Deleted

MoP Legendaries?

Before MoP came out I didn't really research into what the deal was with legendaries this expansion, but I knew it was different. I've seen the legendary gems that you get from the Wrathion quest line that you can put in sha-touched sockets. Is that what they meant by 'everyone gets a legendary?' And will this be the case throughout all of MoP? No actual legendaries but just gems? If so, that's really bad and man...legendaries are dead considering you can get the sigils from LFR.

While you can get the Sigils from LFR, the next part of the quest is 1 item per raid instance. Not sure if it drops in LFR because it isn't out yet.

I will agree that it deflates the Legendary system quite a bit because there is nothing unique. Just a high main stat gem. Woopdedo!

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Legendary starts as a gem and will be built upon until it becomes its final incarnation(whatever that may be) in one of the later tiers.

Yes you can get sigils in LFR. From what I understand, the process is faster in normal/heroic. But it seems like rather than only one person working on a specific weapon during one specific tier, Blizzard decided to stretch out the process across the whole expansion and let everyone work on it at the same time. So instead of "I am the lucky bastard my guild chose to give this weapon to. Now we will farm this one raid for months to get it for me." it is now "Me and my guild farmed every tier of raiding in MoP so now we have these awesome legendaries!'

It is an award for dedication now, not just being the person your guild chose.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    Yes you can get sigils in LFR. From what I understand, the process is faster in normal/heroic. But it seems like rather than only one person working on a specific weapon during one specific tier, Blizzard decided to stretch out the process across the whole expansion and let everyone work on it at the same time. So instead of "I am the lucky bastard my guild chose to give this weapon to. Now we will farm this one raid for months to get it for me." it is now "Me and my guild farmed every tier of raiding in MoP so now we have these awesome legendaries!'

True that, and amen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    While you can get the Sigils from LFR, the next part of the quest is 1 item per raid instance. Not sure if it drops in LFR because it isn't out yet.

I will agree that it deflates the Legendary system quite a bit because there is nothing unique. Just a high main stat gem. Woopdedo!
    Both Cata legendary's were hardly hard to obtain, raid for X amount of time. I mean by the time MoP came the amount of people who had them was crazy.

Looks like this time they are just playing the longer game requiring you to raid for a longer period of time before actually accessing teh weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Flawless101 View Post
    Both Cata legendary's were hardly hard to obtain, raid for X amount of time. I mean by the time MoP came the amount of people who had them was crazy.

Looks like this time they are just playing the longer game requiring you to raid for a longer period of time before actually accessing teh weapons.
    If you were a 25 man guild. 10 man guilds were significantly longer for their 1st staves, and the gaps widened for subsequent staves.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Does anyone know if the gems can be removed from the sha touched weapons once you socket them?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Deleted
    if think its fair too assume you can get legendary gems by doing LFR.

since LFR drops sha-touched items. and it would be lame if you got one of those but aint in a raiding guild so you cant socket it in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    Before MoP came out I didn't really research into what the deal was with legendaries this expansion, but I knew it was different. I've seen the legendary gems that you get from the Wrathion quest line that you can put in sha-touched sockets. Is that what they meant by 'everyone gets a legendary?' And will this be the case throughout all of MoP? No actual legendaries but just gems? If so, that's really bad and man...legendaries are dead considering you can get the sigils from LFR.
    It's true that u can get sigils from LFR but that's only the 1st part of the quest where u'll earn the legendary gem to insert on a sha touched weapon. Since those weapons drop on LFR aswell, wouldn't make sense that u couldn't get the gem there aswell. After completing the 1st two quests, and with the introduction of 5.1, I sincerely hope that u aren't able to progress more besides 10 or 25man either normal or hc mode

