So, more DBZ math. I went to a math instructor to figure out if I could make some headway on a certain problem. Specifically, I'm trying to figure out, for any given power level, how fast in MPH a character can move. The long and short of it is I don't really have a solution yet, and given the current data, it may be impossible. But I now understand how to solve the problem, and what I need to do so.

With a power level of about 950, Goku moves across Snake Way at ~245 MPH. With a power level of 8000, he moves across Snake Way at ~13018 MPH. This is the simple stuff, basically just division based on how much time each journey took him. These numbers aren't exact, but it's close enough for me to not care about splitting hairs. I wanted to see, if based on this information, if it's possible to figure out MPH for any power level.

The math instructor said that this basically has to be graphed. Since it's clearly non-linear. The problem is, with just the points (950,245),(8000,13018) it's not possible to graph. Because obviously, those form a straight line, so you can't see how the line will curve, which means you can't determine a function for it. I could probably get a somewhat accurate third point for a power level of 5, since that is equal to the speed that an average person could run, but I was told many more points would be needed. The instructor speculated that it could be a natural logarithm, which would make it PL=y07050k but the instructor noted that is a huge assumption and is just as likely to be entirely wrong as it is to be accurate.

In some cases speed is separate from power level.

Idk if this applies but Trunks increases his power level to that greater then Cell, but loses speed.

Also Burter is the fastest member of the Ginyu Force but does not have the highest power level.

There may be some correlation between power and speed but I don't think you'll ever find something concrete.

Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post
    In some cases speed is separate from power level.

Idk if this applies but Trunks increases his power level to that greater then Cell, but loses speed.

Also Burter is the fastest member of the Ginyu Force but does not have the highest power level.

There may be some correlation between power and speed but I don't think you'll ever find something concrete.
    Well, Burter was the self proclaimed fastest member of the Ginyu Force. There's little evidence to support that claim. Especially since Goku was so fast Burter couldn't even see him when he moved, even without powering up. Yet Captain Ginyu kept up with him pretty well before he used the Kaio Ken.

And Trunks was a special case. Specifically, that was the product of the Ultra Super Saiyan form. And his power level was not even close to Cell's no matter how you slice it. Perfect Cell was just toying with him.

And in every other case in the series, the fighter with the higher power level has had the speed advantage. Goku even mentioned this as a significant measurement for overall power in the Cell Games. When he was trying to convince Gohan that he's stronger than himself, Goku asked Gohan if there was any point where he couldn't follow Cell and his movements. It's not just a correlation, the two have been shown to be virtually interchangeable.

many of you have the star wars complex, you're judging the show while forgetting that it was made for kids

We all know how this fight would turn out.
    Last edited by XImpossibruX; 2012-11-17 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yyil View Post
    many of you have the star wars complex, you're judging the show while forgetting that it was made for kids
    It's actually not made for kids, more of teenagers. Many of the scenes are too mature for kids shows, (people getting cut in half) and show too much blood.

That's not the point though. I don't care if it's made for adults, teens, or 2 year olds, I will never give up DBZ math. It's a way of life for me. I'm not forgetting anything.

Also, random thing. I've been watching the Buu saga, and right now I'm up to the point where Kid Buu shows up. I noticed something kind of odd during Vegito's fight with Super Buu. Super Buu conjured a huge ball of energy, after which he said that whenever he destroys a planet he absorbs a tiny bit of its energy, and that this energy ball is the culmination of eons of destruction. That can't be right though, because Buu was born in the 5 million before age, and a few years later he was sealed in his ball and then Supreme Kai killed Bibidi. Even more strange, Old Kai knew who Buu was, despite being sealed in the Z sword more than 65 million years before Buu was born.

I looked up the definition of the word eon, and it either means an infinite period of time, or 1 billion years. So no matter how you slice it, the DBZ universe is not even 1 eon old, yet Super Buu claimed to have been causing destruction for multiple eons. Continuity error? Possibly. It's also possible we understand Majin Buu's origins even less than I thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    old kai knows everything maybe similar creatures existed in the past

I mean he knew what ss4 was and didnt give a shit how strong it was

then again he may just be an old guy who does not give a shit about anything

Maybe buu just isnt very good at math. He can't have it all :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, we already think that "galaxy" means something different in this universe, we can maybe assume "eon" means something different as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Laurcus, your first mistake was assuming the Buu saga makes sense to begin with. It doesn't. We have people that are so powerful in candy form that Buu transforms them back because they are somehow easier to fight with arms and legs. I'm at the same place you are, trying to force myself to finish.

