Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I'm not doing LFR. I'm also not continuing my subscription.
    Well, there's no sense continuing your sub if this game just isn't for you. Good luck in whichever game you move to.

My eyes were already burning from the whole day sitting behind the computer at my work and I just raided for 3 hours straight plus 1,5 hours of LFR. I can't handle this right now.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 11:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    This is also true to an extent, but I think this criticism is primarily limited to dailies. Slow and monotonous, regardless of how many new dailies they added in MoP. They should increase all the rep rewards, double them perhaps, and make a compromise with the concept of Rep tabards; perhaps a tabard that awards you the same amount of rep as a daily for the respective faction with every heroic completed.

Pet Battles, Challenge Modes and the Brawler's Guild all look (and the first two in my opinion are) to be viable and new/interesting end-game content. Only so many times one can reinvent the wheel however, and if the successive efforts fail to impress/excite then I think the real issue is the individual(s) in question simply fail to find the wheel interesting any more, regardless of how it's changed.
    I never understand what's the point in making things even easier, faster or more rewarding just for people who don't like to do them? Just to screw it up for everyone else? If you don't like doing dailies then don't do them.
    If you want to go scream that they are mandatory again then go read the other 100 threads which have tons of good arguments why they are NOT mandatory.

The only reason people complain is because you can no longer cheese getting reputation through slapping on a tabard and do exactly what you were going to do anyway. If you feel so forced to min/max your character then I assume you also did everything else that is/was mandatory to achieve that. I really doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    I never understand what's the point in making things even easier, faster or more rewarding just for people who don't like to do them? Just to screw it up for everyone else?
    I never understand what's the point in making things even harder, slower or less rewarding just for people who like to do them? Just to screw it up for everyone else?

Do you see how that works? Your preferences have no more merit than mine; it just so happens that for now, Blizzard is catering to yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    I never understand what's the point in making things even harder, slower or less rewarding just for people who like to do them? Just to screw it up for everyone else?

Do you see how that works? Your preferences have no more merit than mine; it just so happens that for now, Blizzard is catering to yours.
    Getting gear is as easy as ever. I'm already to the point where I have 2 characters that hit disenchant on every single drop in dungeons now. More LFR bosses means more loot! No easy BoE valor pieces to twink alts with, but we do have Sha who gives you free boots and you can kill him even before hitting max level.

I never really wore that much valor gear in Cata anyway. Just the few pieces that didn't drop in DS.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    My thoughts exactly.

I think they are trying to keep us busy, but i'm not a fan of HAVING to do them for gear. A mount is one thing.
    You don't have to do them, I mean really enough with this pathetic excuse. most of the rep gear is mediocre itemization. Heroic dungeons gives you proper gear to tackle MSV, and a combination of MSV and heroic dungeon gear gets you through to HoF and Terrace. The only time grinding rep was REQUIRED to get gear was when grinding rep was REQUIRED to get access to heroic dungeons and then raids beyond that. If you WANT a 489 over your 463, you can do the rep grind, but you do NOT need 489s to down normal raid content.

It's all tied together. I myself don't mind the rep grind, btw (although it wasn't a source of net fun).

I'm not doing LFR. I'm also not continuing my subscription.
    I don't get your point. You want easier normal raids? Why, so you can pug it? Than why you don't like LFR?

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    I don't get your point. You want easier normal raids? Why, so you can pug it? Than why you don't like LFR?
    LFR fails because there is no quality control. Manually formed raids with a consistent raid group largely avoids the galloping fail that is LFR.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Dinged 90 and not long after i got http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=7285 and i still had at least 10 dailies in log.

Just getting bored of doing dailies. I log on at 20:00 and 22:30 i'm done with dailies. No time to raid or do dungeons.
    Some days i only logon to do some Farmerama at the Tillers and then i log off again and watch some downloaded series (cause tv program usually sucks or has too many commercials).

Deleted
    August Celestials dailies are awesome in my opinion. They can be completed in 5-10 mins max and you almost get the needed daily amount of coins. Throw in a couple easy Tiller dailies and you are done in less than 15-20 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    I think you need to re-evaluate why people play games and what option in that regard means then comment again.

In my opinion:
    If I choose to play MoP, then a lot of things become mandatory, due to that choice.
    Dailies are in that regard mandatory and even forced.
    If I don't do dailies, I can't spend my vp because rep is lacking.
    if I don't do dailies, some awesome mounts are unavailable.
    If I don't do dailies, I won't be able to get the recipes for my professions.

