Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

FBI Shoots Up House in 'No-knock' Raid

“They almost hit my daughter, man,” says Emory Hughley. “If I hadn’t told her to go back in her room they probably would have shot her.”

Hughley says he was asleep in the basement when he heard a bang at the front door. His 18-year-old daughter Myasia was upstairs in her room with two friends who were spending the night. Around 6 a.m. he says he came up to the living room and saw 15 FBI SWAT agents coming inside, guns drawn.

“I’m shouting ‘Nobody is armed, nobody has a gun!’ and then all of a sudden I heard ‘She’s got a gun!’ and they just opened fire,” he says.

Hughley says he looked up and saw his daughter standing outside her bedroom in the hallway. Then he heard gunfire.

“I’ve got eight holes in my wall. One bullet went past my head, almost hit me, ricocheted off my brick wall and some of the shrap metal hit my little daughter in the back of her neck, all for nothing.” says Hughley.

Myasia was treated at a local hospital for a flesh wound and released. The Hughley’s say none of them were armed an in fact, none of them own guns. They were never told why their home was raided.
    http://www.wjla.com/articles/2012/11...rch-82121.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    We have a bunch of redneck yahoos that like to set them off in the cul de sac where I live, and 60% of their shit ends up in our yard or on our house. Not infracted
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocarbs View Post
    We have a bunch of obnoxious wetbacks that like to play their mariachi music where I live and nearly all their family ends up parking in our yard. Infracted

Stay classy, FBI.

Fucking hell. I'm sorry I have nothing against gay people getting married but the increasing prevalence of a police state in America is a bigger concern of mine than them getting a honeymoon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Stay classy, FBI.

Fucking hell. I'm sorry I have nothing against gay people getting married but the increasing prevalence of a police state in America is a bigger concern of mine than them getting a honeymoon.
    What has that got to do with them getting raided?

10+ Year Old Account
    They should have at least informed them on the reason for almost killing them.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    What has that got to do with them getting raided?
    On the surface? Nothing. Gay marriage is dominating the American media and, as such, the American people's minds. Wouldn't you agree that the presence of a police state is more pressing?

10+ Year Old Account
    On the surface? Nothing. Gay marriage is dominating the American media and, as such, the American people's minds. Wouldn't you agree that the presence of a police state is more pressing?
    I'm more concerned with euthanasia laws, though I suppose we're all inclined to care more about things that affect us personally.

OT: What the hell, FBI. Ease up on the trigger finger.

I am willing to bet that the raid was over them thinking that drugs were in the house.

The whole "lets break in the house" tactic doesn't work very well and almost always ends up with someone getting hurt or killed for no reason.

It's also amazing that the person can yell "No one is armed, No one has a gun!" and the FBI responds with SHE HAS A GUN!!!!!"

Sounds like a bunch of morons who want a reason to shoot people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, hopefully the court case will get the warrant made public(they should be anyway) because this makes a whole lot of no sense.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could have been them getting the house number wrong. Wouldn't be the first time that's happened.

Strange site. Was going to say that swinging a knife when the FBI storms in isn't the smartest thing to do, but it turns out the video has nothing to do with the article...

A lot of things could have happened. If the FBI stormed in expecting armed people and the daughter made a strange move, they could've interpreted that as her having a gun. Wrong house sounds like the most likely explanation.

This would never have happened if J Edgar was still around.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    This would never have happened if J Edgar was still around.
    what, the raid or the public finding out about the raid? lol

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    what, the raid or the public finding out about the raid? lol
    He would have covered it up with a sexy party.

Deleted
    Well, last time this happened I remember it was at midnight and the guy actually had a gun as he didn't know it was the police. Now people didn't even have guns... trigger happy. Seriously, I said it before, USA is turning more and more into a police state. It's quite sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Well, last time this happened I remember it was at midnight and the guy actually had a gun as he didn't know it was the police. Now people didn't even have guns... trigger happy. Seriously, I said it before, USA is turning more and more into a police state. It's quite sad.
    Wouldn't be as bad if gun regulations were more strict, and they wouldn't enter every situation having to make the assumption that there is weapons inside the home. But that's not really a "new development."

Wouldn't be as bad if gun regulations were more strict, and they wouldn't enter every situation having to make the assumption that there is weapons inside the home. But that's not really a "new development."
    Except if you are raiding a house you expect to be filled with criminals you should also expect them to have weapons even if those weapons are illegal. Criminals don't care about the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    Except if you are raiding a house you expect to be filled with criminals you should also expect them to have weapons even if those weapons are illegal. Criminals don't care about the law.
    Is there a problem with 10 year old criminals these days that I'm not aware of? This isn't far off from how Waco happened...

I'm not trying to be funny on purpose here, I just don't recall the last time I ever heard of the RCMP or local police busting down a door of a home in Canada (where getting firearms is significantly more difficult) and shooting up the place.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2012-11-17 at 12:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gun regulations won't do shit.

If they're raiding an actual criminal location, then there's a good chance there will be guns regardless of the law.

The only regulations we need are ones that make sure the FBI get their shit straight before blowing down doors and shooting things.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Is there a problem with 10 year old criminals these days that I'm not aware of? This isn't far off from how Waco happened...
    The girl was 18, aka fully grown, and there are plenty of criminals that young. Also Im sure they were trying to raid a house other than this one, one that belonged to drug dealers, gang members, other violent criminals otherwise there would have been no reason to have a SWAT team. They don't send SWAT to arrest unarmed non-violent criminals.

Also its totally different from Waco. At Waco you had a group of crazy people that actually had guns and had killed ATF agents when they came to confiscate those illegal weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Not really? Whatever state your police might be in, it can't result in more than 10% of the population of America getting accidentally killed or something, while 10% is pretty much the percentage of people that are personally affected by gay marriage. Not that i know what kind of gay marriage discussions are going on in America right now, but yeah, what does that have to do with this specific issue at all?