Also, go Goku! Kick Superman's ass.
    Last edited by Letmesleep; 2012-11-17 at 04:11 AM.

Buu was created by Bibidi, right? Maybe he was created via use of an ancient creature's remnants (fossil, etc), and instead of it being a brand-new creature, Buu was just "reincarnated." This could explain the time differences, I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    Buu was created by Bibidi, right? Maybe he was created via use of an ancient creature's remnants (fossil, etc), and instead of it being a brand-new creature, Buu was just "reincarnated." This could explain the time differences, I guess.
    that could be a possibility

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    dat awkward moment when dabura exposes ur love
    More like Dabroa

Quote Originally Posted by yyil View Post
    Japanese kids. American television standards require you to neuter a show before it can go on cable tv without being on at some ungodly hour.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account

I dunno some american t.v shows have some dark elements

in transformers animated..... ratchet suffers through a very accurate portrayal of PTSD, Bubblebee falsly accused wasp of being a spy leading to wsp being imprisoned/tortured/abused for millions of years leading to hizzzzz innnzzzaannnniitttiiizzzzzzzzz, Starscream has clones based off aspects of his personality with the girl one being "dont ask"

dont even get me started on prime..... that show is dark
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2012-11-17 at 05:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    It's actually not made for kids, more of teenagers. Many of the scenes are too mature for kids shows, (people getting cut in half) and show too much blood.

That's not the point though. I don't care if it's made for adults, teens, or 2 year olds, I will never give up DBZ math. It's a way of life for me. I'm not forgetting anything.

Also, random thing. I've been watching the Buu saga, and right now I'm up to the point where Kid Buu shows up. I noticed something kind of odd during Vegito's fight with Super Buu. Super Buu conjured a huge ball of energy, after which he said that whenever he destroys a planet he absorbs a tiny bit of its energy, and that this energy ball is the culmination of eons of destruction. That can't be right though, because Buu was born in the 5 million before age, and a few years later he was sealed in his ball and then Supreme Kai killed Bibidi. Even more strange, Old Kai knew who Buu was, despite being sealed in the Z sword more than 65 million years before Buu was born.

I looked up the definition of the word eon, and it either means an infinite period of time, or 1 billion years. So no matter how you slice it, the DBZ universe is not even 1 eon old, yet Super Buu claimed to have been causing destruction for multiple eons. Continuity error? Possibly. It's also possible we understand Majin Buu's origins even less than I thought.
    Whoa.

Dude.

Last edited by Chip Zvarri; 2012-11-17 at 05:50 AM.
    FC: 4441-9848-5442 (If you want any gen 1-6 starter, PM me or ask on steam)

10+ Year Old Account

Supreme Kai looked really creepy before we found out he was a useless god.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait so I heard there's a DBZ sequel to begin in 2013, is this true? Challenge of the Gods or something

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post

This is why you can't put any stock into the dub.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

I dunno some american t.v shows have some dark elements

in transformers animated..... ratchet suffers through a very accurate portrayal of PTSD, Bubblebee falsly accused wasp of being a spy leading to wsp being imprisoned/tortured/abused for millions of years leading to hizzzzz innnzzzaannnniitttiiizzzzzzzzz, Starscream has clones based off aspects of his personality with the girl one being "dont ask"

dont even get me started on prime..... that show is dark
    It's certainly gotten better over the years. But look at shows like Yugioh or One Piece and their adventure in "Lul-calization" as Abridged Kaiba put it.

I'd also like to take the time and say Transformers Prime is great.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    It's certainly gotten better over the years. But look at shows like Yugioh or One Piece and their adventure in "Lul-calization" as Abridged Kaiba put it.

I'd also like to take the time and say Transformers Prime is great.

next seasons gunna be boss more boss than dirt boss...... predaking that is all

as for dbz

YES THER WILL BE A NEW MOVIE GUY!