View Poll Results: Anyone "not" impressed with this Storm Legion?

Voters
213. This poll is closed
  • I'm not impressed

25 11.74%
  • Very impressed

103 48.36%
  • Haven't got it.

85 39.91%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Hit 51 last night, haven't played since the launch of the game and I am impressed with the changes that has happened while I was away and the additions with the new xpac.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well since the engine is based off the same game, this expansion reminds me of Trials of Atlantis from Daoc. But damn leveling is time consuming when you're going at it solo. I just dinged 52 so I'll try the new dungeon at the proper level tonight.

Seratal and carnage quests. Way, way, way too many carnage quests in the starting 1/4 of the zone. I could do with less and more storyline quests. But the immersive feel of the expansion is amazing. And my FPS went up 10-15 on average. I also switched my laptop from low quality to normal textures. I went from 19 fps pre expansion to 34 post and about 18fps in normal quality. So the engine is taking advantage of the newer hardware.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 03:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    I haven't had much time to play, have had bitch ass bandits on my DayZ server messy'en up my day....

But from what Ive read, I have come to the opinion that the slow leveling has something to do with the amount of leveling options. Trion probably doesnt want people to level through the content so fast that they miss all of the hard work they put into the game. Something that Blizzard, I think, has always regretted.

Sometimes I feel bad for Blizzard. They spend a lot of time and effort, but all their players just want to blast to endgame. Then they complain that there isnt enough. The only time I had to agree was in Cata, but all the other expansions had tons of content in the leveling process. Cant say much for MoP, got bored after hitting 86. Not the games fault, Im just done with WoW and thought a expac would change my mind.
    You can get some great EXP doing daily random daily PVP as well. I only tried once and lost but a couple guildmates have been leveling off that.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    My main issue is time right now. There simply is not enough. The leveling curve seems just right and not too grindy. Only thing I am not happy with is the complete gut'n of warriors one day before the expansion launches. It proves Atrius is a junior dev who is in over his head and needs assistance or needs to be replaced.

Outside of Atrius the expansion has been overwhelming.
    Warriors are finally down to the level of clerics and mages.. what are you crying about?
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80

Deleted
    Purchace day tomorrow
    I am sure ill have a hell of a weekend

10+ Year Old Account
    In your fish aquarium eating your fish flakes. NOM NOM
    I can say i havent gotten it, but not for lack of trying. SL came out at a good time for me as im frankly getting sick and tired of wiping on stone guard with my guild, 54 times so far, and dealing with struggle of capping valor every week when i play a maximum of 2 days per week. There seems to be no end of it in sight to either issue so ive pretty much lost interest.

But when i decided i was going to pick up a game today i let myself have several choices in which i weighed the pros and cons carefully several days beforehand:

Going back to ultima online for a month to visit
    Picking up skyrim
    Buying SL and playing rift for a while till wow nerfs msv
    Picking up windows 7 so my guild wars 2 stops crashing due to memory issues with my 32 bit windows xp

I did alot of reading about SL both on the offical forums, these forums, and watching twitchtv. And i just couldnt see myself going back for now, the 2 things im interested in rift are pvp and dimensions. From what ive seen conquest has been taken out for the time being, there are also some other pvp problems that ive heard about but yet to see proof of. Mainly though i loved conquest and without that being in the game until later that was one con towards sl.

Dimensions from what ive read have several issues such as price and the green curtain preventing people from looking into the outside world. The cost of dimensions to me is very prohibitive because when i play rift i hardly do anything else but pvp with some experts mixed in, which nets me very little money. And when i was thinking of dimensions i was thinking of a phased area that was seamless like in wow with their little "farmville" area. If there is a green curtain that prevents you from seeing the outside world it really hurts the value that i had placed in it.

In the end i went with skyrim as to me it was the better option for now.

I do look forward to subbing again to rift but unfortunately for now due to being cash strapped and time limited i had to pick something else . Rift itself is an amazing game and i really think its underrated, but i thought i might offer insight on how i reached my decision in not purchasing rift. That way maybe people who do play rift right now can understand some of the reasons why people just arnt picking SL up like most (including myself) thought would happen.
    Torchlight II Vanilla Player
    Looking for a vanilla only group?

http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=40739

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Skyrim is a game I would honestly still say is worth it - sick game, lots of fun. Insanely gorgeous views, even though "omg lol it's a virtual world, get over yourself nerd."

Maybe give Rift: SL a couple months and see how it is. I was considering MoP, was going to give it a couple months, but I already know it's not happening. Partly because of old WoW friends already quitting out of boredom and SL is just too good. :P Not to mention all the issues MoP seems to have spawned from valor and dailies, to others.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Well despite me not liking traditional mmos that much, SL has already lasted longer than MoP for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Well despite me not liking traditional mmos that much, SL has already lasted longer than MoP for me.
    That was quick. O_o
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    Just seems strange to me that people who laud Trion's content generation at every turn...are complaining that there's too much content, and don't want to be bothered leveling through it.

