 3 times in a row. Me giving my personal positive experience isn't invalidated by your links. I use both, Steam has been significantly worse.[/QUOTE]

I've never even had to mail steam before. the only problems I've had is with windows live in steam games (not a part of steam).

Origin, however, I've had a friend ask me to mail them because his BF3 wasn't working (and my English is better). I've mailed them several times (6-7 times?) on different addresses and NEVER got a response. The guy paid 60€ for a DVD, a manual and a DVD case, just because he couldn't activate the game in origin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    I admire people who love a challenge, but if you're really in here trying to defend EA/Origin, you've got your work cut out for ya!
    I'm not even trying to defend EA really, I use steam way more than Origin. (only for mass effect really) Steam Customer Service is just garbage tho. I can say I don't like Whoppers....people responding with "Big Macs have way more fat in them" doesn't mean anything. That's really what we're talking about here. I'll say it again, this is my own personal experience, but I've played enough video games to know when something is right and when it's not.
    Last edited by Varyk; 2012-11-15 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/17460/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/24980/

Once all the DLC for ME3 has been released, there'll be a complete edition on Steam, mark my words. Happened with Crysis 2 Maximum Edition.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they get overwhelming responses saying a game doesn't work, that should be sufficient evidence suggesting the game is faulty/doesnt work and they should pull it.

let me know how many "game doesn't work" threads you see..you'll be here until tomorrow.
    Once again, those are the developer's fault.
    They can't pull it without the permission of the developers. It is a signed contract. Only the developers can tell them to pull it off, similarly to how EA pulled Dragon Age 2 off Steam. It is how it is.

If the developers don't want Steam to set a sale to it, Valve will oblige to it, many Indie companies get this kind of benefit. Valve does advisory for the Indie companies as to the pricing and then the Indie company either obliges or negotiates or whatever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Just a note, hacked does not mean a database breach.
    Of course. However, we don't say Battle.net has been hacked when a ton of people lose their accounts after using that same password on multiple other sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/17460/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/24980/

Once all the DLC for ME3 has been released, there'll be a complete edition on Steam, mark my words. Happened with Crysis 2 Maximum Edition.
    I'd be surprised. C2 was removed from Steam because of Valve changing how they wanted updates for games delivered. It only made it back because Crytek (not owned by EA, though EA does own BioWare) managed to make the changes at a later date.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    Im sorry but how come there are so many mods in this thread who keep derailing it? I mean mod who answers one off-topic question is nothing strange, but several who just keeps on derailing a thread is kinda silly

Or do you just love steam that much that no one is allowed to say anything bad about it
    At least the thread is bumped so people will see it and change their passwords, even if Origin wasn't really hacked it wont hurt .

I have to admit, the customer service from EA isn't all that bad. I had issues with the PC version of BF3. I spoke with different EA representatives who all tried to identify what issues I was having. In the end, it turned out my Videocards were not working properly, and I had to send them back for a warranty replacement.

People complain, but a lot of it is really unjustified.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    How are any of those Steam or Valve's fault? Like the others said, Steam/Valve don't control those developers.
    I don't care who's "fault" it is, that's completely irrelevant, if a game doesn't work it doesn't work.

Deleted
    I don't care who's "fault" it is, that's completely irrelevant, if a game doesn't work it doesn't work.
    Nothing to see here.
    It's like seeing all the "Dear Blizzard" threads on these forums.

Deleted

I don't see anything that highlights the opposite of what I described. Disconnects happen, it could be from either side. There are always going to be problems. I have 10+ emails from myself from steam getting the EXACT same response 3 times in a row. Me giving my personal positive experience isn't invalidated by your links. I use both, Steam has been significantly worse.[/QUOTE]

Screenshot or didn't happen. I and countless off others that I know have +100 games and steam and they all work. And when a game didn't work it was the publishers fault (Call of Juarez, I'm looking at you) because they have an external launch client above steam. Same goes for Ubisoft with their shit Assassins Creed launchers...

Every company has their faults, but its obvious when 1 is complete shit. And Origins is in fact complete shit...pretty sure 80% off their client users have it for Battlefield or Sims.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    I have both Mass Effect 1 and 2 on stuff. So no they are not Origin exclusive. Mass effect 3 is a different story.
    Last edited by mmoc6f961e454e; 2012-11-15 at 10:02 PM.

let me know how many "game doesn't work" threads you see..you'll be here until tomorrow. The suggested fixes do not work FYI.
    Bull. Shit. No they should not pull the game, especially when there are methods available to work around the vast majority of problems encountered. I have all of the games you listed except Dark Souls and they work fine. Fallout 3 had some instability issues but ini tweaks and audio encoder changes fixed the vast majority of that. Never had any issue with Deus Ex or Jade Empire.

If the game is unquestionably broken and unable to be fixed, yes, but none of the games you listed are that way considering there are plenty of people who play them without issue.

I'm not going to argue you about their customer support, but in no way should they be pulling those games you listed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok. So you're just blaming Steam/Valve for no reason at all.
    I guess I can't be offended that a company sells nonrefundable content that doesn't work.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 10:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Nothing to see here.
    It's like seeing all the "Dear Blizzard" threads on these forums.
    Yea, how dare I not agree with someone selling shit that doesn't work.

Deleted
    I've purchased 4 games from Steam that didn't work at all. This has never happened on Origin. Origin actually has customer service where you don't get an awful generated response and you can actually TALK to someone. Steam is the walmart of video games. It has everything, even sales, but I'd rather go to Target.
    HAh, you're probably working on EA. They have by no doubt the worst support ever, if your Origin account gets hacked don't ever expect to get it back.

This is excellent evidence. The one about FIFA was a funny one :> and of course the last one with BF3 unlocks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate origin >.< i accidentally miss spelled my mass effect folder when i initially installed it...when i corrected it origin no longer recognized mass effect as being installed so i had to reinstall the entire thing again -.-

Same thing with wanting to move a game from a ssd to hd or vice versa

then their is multiple problems with installing it , or running it and it coming with tons of errors such as not having admin rights even though uac is disabled or the .exe file randomly vanishing -.-
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2012-11-15 at 10:05 PM.