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by froxyyer View Post
    It's true that u can get sigils from LFR but that's only the 1st part of the quest where u'll earn the legendary gem to insert on a sha touched weapon. Since those weapons drop on LFR aswell, wouldn't make sense that u couldn't get the gem there aswell. After completing the 1st two quests, and with the introduction of 5.1, I sincerely hope that u aren't able to progress more besides 10 or 25man either normal or hc mode
    The only 2 other quests require you to get revered and collect 6000 valor points.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Does anyone know if the gems can be removed from the sha touched weapons once you socket them?
    Well, once you finish the quests, the Legenedary gems can be bought from Wrathion (or one of his associates). They are unique-equipped (1) though, so those of you who dual-wield got two choices:
    Find the non-Sha-Touched weapon of the same itemlevel to put in your OH (they all got gem sockets, making their total base stat value higher than the socket-less Sha-Touched, exact same DPS if same ilevel. This only applies for DW Frost DKs and SMF Warriors (the 1H Sword in Heart of Fear from Amber-Shaper Un'sok, and the 1H Sword from Terrace of Endless Spring from Sha of Fear).
    Deal with having an un-gemmed Sha-Touched weapon, cause it is still your BiS for off-hand, versus the one that is half a tier weaker. This applies for Rogues, Enhancement Shamans, and DW Windwalker or Brewmaster Monks.

The Sha-Touched socket has no actual statistical weight to the item's stat budget. Compare the 1H Str sword with the blue socket to the one with the Sha-Touched socket, and you'll see they got equal DPS, but the Sha-Touched has higher base Strength and secondary stats (the blue socket will tie it for Strength with a Str/Hit gem, and the total secondary stats will be higher than the Sha-Touched).
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post

Strongly disagree. I get FAR more sigils from LFR than normal/heroic atm, across 3 chars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    No, but you can buy more like Zero said. Data mining has hinted that the Sha-Touched weapons can be upgraded later on, which will wipe out the gem so you'll need to buy new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by froxyyer View Post
    LFR versions of raids drop weapons with Sha-Touched sockets, and the final quest to unlock the gems just says the kill the Sha of Fear and loot an item from him - doesn't specify a difficulty. It's a one person only item though, so it's not like every LFR run is going to yield legendary gems for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    The only 2 other quests require you to get revered and collect 6000 valor points.
    There's an upgraded version of the gem floating around the data files, so it's likely that the final Wrathion quest in 5.1 will somehow unlock the ability to buy better gems - it's probably the only legendary-related upgrade we'll see in 5.1, before getting new weapons in 5.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Strongly disagree. I get FAR more sigils from LFR than normal/heroic atm, across 3 chars.
    I believe that the drop-rates are simply higher in Normal / Heroic modes. While they're lower in LFR, those raids are much faster to blast through quickly. People who do both will, of course, have more chances to get more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    If you were a 25 man guild. 10 man guilds were significantly longer for their 1st staves, and the gaps widened for subsequent staves.
    That is true, but legendaries give a significant advantage at lesser numbers. Still think the time it took for 10 man was off in comparison to the number 25 man were getting, but a 10% dps increase on one person in a 10 man raid is a lot more meaningful than a 10% increase in a 25 man raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Flawless101 View Post
    10% dps increase on one person in a 10 man raid is a lot more meaningful than a 10% increase in a 25 man raid.
    So you're saying 5 pounds of feathers weighs more than 5 pounds of lead?

Deleted
    I believe that the drop-rates are simply higher in Normal / Heroic modes. While they're lower in LFR, those raids are much faster to blast through quickly. People who do both will, of course, have more chances to get more.
    Literally my entire guild got 80% or more of their Sigils from LFR. They hardly ever drop on normal, and I think we haven't gotten any sigils from our 10 heroic kills so far. That said, most of us have over 20 Sigils of Power already, so it's largely irrelevant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    So you're saying 5 pounds of feathers weighs more than 5 pounds of lead?
    It's a more significant gain in a 10 man environment on a per player basis.
    Last edited by mmoc5247e124b4; 2012-11-16 at 11:49 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Agreed. I got at least 18 sigils of power from lfr whereas only 7 ish from raids. Same for wisdom, 2 in raids and 7 in lfr. lol