For players who don't raid.... there is not much else, is there?

yeah, dailies are optional..... but if you don't do them, what then?
    So instead of just writing "they are optional", pls add what players can do.
    MMO's are meant to take time. Regardless, you just said yourself, it's your CHOICE. Therefore whatever is 'mandatory' is because of your own choice.
    The dailly grind is just an alternative to grinding dungeons all day. You gear up just as slowly/fast.
    If you need an enchant or what ever, I'm sure you're not the only person on your realm that has enchanting. There must be atleast 1 other person who's done the chore for you and grinded enough rep to get that enchant.
    Once you're geared (through raiding/LFR/Rep) your VP becomes useless (we're not in 5.1 yet!).
    Mounts are NOT mandatory, they are optional and completely up to your own choice. Anyway mounts have always been a chore to obtain unless you were extremely lucky, so there is NOTHING new about this.
    Recipe's are NOT mandatory. There are other people who have them (how they got them has nothing to do with you).

Players who don't raid don't need the gear either. They shouldn't even complain about the rep grind. It is the single thing that will keep them playing for a while and progressing on their main (since they don't raid).

If you don't do daillies, go grind dungeons, bg's or LFR. Plenty of alternatives to getting gear or wasting time effectively.

EDIT:I've chosen to do the Rep grind on all factions to Exalted instead of running dungeons, heroics and LFR. I've come to the same point as other people have who choose not to do the rep grind. It took me longer to get there, but the endresult is the same.

Rep grinding:
    Pro's:
    - ALL loot is mine.
    - I get better gear (only a few items though!) than I'd get in dungeons, hc's or LFR.
    - It has kept me busy for about 2 months (I still burned through them).
    - Lesser Charms of Fortune. Though I have yet to receive loot from it (other then gold) after having spent 12 of them already.
    - Being VP capped in just a few days (as a bonus).

Cons:
    - It's fucking boring doing the same daillies (almost) every day. The variation we were promised by Blizzard is bs.
    - Slow gearing.
    - Being VP capped without having anything to spend it on (not unlocked yet).
    - Burns you out a lot faster.

Dungeon/LFR grinding:
    Pro's:
    - Gear comes a lot faster.
    - Less of a chore than daillies.
    - No need to spend VP or worry about capping, LFR will give you more gear than Rep will.
    - You get burned out at a slower pace.

Cons:
    - Ninja's, tards, you name it. You rely on others who WILL slow down your progression, even in a guildgroup.
    - No LCoF.
    - You'll see the same dungeons and bosses multiple times each day.
    - Keeps you busy for about 2 weeks tops, then it's back to showing off mounts and AFK.

Daillies are NOT mandatory. Once you have a certain ilvl of gear, the rep becomes trivial. They're an alternate means to the same goal.
    Last edited by Vayshan; 2012-11-16 at 02:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosonia View Post
    Heroics are heroics for a reason.. if you cant do heroics, you cant raid.. its the proper path...
    ...Blizzard has gone the mile and added LFR for those people, but nerfing normal and hc modes is just plain stupid. The Burning Legion didn't get pushed back by lining up a thousand arcane mages spamming AB. It took work work work.

LFR fails because there is no quality control. Manually formed raids with a consistent raid group largely avoids the galloping fail that is LFR.
    You can queue to LFR as group. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    You can queue to LFR as group. Problem solved.
    Requires 25 people to get an all-guild group. The vast majority of guilds don't raid in 25 man format. 90+% of guild boss kills on wowprogress are in 10 man raids. Low end guilds for which LFR would be the appropriate tuning, in particular, tend not to be large.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Requires 25 people to get an all-guild group. The vast majority of guilds don't raid in 25 man format. 90+% of guild boss kills on wowprogress are in 10 man raids. Low end guilds for which LFR would be the appropriate tuning, in particular, tend not to be large.
    10 man normal is hard for you, getting 25 man pug is hard too.
    I have a feeling that you are yourself is a part of a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    10 of our raiders queued up for the HoF LFR's on Wednesday. I gave an explanation for each fight that was only as long as the macro box would allow me( 255 characters)

We 1 shot every boss in there and hopefully taught a few people how to do the fight. The more guilds that do this and don't automatically start complaining "Go look up the fights" or "why do you guys suck so bad" the better off LFR will be.

