Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    Currently BS/LW are the strongest professions.

BS allows for secondary stat stacking while LW has a whole +10 Primary stat increase over every other profession.
    As of 5.0.5, all the 170 primary stat bracer enchants are +180 (the spellbook enchant tooltip does not reflect this, but the on-item tooltip does), so leatherworking no longer has that slight advantage.

But Blacksmithing undoubtedly has the most flexibility and is the wisest choice in looking towards the future when MoP epic gems come out. In Wrath, they buffed JC gems accordingly to match the increase in epic gems. In Cata, they did not. Either way, Blacksmithing's perk will increase from epic gems. The other professions probably won't.

Didn't see anyone else stating it in this thread. But you can only have 2 JC exclusive gems this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Valex View Post
    The next best one is probably Blacksmith, with the extra sockets its really good now and will only get better as the expac goes on with epic gems ect. JC is the worst atm.
    JC worse than mining ? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    As of 5.0.5, all the 170 primary stat bracer enchants are +180 (the spellbook enchant tooltip does not reflect this, but the on-item tooltip does), so leatherworking no longer has that slight advantage.
    Ahh, nice to know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    If you're wanting to min/max:

Casters = BS+Tailoring

Non-Caster dps = BS+Engineering

Tanks = BS+JC or BS+LW, depending on whether you want to stack pure mastery or pure stamina
    Is mining no longer good for tanks, or just not as good?

I don't see how JC is "the worst" as you still get a 320 stat bonus at the moment.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    I don't see how JC is "the worst" as you still get a 320 stat bonus at the moment.
    Because if you are a class that values secondary stats over primary (tanks, for instance) you only gain +320 secondary stats through JC gems. Blacksmiths gain +640.

If you value primary over secondary, it's not really a concern. Until epic gems come out. If they don't buff JC gems, JC becomes the worst perk, blacksmithing becomes the best, and all the rest stay the same, in the middle of those two.

So if you're choosing between one or the other now, and your main concern is flexibility in your perk (and no chance at being shafted come epic gems), pick BS.

I would steer clear of JC, and prefer BS. Also tailoring used to be slightly better at least for INT users, but that seems to have changed.

Other than that all crafting professions are equal.

Deleted
    Engineering is probably a good one mate

---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 12:23 AM ----------

Althought BS is quite good

from EJ (dk forum):

Engineering is the top profession due to its 1920 Strength bonus to gloves for 10 seconds every minute (320 strength average passive) which lines up nicely with Pillar of Frost. Leatherworking gives 330 Strength. Alchemy, Enchanting, Blacksmithing, and Inscription are all on par giving 320 Strength.

Blacksmithing/Engineering/Tailoring
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    For pvp engineering and blacksmithing for double 320 pvppower gems.

This for any class

Deleted
    Engy and BS overall !

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    If you're wanting to min/max:

Casters = BS+Tailoring

Non-Caster dps = BS+Engineering

Tanks = BS+JC or BS+LW, depending on whether you want to stack pure mastery or pure stamina
    Actually, most druids are stacking crit, not mastery or stam. There are also many paladins stacking haste. It's not ONLY mastery or stam stacking these days. But you are correct on the professions. BS + JC is for stacking a stat other than stamina. BS + LW is for stacking stamina. Although for stamina stacking you can also use enchanting or inscription or JC instead of BS. But LW will give you by far the biggest boost to stamina.

Deleted
    Engineering all the way, Bs also very nice. Although I am fond of JC too!

10+ Year Old Account
    Another often unsaid thing about engineering is the rocket belt. If you need to travel to the boss (platform switching on Imperial bug or tornado gauntlet on Blade lord) you can possibly get a lot more uptime on the boss (assuming they don't backfire....they usually don't). Other professions don't provide utility like that.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tronux View Post
    For pvp engineering and blacksmithing for double 320 pvppower gems.

This for any class
    Are there pvppower/resil cogwheels?

Quote Originally Posted by Campechano View Post
    Are there pvppower/resil cogwheels?
    No, I don't think so. Engi's just strong in PvP because of the utility more than anything.

It's kind of screwy but I think the answer is Engi/BS for most classes and Engi/LW for those that don't benefit from the secondary stats BS may provide, like mine, and for those who actually benefit from LW, which is (some at least) of the physical dps classes. The reason for LW being better over BS for some classes is not because of the bracer enchant thing but because of drums of speed, which only about one in a million people even use. Doesn't really apply to you in this case, but still. In the end, if you aren't fully min/maxing it really doesn't matter which two you use.