Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Elegon is a cock block and not tuned properly IMHO. We killed it in 3 nights but for a team that consistently ends up in the top 25% world (and a bunch top 3% for reg modes) I just think it's not tuned well. They could make it about 30% easier on all metrics and it would be properly done. They shouldn't require 10 people to be perfect for a reg mode OR just wait for LFR to outgear these people until it IS 30% easier. I talk about it a bunch here and then tell our other two teams who are both stuck on Elegon a bunch of tips that will hopefully get them over the hump this week. Hope it helps my man.

Elegon was the only even slightly difficult 10 man boss. But everyone outgears it now and we start hc progress on him tonight but im not expecting much of a challenge.

Elegon was only completed (6 weeks in) by 38% of guilds. For me, that's just a bit too tuned to be happy with. 6 weeks in and 60% of ALL guilds are still stuck on him!?!?? and then those that killed it, 90% killed the last boss the same week! He's either out of order or severely overtuned.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 04:38 PM ----------

Although I commend your progress and skill. To say it was "slightly difficult" since you're in a guild that is working on a boss tonight that only 3% of guilds have killed. I understand your perspective but it's one that is not common. Again congrats on your team and skill but it's nowhere near the norm.

H: Stone Guard: 4838 (16.65%)
    H: Feng the Accursed: 3163 (10.88%)
    H: Gara'jal the Spiritbinder: 1514 (5.21%)
    H: Four Kings: 568 (1.95%)
    H: Elegon: 935 (3.22%)
    H: Will of the Emperor: 367 (1.26%)

Quote Originally Posted by jfragment View Post
    Elegon is a cock block and not tuned properly IMHO. We killed it in 3 nights but for a team that consistently ends up in the top 25% world (and a bunch top 3% for reg modes) I just think it's not tuned well. They could make it about 30% easier on all metrics and it would be properly done. They shouldn't require 10 people to be perfect for a reg mode OR just wait for LFR to outgear these people until it IS 30% easier. I talk about it a bunch here and then tell our other two teams who are both stuck on Elegon a bunch of tips that will hopefully get them over the hump this week. Hope it helps my man.
    The video was definitely worth the watch thanks for posting it for anyone that may need it

Quote Originally Posted by Koncerned View Post
    My guild is 4/6 MSV on 10man Normal, we managed to down the first 4 bosses after either a day or two at most, we even downed spiritbinder and kings the same night in very few attempts, and now have them on farm of course. We've been stuck on Elegon for a couple weeks now (raiding 3hrs twice a week usually, sometimes an extra day or two if people are able to make it) at this point its just getting frustrating and I feel like we're pounding our heads into a wall.

Our raid setup is 2 Tanks: Blood DK/Warrior, 6 DPS: Frost dk (Myself) 2x fire mages, a boomkin, an affliction lock, an elemental shaman and 2 healers: Holy Paladin, Resto druid

We started off getting 40% wipes because of enrage but have now gotten to the point where we get it to 9%-12%ish and wipe because we simply run out of raid cooldowns and die to the amount of AOE damage, this being said I have a few questions that may seem very basic however I have looked around and just want to clear up any confusion I may have.

1. How many Celestial Protectors should we be getting to during the 2nd phase one (where you burn from ~80% to 50%) We get to 85 pretty easily with 2 celestial protectors like we are supposed to but It just feels like we are getting too many during the 2nd phase one despite having 50% increased damage. Also along with the protectors I am a DK, so I stay on the boss during the 1st celestial and just AMS the Annihilation, I then switch to the 2nd protector so that I can drop my stacks (im usually at around 12-15 stacks at this point due to AMS'ing the first) and also drop AMZ one the raid to nullify as much of the annihilation damage as possible. On the 2nd Phase 1 Im alternating every other protector, AMS the first Annihilate, Switch, clear stacks and drop zone if I have it up. This may be important, but we have an Affliction lock and a boomkin on the protector, except for when I DPS it to clear stacks/zone the raid then its me and the boomkin.

2. The Orbs, we should be downing 4 and 4 correct? Dpsing during the 5th set as to maximize DPS but still get the 10 stacks in the end. We have an Affliction lock/Me/ele sham on one side, and 2 firemages/boomkin on the other, the tanks each float on a side helping where it may be needed as do I.

3. The sparks that spawn after the cylinder, what should be done with them exactly? Burst them down as soon as they spawn? Pull them to a stack point and Freeze them/Aoe Them? Pull them on top of the boss and Cleave/aoe them? At the moment we are doing our best to down all 6 cylinders at about the same time to reduce adds and then having a warrior tank drop some sort of banner than draws aggro and then all running to the start point (the thing that you click to start the encounter) I then do my best to remorseless winter them due to the fact that the if I go ape shit with howling blast I INSTANTLY get aggro on the sparks and fall over, which is why I don't dps them as soon as they spawn.

4. For the 3rd Phase, the sparks should be tanked on top of the boss for cleave/aoe as well as the raid stacking for aoe healing correct? Or should we have the sparks down before the floor is even back up and we have to worry about stacking? Also in this phase we aren't resetting stacks at all, and I'm not even sure if that is the correct thing to do, should we reset stacks once in phase 3? It seems like the running out to reset stacks would make use wipe to enrage as it is already pretty close, even on the 9% wipes. We are using everything in phase 3 aswell, healing tide totem, offspec tranq from bookin, tranq from resto druid, and my anti-magic zone yet we still seem to run out of cooldowns and simply die because of the amount of raid damage going out.

