Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Legendary Gem Quest: Quest item for final quest only drops ONE per Sha of Fear kill

So my guild and I waddled our way into Terrace this week to kill Sha of Fear with several of us on the final quest to obtain a Chimera of Fear from the big bad himself. Naturally, with master looter and auto loot on, our GM right clicked on the dead boss's body to look at the loot and he immediately received the Chimera of Fear. Seconds later, we all realized that no one else could get this quest item. After a bit we figured out what happened: there is only ONE quest item that drops and it is non-trade-able, so be very careful who loots the boss. On top of that, you can throw any expectation of getting it for your entire raid out the window.

Edit: Confirmed fixed on EU realms at least, no confirmation from NA region.
    Last edited by Totaltotemic; 2012-11-20 at 04:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    LfR rage times 24

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Same thing happened to me and another guildee, I just happened to loot the boss first. But individuals will be able to complete it in LFR next week? As all loot in LFR is personal now.

good to know, thanks.

should probably save them for the people who get the weapons first then.
    Last edited by herpecin; 2012-11-15 at 06:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by Brydie View Post
    Same thing happened to me and another guildee, I just happened to loot the boss first. But individuals will be able to complete it in LFR next week? As all loot in LFR is personal now.
    pretty sad how LFR in a sense could be a higher rate for you to get your gem rather then raiding normal/heroic.

It's to be expected, otherwise everyone and their dog would be running around with legendaries.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

out of curiosity was this a 10 or 25man raid ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed it does.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    pretty sad how LFR in a sense could be a higher rate for you to get your gem rather then raiding normal/heroic.
    Unless only one person being able to loot the Chimera of Fear is unintentional.

My raid was 25m.

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    out of curiosity was this a 10 or 25man raid ?
    This was a 25 man raid. I can only speculate on the nature of LFR or Heroic in this equation, but it kinda blows right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Brydie View Post
    Unless only one person being able to loot the Chimera of Fear is unintentional.

My raid was 25m.
    Really hope it is unintentional, if its not yay 10man having so many problems cause of RNG to get everyones.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    This was a 25 man raid. I can only speculate on the nature of LFR or Heroic in this equation, but it kinda blows right now.
    Certainly ~35ids for a gem sounds entirely ridiculous.

It's to be expected, otherwise everyone and their dog would be running around with legendaries.
    That is Blizzard's intent. They wanted to avoid the drama of assigned a legendary to someone so they made it so that anyone who puts in the time over the course of the expansion will have one.

Obviously has to be fixed for 25 man guilds to get 2 or 3 gems per. Anything else would just be retarded.

I would expect in LFR that one person will randomly recieve the drop, if it drops in LFR at all.

Dont make much sense to make everythign else a share loot and them make the chimera of fear an exclusive drop imo, specialy if you have any chance of getting it on LFR (wich I think you will otherwise there no point for LFR to even drop the Sigils).

I have looked into this for you. If more than one person is on the quest for this, only "ONE" drops.
    thank you for your response, however this seems to greatly disadvantage 25 man guilds in comparison to 10 man guilds given that in a 5 week period half of the raid team will have acquired a very powerful boost in the 10 man version in comparison to only a fifth of a 25 man raid team, are you certain this is intended?
    I just wanted to drop by and leave a little information concerning the chimera of fear. This process of one per sha of fear is intended.
    These were the GM responses to my ticket regarding this issue.

GMs know nothing, the fact you can't even ML it shows something is very wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    GMs know nothing, the fact you can't even ML it shows something is very wrong

I know this, simply posting the response, it clearly is not intended to be this way.

I'm smelling a hotfix incoming.