Page 28 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Thats not enough troops at all, I would want 5 times those numbers.
    OK, I'll trust your experience then.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I've heard 16,000, I've heard 30,000 and now 45,000. Seems like 45,000 would be a bit excessive to subdue an area only 365 km^2, where the vast majority of people are unarmed civilians, but what do I know? I'm just an unarmed civilian myself.
    i´ve read 16.000 in the morning, now in the news it was 45.000
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    It is necessary to get the right patriotic delirium in the minds of the people to the upcoming Israel election, take that unpatriotic peace loving leftist... Benjamin Netanyahu is a skilled politician (and ruthless)

Deleted
    Unconfirmed reports at work tell me that an F16 was shot down, HAMAS are now shelling the area it crashed to stop the IDF reaching it. Any conformation on this or are they talking bullshit as usual?

10+ Year Old Account
    Unconfirmed reports at work tell me that an F16 was shot down, HAMAS are now shelling the area it crashed to stop the IDF reaching it. Any conformation on this or are they talking bullshit as usual?
    Google News isn't carrying it from any sources yet. Could just be the press needing to get confirmation before printing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valort View Post
    But thanks to it, you're all forgetting Syria keeps murdering its own people. The leader of Hamas sits in Syria. Sometimes people try too hard to find the circumference of a circle and simply forget how to do 1+1
    If you think that Assad is bad just wait when (or if) the rebels takeover. You will probably have Hamas V2 against you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    Very true. Let's play "who's occupying, destroying, starving, degrading and massacring who"

Winner: Israel. They're not victims.

Neither are the people of Palestine.. and as long as Hamas wants to use civilians as humans shields... so be it..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    Neither are the people of Palestine.. and as long as Hamas wants to use civilians as humans shields... so be it..
    They are the definition of victimhood.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    If you think that Assad is bad just wait when (or if) the rebels takeover. You will probably have Hamas V2 against you.
    There will probably be multiple Hamases fighting each other for power in the country wrecked by war at the end. If this war will even end.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    BBC are saying upto 75,000 now.

Well if that's true then it certainly seems like something's about to go down soon. I doubt anything will happen with the Egyptian PM there, but you never know. I shouldn't think Israel will care too much for a person to supports Hamas and openly speaks out against Israeli 'aggression' as if it's unjustified.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kalyyn is known for these sort of posts, take it with a pinch of salt.
    This is true.

Deleted
    So let me put this straight. Netanyahu ran to his underground bunker because Hamas fired 3 Fasjr-5 missiles ? wow, just imagine what he will do when Iran is going to invade Israel with it's 6 million soldiers and when Hezbollah is going to pour rain with 100.000 intercontinental ballistic missiles.

Poor jews. They will become the biggest parking lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellermanv View Post
    So let me put this straight. Netanyahu ran to his underground bunker because Hamas fired 3 Fasjr-5 missiles ? wow, just imagine what he will do when Iran is going to invade Israel with it's 6 million soldiers and when Hezbollah is going to pour rain with 100.000 intercontinental ballistic missiles.

100,000 ICBM's. Lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've heard 16,000, I've heard 30,000 and now 45,000. Seems like 45,000 would be a bit excessive to subdue an area only 365 km^2, where the vast majority of people are unarmed civilians, but what do I know? I'm just an unarmed civilian myself.
    45k seems quite low for an all out ground campaign as well, seems that I read somewhere (dont quote me on this FFS) that it would take about 200k to reasonably take Gaza, unless of course you bombed the hell out if it first.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellermanv View Post

Yep, nobody's ever said that before. Empty Arab threats are so incredibly empty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    Right. Except Palestine didn't have their land conquered, they had their land given away, which means it was stolen. Plus the UN doesn't allow for wars of conquest anymore, which is why Israel has been constantly attacked by the organisation.
    Seems you have forgotten your history, and are too intractably against remembering it.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Almost daily rockets hit Israel, here's a list for 2012: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...n_Israel,_2012

You can argue that Arabs that moved out of Israel so that Egypt+others wipe it off the map and have one more country there, are somehow victimized, but what if Indian reservations kept shooting at land around them? It's a silly argument, there are bad terrorists in there, and so Israelis have a right to defend themselves.

here's how terrorists fight, and how idf fights:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
    Almost daily rockets hit Israel, here's a list for 2012: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...n_Israel,_2012

You can argue that Arabs that moved out of Israel so that Egypt+others wipe it off the map and have one more country there, are somehow victimized, but what if Indian reservations kept shooting at land around them? It's a silly argument, there are bad terrorists in there, and so Israelis have a right to defend themselves.

here's how terrorists fight, and how idf fights:
    Is that a string operated mortar?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    45k seems quite low for an all out ground campaign as well, seems that I read somewhere (dont quote me on this FFS) that it would take about 200k to reasonably take Gaza, unless of course you bombed the hell out if it first.
    Seems incredible to me that you'd need 547 soldiers per square kilometer to take control of an area that's primarily civilian population, but if Rich says you need that many, I'll go along, since he's a soldier and I'm not.

Deleted
    Seems incredible to me that you'd need 547 soldiers per square kilometer to take control of an area that's primarily civilian population, but if Rich says you need that many, I'll go along, since he's a soldier and I'm not.
    Civilians panic, loot, go crazy or help the enemy. You will have 2 sides to fight, Hamas and your own people. Think you could control a place like new york with 500 soldiers per square kilometer with enemy forces shelling you? fuck, I said they would need 5 times the amount of troops, make that 20.