10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uthar View Post
    which tank champion off hecarim, rammus ,nautilus or maokai should i buy? also should i buy fizz or nocturne for a assaion champion?
    Man... I'm assuming you jungle with those champions (except Fizz) to choose from. I would go for Maokai considering that he's looking not half bad going into Season 3. Fizz and Nocturne are weird choice to choose from, partly because Nocturne is a jungler and Fizz is not. Honestly if your'e considering anything, I'd go Maokai.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Fizz can jungle just fine. Just build him Bruiser instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hecarism while "tanky" I won't call him tank at all, Nocturne is not good since his ulti nerf + much better new champs, Fizz "can" work AD but it will be waste of his best role as AP, and he isn't good jungler too, can be countered easily, Rammus got nerfed and people ignore him for now (good but others are better), I'd say your real options Nautilus, Moaki, and Hecarism as effective junglers, both Moaki and Hecarism have deadly ganks, Hecarism for his sprint making warding near lane is danger (he can gank even if you spot him), and Moaki entangle+stun combo is deadly
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Deleted
    Since when is Nocturne not good anymore? Did his ulti nerf hurt him? Sure. But he is far from not good. He's quite good really.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Since when is Nocturne not good anymore? Did his ulti nerf hurt him? Sure. But he is far from not good. He's quite good really.
    Noct will be better in the new jungle. In fact, all Wriggle's using junglers will be better than their double GP/10 counterparts.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Noct will be better in the new jungle. In fact, all Wriggle's using junglers will be better than their double GP/10 counterparts.
    I just want to cry, Shaco meta again.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Cassiopeia or Zed? I have been looking for a new mid and planned on getting Cassiopeia, but then Zed was announced and now I'm torn. Is Zed decent in the games current state (pre Season 3 changes) or should I just play it safe and go with Cassiopeia?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ispamx View Post
    Cassiopeia or Zed? I have been looking for a new mid and planned on getting Cassiopeia, but then Zed was announced and now I'm torn. Is Zed decent in the games current state (pre Season 3 changes) or should I just play it safe and go with Cassiopeia?
    It's really hard to choose either one, since they are 2 completely diffrent roles; an assassin and a late game ap carry.
    I'd say get Zed since Cassiopeia is a risky champion to play, like Kog'maw. She needs to be protected if she wants to do alot of damage.
    She only has one way to stop someone from killing her (Ult), she has no escape where as Zed has one that works just like Flash.
    Zed should be in a good spot since his W passive is really nice (He gets 25% extra bonus AD from items).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Hecarism while "tanky" I won't call him tank at all, Nocturne is not good since his ulti nerf + much better new champs, Fizz "can" work AD but it will be waste of his best role as AP, and he isn't good jungler too, can be countered easily, Rammus got nerfed and people ignore him for now (good but others are better), I'd say your real options Nautilus, Moaki, and Hecarism as effective junglers, both Moaki and Hecarism have deadly ganks, Hecarism for his sprint making warding near lane is danger (he can gank even if you spot him), and Moaki entangle+stun combo is deadly
    Give Fizz a go. His mobility is insane, he has good ganks and clears fairly decently. You might be pleasantly surprised.

I just started playing a week ago and have been enjoying it so far. A friend recommended Garen to me and I find him fun, although to this point I've only played against bots to get to know the game better. On the forums however, I see people saying Garen is pretty bad, mostly because of the low skill cap, and I wonder if this is true? Is it worth going on with him or would I be better off finding a champion with higher potential? If change, any advice on a fitting champion?

I've tried a few other champions as well (Ryze, Vladimir, Elise, Jax, Fiddlesticks, Yorick), but I like Garen the most because of his seemingly good survivability, mobility and burst.
    Last edited by Livic; 2012-11-18 at 01:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireballzz
    WoW is dying pls send help

Quote Originally Posted by Livic View Post
    I just started playing a few days ago and have been enjoying it so far. A friend recommended Garen to me and I find him fun, although to this point I've only played against bots to get to know the game better. On the forums however, I see people saying Garen is pretty bad, mostly because of the low skill cap, and I wonder if this is true? Is it worth going on with him or would I be better off finding a champion with higher potential?
    Garen is fine after the buffs they gave to him a few months ago, there are just better choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Ispamx View Post
    Zed is kinda underwhelming atm, Talon is just strictly better, Cassiopeia is a good solo que pubstomper, but she is tough to play, if you can manage to land her Q well you can dominate most of the games.

For Garen, he got better with buffs, he is good to pick up for a melee toplaner since he is not that difficult to play, but he is just not that great in high level ranked.
    Last edited by Vvhooya; 2012-11-18 at 01:58 AM.