I think its pretty obvious that we are wiping because of DPS issues, that being said I just wanted to clear up the things I mentioned above just to make sure we are doing it correctly, or if we aren't so that I know and we could change the strat and possibly down the boss. Also for anyone who actually read all of this, thanks in advance and sorry for such a long post.
    Hey! My guild does 6-5 for orbs! We don't reset stacks while killing orbs during that phase also on last phase we drag the adds to platform and we stun kill them before we get on the boss and we don't reset stacks we blow hero right away after adds are dead. You mentioned having a warrior tank? Is he using execute with zerker stance when not tanking? Demo banner and rally cry below 30%

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 11:05 PM ----------

My guild is 4/6 MSV on 10man Normal, we managed to down the first 4 bosses after either a day or two at most, we even downed spiritbinder and kings the same night in very few attempts, and now have them on farm of course. We've been stuck on Elegon for a couple weeks now (raiding 3hrs twice a week usually, sometimes an extra day or two if people are able to make it) at this point its just getting frustrating and I feel like we're pounding our heads into a wall.

Our raid setup is 2 Tanks: Blood DK/Warrior, 6 DPS: Frost dk (Myself) 2x fire mages, a boomkin, an affliction lock, an elemental shaman and 2 healers: Holy Paladin, Resto druid

We started off getting 40% wipes because of enrage but have now gotten to the point where we get it to 9%-12%ish and wipe because we simply run out of raid cooldowns and die to the amount of AOE damage, this being said I have a few questions that may seem very basic however I have looked around and just want to clear up any confusion I may have.

1. How many Celestial Protectors should we be getting to during the 2nd phase one (where you burn from ~80% to 50%) We get to 85 pretty easily with 2 celestial protectors like we are supposed to but It just feels like we are getting too many during the 2nd phase one despite having 50% increased damage. Also along with the protectors I am a DK, so I stay on the boss during the 1st celestial and just AMS the Annihilation, I then switch to the 2nd protector so that I can drop my stacks (im usually at around 12-15 stacks at this point due to AMS'ing the first) and also drop AMZ one the raid to nullify as much of the annihilation damage as possible. On the 2nd Phase 1 Im alternating every other protector, AMS the first Annihilate, Switch, clear stacks and drop zone if I have it up. This may be important, but we have an Affliction lock and a boomkin on the protector, except for when I DPS it to clear stacks/zone the raid then its me and the boomkin.

2. The Orbs, we should be downing 4 and 4 correct? Dpsing during the 5th set as to maximize DPS but still get the 10 stacks in the end. We have an Affliction lock/Me/ele sham on one side, and 2 firemages/boomkin on the other, the tanks each float on a side helping where it may be needed as do I.

3. The sparks that spawn after the cylinder, what should be done with them exactly? Burst them down as soon as they spawn? Pull them to a stack point and Freeze them/Aoe Them? Pull them on top of the boss and Cleave/aoe them? At the moment we are doing our best to down all 6 cylinders at about the same time to reduce adds and then having a warrior tank drop some sort of banner than draws aggro and then all running to the start point (the thing that you click to start the encounter) I then do my best to remorseless winter them due to the fact that the if I go ape shit with howling blast I INSTANTLY get aggro on the sparks and fall over, which is why I don't dps them as soon as they spawn.

4. For the 3rd Phase, the sparks should be tanked on top of the boss for cleave/aoe as well as the raid stacking for aoe healing correct? Or should we have the sparks down before the floor is even back up and we have to worry about stacking? Also in this phase we aren't resetting stacks at all, and I'm not even sure if that is the correct thing to do, should we reset stacks once in phase 3? It seems like the running out to reset stacks would make use wipe to enrage as it is already pretty close, even on the 9% wipes. We are using everything in phase 3 aswell, healing tide totem, offspec tranq from bookin, tranq from resto druid, and my anti-magic zone yet we still seem to run out of cooldowns and simply die because of the amount of raid damage going out.

I think its pretty obvious that we are wiping because of DPS issues, that being said I just wanted to clear up the things I mentioned above just to make sure we are doing it correctly, or if we aren't so that I know and we could change the strat and possibly down the boss. Also for anyone who actually read all of this, thanks in advance and sorry for such a long post.
    Hey! My guild does 6-5 for orbs! We don't reset stacks while killing orbs during that phase also on last phase we drag the adds to platform and we stun kill them before we get on the boss and we don't reset stacks we blow hero right away after adds are dead. You mentioned having a warrior tank? Is he using execute with zerker stance when not tanking? Demo banner and rally cry below 30%

The video was definitely worth the watch thanks for posting it for anyone that may need it
    Very cool of you to say. Totally worth doing if at least one person is helped. Thanks bud!

1st round - 2 adds
    2nd round - 3 adds

About the balls, 4-4 is killable but it would be rather tight, so go for at least 4-5 or 5-4

Elegon is all about DPS so squeeze your DPSers until they explode