Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    I don't believe Netanyahu has ever said that he thinks that Iran has a plan to wage conventional war on Israel.
    It is the opposite, Netanyahu wants to attack Iran as soon as possible. I doubt that Iran will ever initiate a war of aggression against Israel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    1) Use of the nuke save more lives than it killed.
    *American lives

Quote Originally Posted by Era View Post
    2) You might want to explain that reasoning to the thousands of people who are still suffering from the aftermath of that bomb, they'll be pleased to listen.
    Guess what, there hasn't been harmful levels of radiation there for years.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 01:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMechatronGamer View Post
    *American lives
    And Japanese.

Seriously people, this is like 9th grade History here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debate_...ar_saved_lives

Read this and get back to me. All of you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Shouldnt we have to wait for them to actually make the bomb for it considered to be a wep of mass destruction? Wasnt that how the un treated iraq?
    Exactly, this whole thing is just a war propaganda to mark Iran as a villian to nuke it out.

They're not stupid, Iran know it's surronded. If they decided to attack somebody they'd wipe it out in less than a hour.

Unless they have a solid evidance that Iran is developing a nuclear weapon they have no justification to blow it up.
    Last edited by mmoc6e272995a4; 2012-11-16 at 08:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's invalid because we have foreign relations with Pakistan, whether you want to acknowledge them or not.
    And if someone ever decides to go nutjob on the nukes there, how will your foreign relations help exactly?

Deleted
    And Japanese.

Guess who writes the history books? The victors...

Deleted
    Then you cannot speak to the status of the troops.
    Yes I can, I work heavily alongside US forces, I know that they are stretched even thinner than our forces are. Do you know suicide rates are at an all time high in the US military? Long deployments and deploying too often is taking its toll. You think you can take and hold a third country in the same area with no serious issues?

And Japanese.

I don't know. I'm not military brass nor in the military intelligence business.
    Did you get promoted to military brass since page 1? Your speculating and trying to present it as fact

"Guess who writes the history books? The victors... "

The origins of the word say just that, history = His Story

Then you cannot speak to the status of the troops.
    There are soldiers of other nations involved in the Middle East you know? It isn't just the Americans going it on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMechatronGamer View Post
    Guess who writes the history books? The victors...
    Yes, that's why even the Japanese acknowledge it.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 01:52 PM ----------

Did you get promoted to military brass since page 1? Your speculating and trying to present it as fact
    No, I know basic history.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    It is the opposite, Netanyahu wants to attack Iran as soon as possible. I doubt that Iran will ever initiate a war of aggression against Israel.
    And why does Israel want to attack Iran? Because of the nuclear program. Advocating the completion of the Iranian nuclear program as a deterrent for a war that would be caused by the nuclear program doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

No, I know basic history.
    There is no history of it because it never happened

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been following this shitstorm for years now and honestly I'm at the point where China needs to cut ties and just fucking get rid of Iran. The UNSC has not done shit to stop Iran from becoming a bigger threat and the closest person that can reasonably deal with it is China. You do not want a fucking nation that supports terrorism to have nuclear power, especially when its veil is non-existent and is really being used for weapons. I would not shed a single tear if Iran was removed from maps.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Deleted

And Japanese.

"There is little point in attempting precisely to impute Japan's unconditional surrender to any one of the numerous causes which jointly and cumulatively were responsible for Japan's disaster. The time lapse between military impotence and political acceptance of the inevitable might have been shorter had the political structure of Japan permitted a more rapid and decisive determination of national policies. Nevertheless, it seems clear that, even without the atomic bombing attacks, air supremacy over Japan could have exerted sufficient pressure to bring about unconditional surrender and obviate the need for invasion."

From your own link, the bombing saving lives is not necessarily true, it is still open for debate.

Let them get one, not like they'll use it without being blown up, although according to Obama they are years away from making one.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

There is no history of it because it never happened
    Here's a quote for you:
    Historian Robert P. Newman concluded that each month that the war continued in 1945 would have produced the deaths of 'upwards of 250,000 people, mostly Asian but some Westerners.'"[27]
    In one more month of war with the Japanese, more would have been killed than the atomic bombs killed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    And why does Israel want to attack Iran? Because of the nuclear program. Advocating the completion of the Iranian nuclear program as a deterrent for a war that would be caused by nuclear program doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
    It isn't the only reason thought, Hamas and Hezbollah are two other reasons why Israel wants Iran off the game. Taking off the supplier is easier in this case then taking them off.

Deleted
    I would not shed a single tear if Iran was removed from maps.
    Then I'm pretty glad you're not the one in power.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    "There is little point in attempting precisely to impute Japan's unconditional surrender to any one of the numerous causes which jointly and cumulatively were responsible for Japan's disaster. The time lapse between military impotence and political acceptance of the inevitable might have been shorter had the political structure of Japan permitted a more rapid and decisive determination of national policies. Nevertheless, it seems clear that, even without the atomic bombing attacks, air supremacy over Japan could have exerted sufficient pressure to bring about unconditional surrender and obviate the need for invasion."

From your own link, the bombing saving lives is not necessarily true, it is still open for debate.
    Great job cherry-picking.

Here's your very own Winston Churchill:

“ There were those who considered that the atomic bomb should never have been used at all. I cannot associate myself with such ideas… I am surprised that very worthy people—but people who in most cases had no intention of proceeding to the Japanese front themselves—should adopt a position that rather than throw this bomb we should have sacrificed a million American and a quarter of a million British lives…

Winston Churchill, leader of the Opposition, in a speech to the British House of Commons, August 1945[7]
    Oh, but what did he know about the war?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    I've been following this shitstorm for years now and honestly I'm at the point where China needs to cut ties and just fucking get rid of Iran. The UNSC has not done shit to stop Iran from becoming a bigger threat and the closest person that can reasonably deal with it is China. You do not want a fucking nation that supports terrorism to have nuclear power, especially when its veil is non-existent and is really being used for weapons. I would not shed a single tear if Iran was removed from maps.
    Flashnews only aliens and terrorists live in Iran.