Will be missed ~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vvhooya View Post
    For Garen, he got better with buffs, he is good to pick up for a melee toplaner since he is not that difficult to play, but he is just not that great in high level ranked.
    He still has the problems that he had pre-rework, in that he's still vulnerable to being kited, and needs to build some damage items to actually do damage, while other bruisers can get away with building all tank items and can still deal good damage, i.e. Darius.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't have Sion, get him and learn to play him as an AP mid because he is one of those counter picks that works quite well against those pesky assassin mids. Never really played AP Sion until a ranked earlier today, I barely had any experience AP wise (have played him AD a few times but not in ranked). Saw the Kassadin pick and I thought, "well wouldn't Sion be a nice counterpick to that", went AP Sion and needless to say made my lane very easy. The only problem is watch the spell spam because your shield is the heart of your counter and timing it makes it amazing.

Just my way of saying buy him and learn to play him because he's causes stalemates mid.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Got a question related to the thread, though not exactly a champion choice. Didn't want to start a new thread for it, so:
    What runes should I buy next, in what order?
    Currently I have:
    Reds - Att speed, ArP, Mpen, Att Damage
    Yellows - Mana per 5, Armour, HP/lvl
    Blues - AP, MR, MR/lvl
    Quints - AP, Att Damage

I play pretty much all lanes, so what I need is diversity - which runes would you recommend next?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Got a question related to the thread, though not exactly a champion choice. Didn't want to start a new thread for it, so:
    What runes should I buy next, in what order?
    Currently I have:
    Reds - Att speed, ArP, Mpen, Att Damage
    Yellows - Mana per 5, Armour, HP/lvl
    Blues - AP, MR, MR/lvl
    Quints - AP, Att Damage

I play pretty much all lanes, so what I need is diversity - which runes would you recommend next?
    You might want to get Movement Speed Quints for some champions like a ap mid that can roam well or skarner/udyr, stuff like that.
    Armor Reds if you want a specific support page.
    Gold per 10 Quints, for support again.
    You could get armor penetration quints if you ever feel like going 25 armor penetration rune set.
    Other than that, you seem to be fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vvhooya View Post
    Zed is kinda underwhelming atm, Talon is just strictly better, Cassiopeia is a good solo que pubstomper, but she is tough to play, if you can manage to land her Q well you can dominate most of the games.

About Talon being better than Zed i must say i don't really agree... Talons only escape is in his ultimate..Their burst is kinda similar and Zed have better escape options. However for mediocre players Talon is better due to the fact he is easier to play well...

Deleted
    Sooo.. saving for a 6.3k champ.

I've been playing for a while, tho not consistently. Anyway, I feel the roles that suit me most are mid and adc.

I only really have one adc that I really like and that's Ezreal, but I'm getting a bit bored of him.

So I was looking at either Graves or Vayne, and they're both 6.3k respectively. I know Vayne has a weak lane phase, and a strong endgame, and is probably one of the hardest adc's to master, whereas Graves is just good allround, and a bit easier to play. But I have confidence in that I might learn Vayne and play well with her if I just spend some time with her.

Which one would you recommend, given I spend some time with either of them?

I only play draft pick normals and occasionally ranked if that makes any difference. Blind pick only if I play with a friend who only has a few champs.
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2012-11-19 at 09:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vayne if you know someone who can protect you, Graves for solo games
    What you prefer ? Vayne fed however is a lot better than Graves
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Livic View Post
    I just started playing a week ago and have been enjoying it so far. A friend recommended Garen to me and I find him fun, although to this point I've only played against bots to get to know the game better. On the forums however, I see people saying Garen is pretty bad, mostly because of the low skill cap, and I wonder if this is true? Is it worth going on with him or would I be better off finding a champion with higher potential? If change, any advice on a fitting champion?

I've tried a few other champions as well (Ryze, Vladimir, Elise, Jax, Fiddlesticks, Yorick), but I like Garen the most because of his seemingly good survivability, mobility and burst.
    If you started playing a week ago, play whatever you like. Yes, at high elo garen isn't optimal, but you won't reach high elo any time soon (even if you are pro material). Play garen if you like him, don't be afraid of changing champions, picking sub optimal picks etc. <lvl 30 is the time to learn. I would suggest to quit playing vs bots and just dive right in. You are gonna lose a lot, but better now than at level 30! Learn the ropes while playing with champions that you like.

When you reach 30 and have a better understanding of the game, then is the time to consider tier picks.

Also, without knowing how much you play, we can't offer good advice.Garen right now ain't 100% optimal. However, If you reach level 30 two months from now (as an example), he might have been buffed, or the new items of s3 could have made him even unbalanced (or outright nerfed him). LoL changes, so really, focus on learning and having fun for now.