Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Just tried him on the PBE, definitely not what I was expecting for an "assassin" character. I'm really not sure what to do with him because his damage just seems to be lacking with his low survivability. Feels like his is supposed to be an assassin but doesn't quite fit so you build him bruiser. I did have terrible shadow use though so maybe once I nail that down he will get much better.

Though that is another thing I have to complain about. For a champ based around his shadow, it has a fairly long cooldown.
    http://postimage.org/image/glqgofyf9/
    If you felt his damage was lacking, you weren't positioning his shadows correctly to do damage. During team fights it's so simple to have them surrounded by your 3 shadows, and if they all hit their the same target(s), you regain energy. I'm pretty sure once people learn to use his shadows well, he'll be a ban in ranked cause of his insane kill potential, not just because people don't know how to counter him.
    EDIT - His shadow cooldown goes lower every time you hit your E skill (the spin), and it gets reduced even more if your shadow hits too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nachoman007 View Post
    http://postimage.org/image/glqgofyf9/
    If you felt his damage was lacking, you weren't positioning his shadows correctly to do damage. During team fights it's so simple to have them surrounded by your 3 shadows, and if they all hit their the same target(s), you regain energy. I'm pretty sure once people learn to use his shadows well, he'll be a ban in ranked cause of his insane kill potential, not just because people don't know how to counter him.
    EDIT - His shadow cooldown goes lower every time you hit your E skill (the spin), and it gets reduced even more if your shadow hits too.
    That was on the PBE. I have no problems with him now and have been enjoying playing him. Still think the CD on W should be lower. Really, the only way to make use of his E lowering the CD is by playing him in the jungle (which is how I play him). In lane, you just end up pushing your lane and putting yourself in a vulnerable position. As a melee assassin, that is the worst thing you could do.

Before purchasing Zed, I tried him out on a friend's account and decided to try out top. I went up against a Malphite, and it was awesome being able to poke him while he was sitting on his tower with W>Q>E combo. I actually managed to kill him twice doing this at level 3 and again at level 5. I don't think overextending is a problem on zed to be honest, I was able to juke a few ganks really well throughout that game while laning by casting shadows in bushes and pretending to run into river.

I've only been in a few games with him but in every single one he has sucked utter balls.

Something I've wondered a lot though; when you and your shadow both fire your Q, where do they intersect? Do they cross in the middle of their paths or both just go towards the same target or...?
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nachoman007 View Post
    Before purchasing Zed, I tried him out on a friend's account and decided to try out top. I went up against a Malphite, and it was awesome being able to poke him while he was sitting on his tower with W>Q>E combo. I actually managed to kill him twice doing this at level 3 and again at level 5. I don't think overextending is a problem on zed to be honest, I was able to juke a few ganks really well throughout that game while laning by casting shadows in bushes and pretending to run into river.
    At least for now you, I haven't played against him but every champion gets figured out by everyone at some point in time.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    I've only been in a few games with him but in every single one he has sucked utter balls.

Something I've wondered a lot though; when you and your shadow both fire your Q, where do they intersect? Do they cross in the middle of their paths or both just go towards the same target or...?
    You need to find someone whose good with him then.

His Q works the same for both him and his shadow. If you have your cursor in between them, then the shurikens will cross each other. If you put Zeds shadow in front of him, then your cursor in front of the shadow, they will fire the shurikens in a straight line.

The shadow works just like a player for skill shots, in accordance to where your cursor is.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.