Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The worst thing about coca cola and pepsi is the phosphoric acid which is fairly strong and needs to be labeled as corrosive to be transported anywhere (even for food). It will cause you more tooth problems than anything.

The verdict on high fructose corn syrup is up in the air still.

Notice things like sprite do not contain phosphoric acid but citric acid which will not bother your teeth at all comparatively. However, none of these drinks contain caffeine which is what a lot of people like when they drink soft drinks.

Also, caffeine is not bad for you at all except in large amounts or in the case of specific issues like allergies or high blood pressure. As far as I can tell it has not been labeled as any type of carcinogen either.
    Last edited by Nish77; 2012-11-16 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nish77 View Post
    The worst thing about coca cola and pepsi is the phosphoric acid which is fairly strong and needs to be labeled as corrosive to be transported anywhere (even for food). It will cause you more tooth problems than anything.

The verdict on high fructose corn syrup is up in the air still.
    Phospheric acid in colas doesn't do nearly as much tooth damage as the citric acid in those citrus sodas.

Incorrect. At least per my chem professor. I will look it up but the citric acid is not at all as bad for you. Phosphoric acid will strip the rust off of nails and is dangerous enough to be labeled as corrosive. Citric acid is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    The USA uses High Fructose Corn Syrup instead of Sugar. HFCS is pretty damn bad for you.
    There's not a whole lot of evidence that it's any better or worse than sugar.

And 1 liter is a whole meal? Not for me.. I eat about 2000-3000 calories per meal.. o.O

Quote Originally Posted by strangerdanger View Post

And 1 liter is a whole meal? Not for me.. I eat about 2000-3000 calories per meal.. o.O

3,000 calories per meal?

That's a whole days worth of food!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    420kCal is a meal? At 3 meals a day that makes 1260 calories, which is starvation.
    1260 from meals, then include any snacking between and beverages consumed. Pretty average and no where near starvation.

Quote Originally Posted by strangerdanger View Post

Do you have a very active lifestyle? Cause that is pretty much my recommended daily limit if I want to maintain my weight....

Deleted
    So because there's other shit that's worse, Cola isn't .. that .. bad?

Mindboggling way of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Ineras View Post
    Do you have a very active lifestyle? Cause that is pretty much my recommended daily limit if I want to maintain my weight....
    3000 per meal is beyond active. It's almost even beyond athlete.

For comparison, when I do my 165 mile bike rides I only burn about 5000 kCal.

3000 per meal is beyond active. It's almost even beyond athlete.
    Indeed, that's why I asked in case they were doing some weird training for something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ineras View Post
    Indeed, that's why I asked in case they were doing some weird training for something.
    You'd have to be like Michael Phelps to need that much.

I can eat 3,000 calories for the entire day and still gain weight.

How is he eating that much in 1 meal?

I don't understand the point of this thread, while we are all aware that coke is as healthy as eating candies I've never heard anyone saying it's the root of all evil or anything like that.

Anyway, In Germany they have vanilla coke (a little harder to find but they have it in the Netherlands too), I love it. Every time I go there I have to get some ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

You'd have to be like Michael Phelps to need that much.
    Shh, don't give away his secret MMO-Champ identity!

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 03:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by capitano666 View Post
    Anyway, In Germany they have vanilla coke (a little harder to find but they have it in the Netherlands too), I love it. Every time I go there I have to get some ^_^
    Aww, I miss vanilla coke; they stopped making it where I live.

Quote Originally Posted by dercaderca View Post
    Sugar is not good for you. At all.
    It is to an extent. But the amount in things like candy or sodas is far too high.
    There are good people in every corner of the planet. Unfortunately, the Earth is round.

Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    I can eat 3,000 calories for the entire day and still gain weight.

How is he eating that much in 1 meal?
    ~3500 calories is 1 lb. of body fat. Eating 8-9k a day is like eating 2.5 lbs. / 1.15 kg of body fat.

Yuck.

Deleted
    LOL, what a thread. Coke is bad but not as bad as some.

Yeh a pistols not as big as a shotgun, both equally dangerous.

Coke still falls under the category of syrupy, sugar filled and carbonated drinks. Just because it has "less" ingredients or has lower sugar/caffeine/etc than other cheaper/equivelant brands does nothing to detract from this.

Quote Originally Posted by Iracor View Post
    Soda is the number one source of added calories in people's diets, plain and simple.

If you drink soda on a regular basis, just try replacing every soda you drink with water instead and I guarantee you that you'll lose a noticeable amount of weight within a couple months.
    Doesn't even have to be water. I simply switched from water to diet soda and I've lost about 20 pounds in the last month and a half.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckd View Post
    LOL, what a thread. Coke is bad but not as bad as some.

Yeh a pistols not as big as a shotgun, both equally dangerous.

Coke still falls under the category of syrupy, sugar filled and carbonated drinks. Just because it has "less" ingredients or has lower sugar/caffeine/etc than other cheaper/equivelant brands does nothing to detract from this.
    Yes, the concept is very simple really.

Why are you having trouble with this statement. It is not as bad in comparison to some other sodas and drinks.
    It is still bad but in comparison it is lesser.

Really, nothing hard at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Yes, the concept is very simple really.

Why are you having trouble with this statement. It is not as bad in comparison to some other sodas and drinks.
    It is still bad but in comparison it is lesser.

Really, nothing hard at all.
    So what's the point of the thread again?