Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkacid View Post
    Obama won because of people like Colin Powell who don't stand for anything voting.
    It's cute how you support Romney while saying things like that.

While it is true that welfare would still be around if Romney was president, it wouldn't be taken advantage of like it is now. Obama wants everyone to be dependent on his big government, no matter what the cost is. That is the reason that our economy will not improve in the slightest the next 4 years. Democrats put the "social contract" above the economy, while Republicans put the economy above the "social contract". Obama is looking to make as many people as he can dependent on the government with Obamacare, and he is allowing so many people to be on and stay on welfare and other government programs so he will make people even more dependent on the government... this is also known as Communism.

Quote Originally Posted by Collins311 View Post
    They were 31 miles away...you were so close!
    Well crap!
    I knew I should have gone the extra mile! >_>

He lost because minority voters don't think he sympathizes with them. Romney won the independent vote quite handily, usually that means you win the election but they under estimated the black and hispanic turnout and then there was that sensationalist news story about women rights = free birth control funded by the tax payers. Boy that would make the fighters for Women's suffrage back in the day feel proud... it's sad so much of the country can be so successfully manipulated by a single issue, this is the case of so many voters of either parties. Republicans voting entirely because they feel they have to stop gay marriage, democrats voting because not wanting to waste money on birth control = WAGING A WAR ON WOMEN OMG!!! EVERYONE PANIC!!! such sad times for America.
    You know the thing...

Romney lost the election because he is a pompous asshole that also happens to be rich. If you need more validation read the OP again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hungrydingo View Post
    He lost because minority voters don't think he sympathizes with them.
    Actually, he lost because he can't put up a convincing show of sympathizing with much of anybody.

A lot of people do feel entitled, and I think Obama played to that.

However, to lay his defeat solely on that is fallacious, I feel. A lot of people felt like Obama simply deserved a fully fleshed out, 8-year presidential reign.

Democrats get the Afircan American vote because the majority of them are on welfare or have government supported union jobs. Latinos support democrats because the party is looking to citizenize as many as possible to gain more voters and put more people into the welfare system.

If 96% of African Americans had voted for Romney, he would have won the election.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    A lot of people do feel entitled, and I think Obama played to that.

*snip*
    A lot of people don't know their heads from a hole in the ground, and I think Romney played to that.

“Did you notice the Muslim Islamic marriage inscription on Obama’s wedding ring?” a woman nearby asked me. I said I hadn’t. “He’s got an Islamic wedding ring that he got when he turned 16 from the head of the Islamic church,” she explained. “Michelle doesn’t have that because she’s not Muslim but he is.”

Why does he hide his supposed-faith, I asked. “He wants America to go broke, because he doesn’t want America to succeed. He wants America to be taken over by the Islamic world,” she told me.

The conversation then turned to Obama’s family. “Did you know his grandmother, his mother, Michelle, and him are all card-carrying members of the Communist Party?” she asked. “We’ve got copies of their cards and the numbers,” offering to email a scanned copy when I expressed skepticism.

“You haven’t done much research on Obama,” the woman told me. I asked what websites I could visit to learn more; she recommend WND.com, a birther-haven whose editor-in-chief has blamed natural disasters on the growing acceptance of homosexuality.
    http://thinkprogress.org/election/20...rty/?mobile=nc

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    News source

I've been pretty interested in following the post election rationalizations that have been occurring, but I didn't expect one straight from the horse's mouth. While it seems early to start looking at the 2014 election, the Republican Party had better decide soon if it's going to try to win with this tact or if they're going to change it up.
    And Obama spent his entire campaign blaming Bush (even after the Dem's had full control for two years) while, at the same time, saying the best thing we could all do was look forward to the future.

Tell me that isn't a bit of a double-standard?

A few points you should consider, but probably wont.

1. Obama, during an interview, said he didn't have the power to institute the Dream Act without legislative approval.
    2. Obama then did exactly what he said he couldn't, granting millions of illegal immigrants the right to stay in the US.

And you're going to tell me that's not a "gift?"

My personal issue with Obama (and congress) is that he was one of the FEW Presidents that had both house and senate controlled by his party and he still didn't manage to get much shit done. Before you ask I didn't vote for Romney, I tossed my vote to Gary Johnson.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    My personal issue with Obama (and congress) is that he was one of the FEW Presidents that had both house and senate controlled by his party and he still didn't manage to get much shit done. Before you ask I didn't vote for Romney, I tossed my vote to Gary Johnson.
    Look up the filibuster. When one side intends to keep anything from being done because they're throwing a tantrum over losing the election, the other side needs a supermajority to get around it.

On the bright side, that may be changing very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    Look up the filibuster. When one side intends to keep anything from being done because they're throwing a tantrum over losing the election, the other side needs a supermajority to get around it.

