Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Daily elites getting the best of me

I am Arms specced and at the moment the best gear I have is the crafted PvP set (I have not done any dungeons yet).

I find some of the final elite bosses from the Golden Lotus dailies quite difficult to kill. Some are easier than others, but today I just could not kill Cracklefang. His AoE thingie takes about half my HP away every time it catches me.

I also find it impossible to kill most of the rares out in the world.

Is anybody else having problems with elites as Arms specced warriors or do I just not press enough buttons? I am considering going Prot, but then it would take me an hour longer to finish the dailies.
    Last edited by mmocc955237267; 2012-11-17 at 06:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cracklefang is that bigass wolf with the sword?
    You can dodge his attacks, you know that right?

I don't have a warrior at 90, but my friend does, and he has never complained about doing it in arms spec. You should probably get some gear anyway, it's easy to get the 463 from heroics. Gogogo!
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, to be honest, you SHOULDN'T be getting hit by those abilities. I think the purpose of those elites is to test your PvE skill by doing abilities that are avoidable/interruptable. For instance, Cracklefang's AoE has enough of a warning that you really shouldn't get killed by it ever.

Dont get hit by the bad stuff, then you dont die. Its all rather easy to dodge.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Deleted
    Do you guys not have any problems with world rares?

I usually do manage to get out of the bad stuff as you all mentioned, but sometimes I am slowed and then when it does hit me, then almost half my HP is just gone.

Depends on the rares. They all have abilities that need to be handled properly. Voidclouds, giant ark of death, rain dance. But I can agree some rares are better handled by certain classes. The panda monks are extremely difficult to kill as a warlock, because we don't really have the interrupts for the heal.

Just dodge the attacks, cracklefang's arc attack is really really easy to dodge and you get plenty of warning.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by creb99 View Post
    Do you guys not have any problems with world rares?

I usually do manage to get out of the bad stuff as you all mentioned, but sometimes I am slowed and then when it does hit me, then almost half my HP is just gone.
    I can't think of any rares that slow you, do you know why are you being slowed? Perhaps dazed?

10+ Year Old Account
    The only rares I've ever died to are the murloc fishy guys.
    That's only because I cbf to interupt their 1shot hitting spell.

Everything else is easily dodgable as long as I don't pull 10 adds.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    The only rares I've ever died to are the murloc fishy guys.
    That's only because I cbf to interupt their 1shot hitting spell.

Everything else is easily dodgable as long as I don't pull 10 adds.
    Major Nanners, lol.

There's only a handful of lvl 90+ mobs outdoors that slow you, rares and quest elites are not among them.
    You're just getting dazed - don't turn your back to the mobs.
    Still, from your example with Cracklefang, I don't see why you'd get dazed... Unless you start running from him BEFORE he casts his kill ability, you should never get that.

Seems to be a very basic l2play issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creotor View Post

Seems to be a very basic l2play issue.
    That may very well be it

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Major Nanners, lol.
    Ugh... don't remind me, forgot to clear a bit of the area around him and ended up getting a pack of elite monkeys beating on me and dieing. The fact I died because of the extras wasn't my main problem with that rare though, the fact you have to wait 10 minutes for the next attempt, assuming you don't have anyone to rez you up there, is what sucked.

That said I haven't had any issues really with any of the quest elites or rares, the only time I've had problems was with Cracklefang on my poorly geared Balance Druid but I remedied that by kiting him to the patrol on the road not to far from his spawn.
    Last edited by Dedweight; 2012-11-17 at 06:46 AM.

Deleted
    Spec second wind, petty much impossible to die to any rare unless you fail to move/interupt

Deleted
    Ok, I just tried Cracklefang again and the moment I see him casting Devastating Arc, I start to run away, but I still cannot get away from the AoE in time.

He cast it 4 times and I could not get away from any of them, so I died after the 4th time. Obviously I don't know how to move quick enough, so any advice would be appreciated

Don't run back and forth. Stand... watch...

When he telegraphs his attack, move quickly and with purpose.

Don't run away. Run THROUGH. He won't turn once he starts casting, so just run through his model to get behind him and you'll be safe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vornlyn View Post
    Don't run away. Run THROUGH. He won't turn once he starts casting, so just run through his model to get behind him and you'll be safe.
    This one speaks the truth!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vornlyn View Post
    Ok, that worked like a charm, thanks. Now I feel silly for not attempting that in the first place...

Sometimes even that won't work - I've frequently had ol' Crackles jump up with his back to a wall, then cast it. No getting away from that! And when he spams it... without warning... ugh. But then, things tend to be glitchy around me for some reason! So it could just be that.
    In either case: I strongly recommend always running through when you can, and maybe keeping a healing pot handy just in case. An ounce of prevention may be worth a pound of cure, but a potion of cure moderate wounds'll get ya through anything, to put it in a strange vaguely-coherent lack-of-sleep induced manner.