Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    I never drink plain water. It actually dries my throat out and makes me have to keep drinking it. I need something with sugar in it to coat my throat since 90% of the time I can't breathe through my nose due to a deviated septum. Therefore I drink tea with milk and sugar, fruit juice (mainly grape or cranberry with sugar added), Kool-Aid, and occasionally soda. Bottled water is the biggest ripoff ever foisted on the consumer.

I'm 64 and still have all my teeth, including all 4 wisdom teeth just to head those comments off. You know what the biggest killer of your teeth is? It's smoking and pot smoking is worse than tobacco. Have you ever seen a heavy pot smoker who didn't have absolutely terrible teeth? I haven't. Smoking deteriorates the gums and eventually the teeth as well.
    Yes, me. And besides me being a heavy pot smoker, nobody at my work ever, ever suspected me of smoking pot. Now don't try to turn this thread into something else besides bashing on soda, please.

Also... water drys out your throat? First time I ever hear something like this.

i have been drinken cola/cola light since around 15. i'm now 30. and i drink about 2l per day. yet my body looks pretty good. and i'm healthy as a horse.

so please don't make it looks like your going to die in one year if you drink it on a daily base.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is no cyanide but your not doing anything good to your body(expect when you do not eat and have to make sure you are getting your required calory intake) by drinking it. Hammering your head against a wall isn't fatal either, but if you do it on a regular bases it might leave some traces...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Yup, hence why I abuse Soda in this thread.
    A 20oz bottle of Coke is like... 280 calories, tops. That's a snack at best, not a freaking meal. Assuming a standard 2000 calorie diet, you're looking at 600 calories per meal and change - not quite three times what you're claiming is a "meal."
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Migrin View Post
    It is no cyanide but your not doing anything good to your body(expect when you do not eat and have to make sure you are getting your required calory intake) by drinking it. Hammering your head against a wall isn't fatal either, but if you do it on a regular bases it might leave some traces...
    How can you even remotely compare it to cyanide. :/ I don't even.....
    I know what you mean but we should not compare sugars to deadly chemicals.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    The majority of Coke contains HFCS.

Also, the caloric content and acidity is harsh on your teeth, plus the calories are just unnecessary.
    Has probably been adressed multiple times, but the ingredients for coca cola (and soda's in general) vary from geographical location to location. The water they use is local. That's why coca cola's bottled in Finland tastes awesome. The sweetener is either sucrose ("real sugar") or high-fructose corn syrup. They use HFC in the US, but you can find sucrose coke in Mexico or Europe.

10+ Year Old Account
    226kcal. (12%)
    56g of sugar (62%)
    500ml bottle

Carbonated water, sugar, colour (caramel E150d), phosphoric acid, flavourings (caffeine)

That's what's in Coke here in the North-east of England. Not that much to it really. I'm assuming that the sugar is cane or fuctose sugar though.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

10+ Year Old Account
    Food companies don't have to label everything that is in their products. Just like with Pepsi, for example. The patent for the flavor mix, has dead fetal tissue in it. There are an article on MSN about it months ago, it has since been removed. But there are tons of companies that don't list shit.

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/oba...nary-business/
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

i drink 2 cans per day of coca cola 0/light. 3 sometimes

not because im necessarily worried about calories but because the normal is way too sweet and i get nauseous by the time i finish it

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Alcohol is better for you in moderation.

Pretty sure every doctor in the world would say have a glass of red wine over a can of coke.
    Eh... no
    Red wine is "good" for a substances other than alcohol, such as tannins and flavonoids, that are rarely found elsewhere. Alcohol itself -ethanol- is far from good, in fact it's toxic; it's the "necessary evil" in red wine, not the reason to drink it. Doctors wouldn't advice you to drink a glass of vodka, or whiskey, would they?

10+ Year Old Account
    You have balls for posting this thread.

I like coca cola, however I don't drink a whole lot of it. Being a student I think it's too expensive, so I go with strawberry juice Buy a concentrated bottle, and mix it with water. Saves many many pennies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    How can you even remotely compare it to cyanide. :/ I don't even.....
    I know what you mean but we should not compare sugars to deadly chemicals.
    What I wanted to state with this comparison is, that it is not as dangerous at is offten told to be, but still consuming it is not reccomandable from a health perspective. At the end its all a question of moderation.

I don't drink any soda really. Sometimes I'll buy sparkling grape or pear or peach, but it doesn't have tons of sugar. I seldomly drink Izzie pomegranate which I believe is a good soda. The most drunk carbonated drink is beer in my household. I had six beers this month, which is more than the soda I've had all year.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 08:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zardi View Post
    Eh... no
    Red wine is "good" for a substances other than alcohol, such as tannins and flavonoids, that are rarely found elsewhere. Alcohol itself -ethanol- is far from good, in fact it's toxic; it's the "necessary evil" in red wine, not the reason to drink it. Doctors wouldn't advice you to drink a glass of vodka, or whiskey, would they?
    It's not just red wine, it's white wine as well. I'm not sure how accurate this is but it was observed that small amounts of wine, about a glass or two a week, can help heal livers actually. And why would you say "eh...no" wine has heaps of benefits compared to WATER, SUGAR, FLAVORING. Doctors may not advise to drink wodka and whiskey, or much hard liquor, but who brought that up even?

Beer also has the same effects.
    Last edited by Themius; 2012-11-16 at 01:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dead fetal tissue in it, i highly fucking doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    Dead fetal tissue in it, i highly fucking doubt it.
    It's a sensationalized title but they're using some cells to do flavor research.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, hence why I abuse Soda in this thread.
    Completely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    A 20oz bottle of Coke is like... 280 calories, tops. That's a snack at best, not a freaking meal. Assuming a standard 2000 calorie diet, you're looking at 600 calories per meal and change - not quite three times what you're claiming is a "meal."

The problem is most people don't limit themselves to one 20oz glass a day. Let's say a person is going off the old three meal standard. Chances are a soda drinker will have a glass of soda with at least two of those, lunch and dinner. I'd sure as hell hope their morning beverage would be something different. Just on drinks alone, you are looking at 500+ calories. This goes off the assumption that you either drink nothing else during the day except water.

So yes, for the average soda drinker, Coke is a pretty poor choice. To someone who can limit themselves to a glass a day as an addition to a well balanced diet, not as bad but still not the best choice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Completely agree.

The problem is most people don't limit themselves to one 20oz glass a day. Let's say a person is going off the old three meal standard. Chances are a soda drinker will have a glass of soda with at least two of those, lunch and dinner. I'd sure as hell hope their morning beverage would be something different. Just on drinks alone, you are looking at 500+ calories. This goes off the assumption that you either drink nothing else during the day except water.

So yes, for the average soda drinker, Coke is a pretty poor choice. To someone who can limit themselves to a glass a day as an addition to a well balanced diet, not as bad but still not the best choice.
    To be fair, not even one glass a day, it's like a treat you know...

So 1 bottle is the equivalent of an entire meal and you say it's not that bad?
    420kCal is a meal? At 3 meals a day that makes 1260 calories, which is starvation.

Of course it is not bad for you if you look at the ingredients. It is only bad for you if you drink it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    420kCal is a meal? At 3 meals a day that makes 1260 calories, which is starvation.
    Not really, depends on how active / sedentary someone is.

Malnutrition (on a soda diet) on the other hand...