In LFR you don't have to be doing the fight correctly. You just have to be on the same page.

shado pan is shit imo.. theres nothing really at exalted just a mount so im going to stop at revered.. auguest celestiels isnt bad at exalted but... each day nets you around 1200 rep max.. at that rate you'll be questing for 40 days from 0-exalted. nearly

I only really hate the Niuzao and the Jade Temple quests from August Celestials. Chi-Ji is doable, and the Xuen one is actually fun. Too bad it's always Niuzao on my server.

My only complain about August Celestials is that is takes a stone age and more on top of that trying to hit exalted with the idiots. I'm doing it for the Alani mount currently, but it already feels like it's taking ages going from Honored to Revered, I can't even comprehend how long time it'll take to go from Revered to Exalted. I don't really understand why I can't ride the Thunderous Ruby Cloud Serpent without being exalted with the August Celestials, the mount doesn't have anything to do with them. I understand why they don't want to sell me the Bronze version of it unless I've done a lot to get it, but why do they stop me from mounting a mount I got myself?

Of course it's my own choice, and I accept having to do it, but it just seems like a tad too much time to invest. I could understand it if they gave you some kind of amazing gear to progress, but the gear is like any other reputation gear, so if you aren't a rare mount collector like me, what's the point?

LFR and pugging in Wrath is extremely similar. Only difference was that in Wrath people were bigger idiots, the start of Cata gave slackers a kick in the nuts, so the playerbase have woken up a bit. The worst thing that could ever happen in WoW was making it far in a raid, wipe once, and the whole fucking group leaves. I gotta admit, LFR was a monster in Cata, but it works waaay better here in MoP with the new loot system. While Dragon Soul and LFR was the worst possible combination, I'm having a more enjoyable time doing LFR MSV and HoF than I did pugging ToC and ICC, because they were so damn dissapointing. No challenge whatsoever, even on heroic ICC was a piece of cake, except for Putricide and Lich King. That's another problem that, sorry for picking too hard on this raid but, ICC had, it was so damn unbalanced. Normal Lich King was harder than any other heroic encounter except for Heroic Lich King. Anyways, I'm sidetracking.

Point is, to me, LFR in MoP is way better than easy smeashy Wotlk, because you know there's a challenge somewhere in the game. In Wotlk there wasn't a challenge once Ulduar was outdated by ToC. The only challenge that Wotlk offered once it hit patch 3.2 was doing raid achievements, and to people like me, challenge is what makes a game. The feeling of satisfaction wasn't included in Wotlk. Right now they have the best of three worlds: Easy LFR, decently hard Normals, and very hard Heroics.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2012-11-16 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miothan View Post
    That is not what my post is aimed at, my post is aimed at the poor rep per quest, and the way that the quests are laid out, they are just a copy/paste of the other daily quests, now that wouldent bother me really, if it wasnt for all of the quest objective items you have to loot everywhere, in itself that isnt bad either, but when there are 30-50 players all competing for every single respawn, and players actually sitting on every spawn spot to get it first...then i complain.

As i said in my previous post, i wouldent complain if i could get the quests done, but at this moment in WoW whenever i do the daily quests i have to compete for every single quest item/mob for well over 45 minutes. I want you to understand that the part that makes me complain and get upset with dailys is that i have to sitt around doing 0 and wait for quest items to respawn and its not just 5-10 minutes of waiting, its sometimes up to 20-30 minutes to get all of the quest items, and im not the only player doing that, there are always other players just waiting to nabb that quest item before anyone else, that is not acceptable for me.

I have been playing ever since Beta, and never have any daily quest zone been like this. And i did daily quests ever since they were available in TBC.
    Really, Klaxxi and Golden Lotus are the only factions with poor rep per quests. The other factions all give less quests per day than GL/Klaxxi, but at more rep per quest, and their reputation bars fill out fairly quickly as a result. Especially Shado Pan as you can get nearly honored with them through Kun-lai and Townlong steppes quests even before hitting 90. (If human, you CAN hit honored.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Brood of Noz

best rep grind ever...... im not subbed atm, but im tellin ya that this has nothing on the brood

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 06:49 PM ----------

sure it was not required, but it helped ya get an awesome quest line