Pets & Garalon after fix.

Yeaaaah finally our pets will get dmf buff from Weak Points. Great for us. But I have one question. Do I have to be in "weak point zone" (around legs) in order to credit my pet this buff (ofc pet is in this zone)?

1. Hunter & pet inside zone - buff for both
    2. Hunter out & pet out - no one gets buff
    3. Hunter out & pet in - hunter without buff and pet with buff?

I don't have chance to check this in-game. But I hope someone will clarify my doubts.
    Last edited by dzidek; 2012-11-15 at 09:15 AM.

Deleted
    Even though im not hunter, i assume from the wording on the fix that in your 3rd example, pet gains it and you dont. Im not sure but would hope it would.work with guardians/whatever other pets like tote
    ms and such

Just killed Heroic Garalon today.

Everything is based on range. If you, Hunter, are in range of the leg you get the buff. If your pet is in range he gets the buff. Neither of you effect each other.

One thing to note is that the boss hit box is HUGE, and he moves around a lot (Rotating). So even though your pet will still be attacking the leg, he won't be in range to get the buff.... it's annoying.

Can confirm Option 3. Killed it last night and pet was critting 180k while I was outside

Deleted
    Not everything might ba all right. It appears that for your stampede pets to profit from the buff you need to have the buff yourself. Last night I used Stampede twice, once with and once without the buff. After the raid I checked the logs and their dmg was about 1,5 times the dmg they do on a normal fight. This is a very early theory and it needs some more testing! But just to give you guys a heads up and maybe find someone els who can confirm it.

How much does this change the fight, really, is my question? Our heroic strat has our ranged never even touching the legs so that the rogues can blade flurry off of it. If you're always on the body, your pet isn't getting the buff anyways.

I suppose it counts for the initial burn of the legs on the pull, though.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    How much does this change the fight, really, is my question? Our heroic strat has our ranged never even touching the legs so that the rogues can blade flurry off of it. If you're always on the body, your pet isn't getting the buff anyways.

Rogue damage(and others) was also nerfed(read fixed) for this encounter. Your raid strat may need to change to compensate for that damage loss. Here is the blue post on that:
    "•Several abilities that deal additional damage to a secondary target no longer improperly include bonus damage provided by Weak Point when determining the damage dealt to secondary targets."
    "Hunters view nature as a force with which to ally. They spend much of their time with an animal companion. The bond that forms between the two is rather strong. To attack either is to bring down the wrath of both. With powerful attacks in melee and at range, and a friend willing to put its life on the line at your command, the Hunter makes a potent addition to any group."

I must try this next week.. option three would be sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post

No reason to leave the legs for the rogues to cleave onto body now because their cleave hit on the body no longer gets the benefit off the leg buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    No reason to leave the legs for the rogues to cleave onto body now because their cleave hit on the body no longer gets the benefit off the leg buff.
    It's still free cleave whether it's 100% or 200% cleave, the legs will still die at the same speed only the boss will die a little slower.

Deleted
    All I did on Heroic was tunnel boss nearly 24/7 so doesn't really matter, but of course other guilds do things differently. I guess it does make me less shit on the fight though, so a nice buff still.