Page 22 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    the american tax payer spends more on israelis military than israelis do. given that America has serious economic issues of its own youd think they may want to reappraise that.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Madkitty, those supporting Hamas and Hezbollah will gloss over all of what you posted, because Israel is evil and must be pushed back. Their idea of a 2 state solution is the states of Palestine and the state of Israel being 'wiped off the map'
    I'm all for Israel being wiped off the map.
    And Palestine.

The two have been at it like giant toddlers. At the moment, I'd say that Israel should be better, treat the Palestinians better, but both parties are to blame, and both parties refuse to relent.
    I say: If you can't play nicely, go away. There's some Nigerian farmers with really awesome ideas on how to turn deserts into fertile lands. If it were up to me: Chase all war-traditionalist out, and give the land to those farmers for innovation that will help the entire world.

They had their chance. They screwed up big time. Time to intervene, and pull the plug.

Deleted
    Lost all respect for Israel when I was watching a news reporter during the ceasefire.

She was blown the sh*t by a bombing run, while there was supposed to be no attacks what-so-ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Haaretz is NOT a pro Israel source. It is a communist-leftist paper. These guys hate themselves and their own country. In fact, their sole mission is to try and fight Israel as we know it, in any way possible, much like the Arabs do but for different reasons.

If anything, Haaretz is pro-arab. I really don't understand why Mercadi didn't tell you so. It's like you are trying to present PRAVDA as a pro-American source.

In fact, if Haaretz said it, then it's most probably NOT the case. This is what experience taught me, as the people at Haaretz typically exaggerate or twist and bend news stories to fit their communist/leftist outlook.

EDIT: If you wanted to read a well-respected and unbiased newspaper, try Jerusalem Post.
    Then I am really sorry that I assumed it as pro-Israeli. I am unfamiliar with your news networks and name mislead me to believe that it is a pro-Israeli source.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 05:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Liara View Post
    He said in academia. Academics don't decide if Israel receives support from the US, fortunately.
    No one really decides because the only two choices that Americans have regarding that matter are pro-Israel and pro-Israel+1.

Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    No one really decides because the only two choices that Americans have regarding that matter are pro-Israel and pro-Israel+1.
    Well, you're kind of right, even though Obama has been less than friendly towards Israel at certain times (though not necessarily without reason).

In other news, for the first time in 20 years, rockets have been fired into Tel-Aviv. Things are escalating, and I have a feeling that unless something drastic happens, shit's going to hit the fan.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, you're kind of right, even though Obama has been less than friendly towards Israel at certain times (though not necessarily without reason).

In other news, for the first time in 20 years, rockets have been fired into Tel-Aviv. Things are escalating, and I have a feeling that unless something drastic happens, shit's going to hit the fan.
    No, the only shit that will be hitting the fan will be the blood of tens of thousands of Palestinians. Israel's military might could destroy Iran, Syria, Lebanon, and Palestine within weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

10+ Year Old Account

I though that Israel said that this was a propaganda said by Hamas and nothing was actually fired into Tel-Aviv, did I hear wrong?

EDIT: nevermind it seems I've heard wrong just checked BBC.
    Last edited by N-7; 2012-11-15 at 05:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Israel has a much stronger military force than the rest of the region. War is not going to end well for any nation going against Israel.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 05:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    I though that Israel said that this was a propaganda said by Hamas and nothing was actually fired into Tel-Aviv, did I hear wrong?

you heard wrong. I have a friend in Tel-Aviv. 3 people currently dead due to rockets.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    No, the only shit that will be hitting the fan will be the blood of tens of thousands of Palestinians. Israel's military might could destroy Iran, Syria, Lebanon, and Palestine within weeks.
    Why?
    It's not like we'll be steamrolling Gaza now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    you heard wrong. I have a friend in Tel-Aviv. 3 people currently dead due to rockets.
    this is what made me think that http://rt.com/news/hamas-shelling-tel-aviv-729/ and apparently it was posted before the attack http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-20336811

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Israel has a much stronger military force than the rest of the region. War is not going to end well for any nation going against Israel.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 05:54 PM ----------

Important to note that the people were killed in Qiryat Malachi, and not in Tel Aviv.

But yes, it's real. And apparently it was launched the by Islamic Palestinian Jihad.
    Last edited by Liara; 2012-11-15 at 06:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valort View Post
    If, as our beloved Zhengfei loves to say, Israel were systematically killing all Palestinians, I do not think your cousin would be safe in the US or Europe either.
    You understand ethnic cleansing and genocide doesn't have to be active, right? Why do you twist words? The systematic destruction is cultural, moral and to do with starvation and privation. Not wading in rivers of blood.