Can't satisfy people, I guess.
    I don't really like "leveling". Would be happy to do all this "level up" content at a slow pace some other time. Forcing me to go through it now [&slowly], when I am primarily interested in raiding and the full extent of my Paladin/Vk build-- pretty annoying.

It's pretty artificial too. Just a time sink/barrier.

Glad to see SL seems to be doing good! I'm going to pick it up soon it's just I've been busy as hell with school and a group application project im on, plus I've been playing Halo 4 non-stop since it came out lol But once this semester is done I'm hoping back on Rift!

10+ Year Old Account
    In your fish aquarium eating your fish flakes. NOM NOM
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Skyrim is a game I would honestly still say is worth it - sick game, lots of fun. Insanely gorgeous views, even though "omg lol it's a virtual world, get over yourself nerd."

Maybe give Rift: SL a couple months and see how it is. I was considering MoP, was going to give it a couple months, but I already know it's not happening. Partly because of old WoW friends already quitting out of boredom and SL is just too good. :P Not to mention all the issues MoP seems to have spawned from valor and dailies, to others.
    Definately see myself subbing again, i actually pre-ordered rift and payed the full price for it at launch on purpose. I wanted to support what i think is an amazing company. I plan on supporting them again but right now that depends on what blizz decides to do about the valor/rep situation cause i was actually enjoying myself in wow.(and i havent enjoyed myself in wow this much since probably late BC, but how they handle the valor and gating of content is what decides if i will continue to sub)
    Torchlight II Vanilla Player
    Looking for a vanilla only group?

http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=40739

10+ Year Old Account

I agree with this. Skyrim is awesome. Definitely one of my most favourite games.

As for dimensions, this sh*t is going to be huuuuuge. I didn't actually comprehend how much extra there is to do when feeling like doing something else.
    Being able to earn badges to buy things for the house, being able to craft things for the house. Women are going to frigging love this.

Ok, I love it too.

ANd the upgrade-able gear! Wow. Awesome idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how you caught people before anyone hounded you for the almost sexist comment, good move, Wocky. :P

Yeah, anyone who likes to build, decorate, that type of stuff, will surely love Dimensions. Minecraft with decent graphics and ability to tell what something actually is... imo.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how you caught people before anyone hounded you for the almost sexist comment, good move, Wocky. :P

Yeah, anyone who likes to build, decorate, that type of stuff, will surely love Dimensions. Minecraft with decent graphics and ability to tell what something actually is... imo.
    He He.

Well, I was gob-smacked by it. When I heard them say "player housing", I thought "yeah, okay...big deal" and then when I got to Tempest Bay and saw just how many vendors, recipes for crafting there are, artifact rewards (Rift's form of archaeology for you wow guys) the guys in guild raving about it.

because some say the lvling is to slow i must say im not the lvling type i did perhaps 4-5quests so far and im 51 but overall its pretty nice atm not the "hey addon is out lets rush to max lvl in 1-2 days"
    i want to explore the new continents and not rush to max lvl i can do end content later too

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Glad to see SL seems to be doing good! I'm going to pick it up soon it's just I've been busy as hell with school and a group application project im on, plus I've been playing Halo 4 non-stop since it came out lol But once this semester is done I'm hoping back on Rift!
    Me too! Haha can't wait to play this expansion, but have to finish school first . Glad to see most people are enjoying it though! Was thinking of subbing to SWTOR again, but then I saw that gamersgate had SL for $25 so I can't wait to pick it up! (going to wait until cyber Monday to see if there are any better deals).

10+ Year Old Account
    Granted, no game is perfect, but not a single reason from the people yet who clicked "not impressed" as to "why" ?

So, all in all, seems to be quite an impressive expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    Granted, no game is perfect, but not a single reason from the people yet who clicked "not impressed" as to "why" ?

So, all in all, seems to be quite an impressive expansion.
    Even if they would actually speak up.... (it's honestly probably just Rift-haters who didn't buy it but want to curve things negatively for Rift, shit happens) we still are seeing a 12 to 76 ratio.

Those odds are pretty damn good in Rift's favor. More than 80% are enjoying the game, and likely more than 90%. :P
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if they would actually speak up.... (it's honestly probably just Rift-haters who didn't buy it but want to curve things negatively for Rift, shit happens) we still are seeing a 12 to 76 ratio.

Those odds are pretty damn good in Rift's favor. More than 80% are enjoying the game, and likely more than 90%. :P
    56% like the game, 10% didn't like it. The other amount (34%) aren't interested enough to buy, are curious and are waiting for reviews, or what have you. 56% is a good number. But, I wouldn't say "rift -haters" purposely swaying your numbers because they can, that's an assumption.
    Some people just don't want to be a target on these forums, that could be an option.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Admittedly I didn't even bother voting, because really, I am not very impressed, but at the same time, I am not disliking and am enjoying myself.