On the bright side, that may be changing very soon.
    I know what a filibuster is, and I mentioned I have issues with Congress (congress is more corrupted, inept and horribly managed then a 3rd world countries government), doesn't mean Obama is completely free. I also get tired of people blaming congress and making Obama seem completely free from any guilt, while Bush is 100% responsible for the economic issues. I guess what I'm saying is I hate people that refuse to look at their own faults and blame everything on others...
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

i have to say that this election has really brought all the thinly veiled racism and sexism still present in america to the surface. thats good, no one is fooled anymore.

We've been over this over and over again. The Democrats never had a supermajority in the Senate.

Look up "Cornhusker kickback". That's how Obamacare got through the Senate.

I know what a filibuster is, and I mentioned I have issues with Congress (congress is more corrupted, inept and horribly managed then a 3rd world countries government), doesn't mean Obama is completely free. I also get tired of people blaming congress and making Obama seem completely free from any guilt, while Bush is 100% responsible for the economic issues. I guess what I'm saying is I hate people that refuse to look at their own faults and blame everything on others...
    I don't know, you complain that he didn't accomplish enough when there were people explicitly preventing stuff from getting accomplished. At least with Bush, the complaints are about things that he actually did accomplish.

I wish that Obama had done more too, but the level of obstructionism here was absolutely ridiculous and unprecedented (sitting around and trying to repeal the ACA dozens of times? Deliberately shutting down the farm bill during an agricultural crisis and then complaining about the lack of a farm bill?) and to equate this with anything Bush faced is simply ludicrous.

10+ Year Old Account
    blame game is helpful...not. too much energy wasted imo.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have to say this because i must be forthcoming * is a major rant *

I want to talk about my jobs

When i was work for those many years is was a hard and painful jobs but is was a union salary of $45.50 an hrs and that is good money why because i roses to the rank and did my job well but i notice there was something i didn't like

one day i have union duties and * i am not going to name it * told the people who show up to get illegal immigrant to join the union at this job site, That right to have these low life people to join the union why so they can look good be welcome anyone even illegal now i didn't think of it and i did what i was told,But now looking back is made me sick that all those years working my a## and some smuck illegal get a free pass, And the disturbing part is that when the jobs order come in guess who got the first crack * the illegal * even thought they denied this practices but i have friend in the union told me they still do this,

And then i got hurt i told you what the union did to me and is disgusting me even more that they can treat me and that i'm a shame that i do collected benefit from the state, That i resided in and i don't consider it freeloading or mooching because i pay into it and that my argument when i files my taxes..............................

but i be damn to say that Illegal NEVER contribute a thing because they don't file taxes they cheat it even the minorities and white bum/moocher do the same

But they know how to milk and manipulated the system for
    Food stamp
    Medicaid
    Medicare
    SSI
    WIC
    Rental Assistance
    And many many other assistance that is given to the illegal and societies sum !

And guess pay for it
    YOU THE TAX PAYER AND THANK TO THE LIBERAL HIPPIE AND DEMOC##T JUST GIVE IT TO THEM LOCK,STOCK AND BARREL
    Last edited by WNYIRISHGUY; 2012-11-16 at 04:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    Either way, you cannot disregard the fact that the country is in crisis and on the brink of social unrest.
    When less than 20% of a country votes for its leader, you know something is wrong...
    USA and world needs to awaken to reality or we will fall deeply into tyranny.
    Less than half the population is registered to vote, and a large portion of the non registered population are underage. A larger % of registered voters voted this election than did in the past election. That is the beauty of this country. You have the freedom to choose. You can choose to vote or choose not to vote. Voting is not mandatory. That is why the republicans are so gung ho on restricting voters with voter ID laws. The create a solution for something there is not a problem for. People get prosecuted for voter fraud every year. 6-12 convictions yearly out of 110+ million votes cast. This is not an issue. However this has been the stance of the republicans since 1979, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GBAsFwPglw If you follow American politics when voter turn out is low republicans win when it is high democrats win. America is a center left nation on pretty much every issue.

I do agree people need to wake up and pay attention. The more involved the better things will become. Just here in Michigan, our governor signed a bill that where he can place an "emergency financial manager" in any city that falls below his set financial standards. This person that he appoints supersedes elected officials and can do whatever he or she feels is necessary to get the city in order. The only thing these guys have done is void all union contracts, fire a tons of city workers and brought in private contractors that cost the city more. We turned out to vote in a big way to overturn this policy. All the while hearing our vote doesn't count, we have no power and the usual crap you hear from disinterested people. We got it done because we said enough. The more you know the more you want to be involved to make things better. Hopefully the Bush years and the teabaggers have woken Americans up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiry View Post
    blame game is helpful...not. too much energy wasted imo.
    Unfortunately, it's a current and relevant issue if the Republicans intend to continue this petulant idiocy for another term.
    On the other hand, now that the election's out of the way, the President has a much stronger position than he had before.