It doesn't make it any better. It still makes the IDF and the Israeli government incredible sources of evil that should be removed from the world.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Why?
    It's not like we'll be steamrolling Gaza now.
    We are, since they asked for it by firing over 500 rockets over the past few days.
    IDF is recruiting 30 thousand reserve soldiers (Yours truly amongst them) to step into the fray and get us some silence.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 12:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    You understand ethnic cleansing and genocide doesn't have to be active, right? Why do you twist words? The systematic destruction is cultural, moral and to do with starvation and privation. Not wading in rivers of blood.

It doesn't make it any better. It still makes the IDF and the Israeli government incredible sources of evil that should be removed from the world.
    I think you and your lies are a source of stupidity and evil, and should be removed from the world. You know what the difference is? You're calling for genocide, I'm only calling for murder.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 12:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by janzeer View Post
    Stealing is your job, no need to ask us about it.
    Yes, but you could teach us loads about killing our own people.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    The assassination of jaabari was preemptive strike by Israel against the possibility of peace. The UN votes on creating a Palestinian state later this month and right now israel is expanding the oil and gas field 20km off the coast of gaza. Israel doesn't want peace.

Nir Hasson reporting for*Haaretz:

Hours before Hamas strongman Ahmed Jabari was assassinated, he received the draft of a permanent truce agreement with Israel, which included mechanisms for maintaining the cease-fire in the case of a flare-up between Israel and the factions in the Gaza Strip. This, according to Israeli peace activist Gershon Baskin, who helped mediate between Israel and Hamas in the deal to release Gilad Shalit and has since then maintained a relationship with Hamas leaders.

Baskin told Haaretz on Thursday that senior officials in Israel knew about his contacts with Hamas and Egyptian intelligence aimed at formulating the permanent truce, but nevertheless approved the assassination.

“I think that they have made a strategic mistake,” Baskin said, an error “which will cost the lives of quite a number of innocent people on both sides.”

Baskin accordingly offered a very grim picture of the near future for Gazans and Israelis*in the*Daily Beast’s “Open Zion”*today:

I can only imagine that the assassination of Jaabari has bought us the entry card to Cast Lead II. This time, the experts say, “Let’s finish them off. Let’s do the job that we didn’t do last time. Let’s do a regime change.” Well, I ask: what then? Do we really want to reoccupy Gaza, because that will be the consequence of a regime change. I don’t believe that Netanyahu wants re-occupation. So if that is not what he wants, he must be aware that, on the morning after, we will still be living next to Gaza, which still be run by Hamas. They are not going away and the people of Gaza are not going away.

The assassination of Jaabari was a pre-emptive strike against the possibility of a long term ceasefire. Netanyahu has acted with extreme irresponsibility. He has endangered the people of Israel and struck a real blow against the few important more pragmatic elements within Hamas. He has given another victory to those who seek our destruction, rather than strengthen those who are seeking to find a possibility to live side-by-side, not in peace, but in quiet.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    There this one thing is really brother me * why do help a country that kill christ and also hate non-jew * is just something that i must voice out and that i don't want to come off racist or anything but why in the world do we have to help or save the jewish/israeli people

They have done something in return for the US govt or the rest of the world ! even thought we done alot for them and then some !

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    That is the standard indiscriminating IDF response. Pretty racist attitude, as long as its not israeli children that dies "who cares".

Deleted
    * why do help a country that kill christ and also hate non-jew *
    Really, are we reduced to disliking a country over an argument about who killed who's imaginary friend over 2000 years ago?

I'd much prefer to dislike their stance on human life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    Really, are we reduced to disliking a country over an argument about who killed who's imaginary friend over 2000 years ago?

I'd much prefer to dislike their stance on human life.
    Jesus was not imaginary, he was real, Romans had records of him.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 11:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by WNYIRISHGUY View Post
    There this one thing is really brother me * why do help a country that kill christ and also hate non-jew * is just something that i must voice out and that i don't want to come off racist or anything but why in the world do we have to help or save the jewish/israeli people

They have done something in return for the US govt or the rest of the world ! even thought we done alot for them and then some !
    Offtrack, but your occupation is listed as "bumming the man", are you really a gay prostitute?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Jesus was not imaginary, he was real, Romans had records of him.[COLOR="red"]
    There's records of Harry Potter, if the earth is still intact in 1000 years I wonder if he will be considered real.