Poll: Rate the BM concept

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lovely idea but his role is filled, what we need more in ranged class and mail user for practical use in-game
    Not saying idea is wrong, I voted for looks fun, but the game next class is mail intellect user mainly, that role is only filled with 1 class so far
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Lovely idea but his role is filled, what we need more in ranged class and mail user for practical use in-game
    Not saying idea is wrong, I voted for looks fun, but the game next class is mail intellect user mainly, that role is only filled with 1 class so far
    Well, 2 specs.

By that logic, It should be an Int-plate user, which is exclusive to holy paladin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I really don't like how it has Mage in its name and uses the three Mage specs, and also think Blizzard would never implement an idea that is so thematically similar to an already existing class.
    Well if u pick up a paladin and look it good, u can see it's nothing more than a combo between a priest and a warrior. And it still feels unique.

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 12:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    I would like to start my post by saying that I love battle mages. If I could add any class to the game, it would be a battle mage. But I don't expect it to ever happen sadly. I suspect that blizzard would make any new class something more unique than a cross between two current classes. (Warrior and Mage.) I think the closest we'll ever get is the enhancement shaman.
    Nah there are gold pots Blizz is yet to dig in and classes are something that really connects the game to the players. If done right, a class can become the alter ego of a real person, not just due to the playstyle but also to what it represents and what it can do and what is it's weaknesses and strengths. It's like saying a battlemage is just a mage but then again it's not.

Harbringer says hi.

I'd rather see a bard or demon hunter instead. Or maybe something new that had multiple pets or one VERY powerful pet that the class heavily relies on (even a lot more so than locks and hunters)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeglo View Post
    Bad idea. I honestly love battle mages, but I think enhancement shaman and windwalker monk already fill the gap (and of course regular mages in PvP gear are close-ish).

It takes the best elements of monk, enhancement shaman, and mage.

I think it'd be a tad too popular, too. Almost seems "too cool".
    Cool is something very relative... And how does it take the best of all those u said and still does not feel OP? I can answer u that, because it's NOT a cross between mage/enh/monk... First off it uses plate so u can cross that from those classes, then it doesn't have great dodge or parry like the monk, although it does have some access it's only limited to the arcane spec. The enh sham does have the same dw skill and weapon enchants but the BM has no totems or any other utility skills because just like a regular mage, its intent is to deal damage as fast and as hard as possible.

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 01:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by boboistina View Post
    An interesting idea, although i dont like the specs being the same name as a regular mage, needs something different.
    lol I wouldn't mind having better names but it's hard to get away from the obvious =S. I'm open for suggestions though!

I think they should have a background being a hybrid between a warrior and a mage, much like the paladins are between warriors and priests.
    Something like front line mages who were forced to use plate armor to enhance their survivability in hand to hand combat, or warriors who were more attuned to magic and have learned magical attacks to supplement their close combat fighting abilities.
    good to me

They would wear int plate so it's no longer intended for only 1 spec, and should be able to melee/range DPS and tank.
    frost and fire are the ones that make use of int plate while arcance is based on agility since its very melee dependent. Fire spec is the ranged spec but it does have some tricks for melee combat =)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be interested in playing a melee caster, especially with multiple resources, and interested in a plate wearing caster instead of a clothie. I wonder what kind of issues that would cause in pvp though? People already seem to have enough issues with plate classes, adding a strong caster to the mix could make it pretty frightening.

I agree with some of the other posters though, I quite enjoyed bard in other games and bard would probably be the first thing I'd want to see added as the next class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Oh but u are not very far from right =P. I do think that the priority is an int plate class, since we only have holy palas using it. I did put agility on the arcane spec just to b different but I can always go bk to make a full plate int class, which btw also has a ranged spec. And I can see where ur coming from with the mail problem. It's quite obvious to think that we need one because of only having shammies and hunters so a Demon Hunter can fill that gap. But if we are to follow to the letter the mail intellect issue u described, the Dragonsworn can step in =)

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 11:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by abcchef View Post
    Harbringer says hi.
    Never heard of it =)

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 11:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Radoria View Post
    I'd rather see a bard or demon hunter instead. Or maybe something new that had multiple pets or one VERY powerful pet that the class heavily relies on (even a lot more so than locks and hunters)
    Bard is also in my plans but for I am waiting for the request of another class to do besides the ones I have. I Think maybe I'll create a thread for ppl to vote their most wanted class =). The Demon hunter is already done and u can check it in my signature, I hope u'll fancy it! As for the heavy pet class request I have this vision of a Spirit Walker shaman spec that uses totems to summon spiritual pets.

As a former mage player, I`d love the opportunity to play as a battle mage. Maybe one of the talent trees could be modified to acheive this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just got done commenting in that thread about what classes you would like to see and one of them was this but I called it Arcane Warrior. I'm liking this class except im not sure how using both energy and mana will work out. Seems kinda weird to have 2 resources. I guess I could see it working but if this were to be real Blizzard would probably come up with something like what Paladin's have with their Holy Power stuff or maybe a different idea all together. Would be awesome if a class like this gets made would probably end up being my favorite class.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post
    I see Battle Mage as a distant future 4th spec for a mage to allow it to tank.
    not before demo warlocks!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

hey fucktard you totally copied my talent grid, and even parts of my own idea for battle mage

http://www.ac-web.org/forums/showthr...ght=battlemage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    hey fucktard you totally copied my talent grid, and even parts of my own idea for battle mage

http://www.ac-web.org/forums/showthr...ght=battlemage
    Woo easy now boy. I gave credit to where it was due. No need for name calling or next time I'll report u. I think u did a good job with urs and it obviously was the ground base for mine but if u cared to read through it before automatically burst in angers I think u will find this is NOT a copy paste of ur concept. Anyways I will take this opportunity to congrat u with ur concept which I couldn't the first time because I would have to register to AC-web.
    Last edited by mmoc4874008d12; 2012-11-20 at 12:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    I just got done commenting in that thread about what classes you would like to see and one of them was this but I called it Arcane Warrior. I'm liking this class except im not sure how using both energy and mana will work out. Seems kinda weird to have 2 resources. I guess I could see it working but if this were to be real Blizzard would probably come up with something like what Paladin's have with their Holy Power stuff or maybe a different idea all together. Would be awesome if a class like this gets made would probably end up being my favorite class.
    Using energy for melee abilities and mana for spells imo is a fun and dynamic way of engaging battle no? but also, where palas have holy power, battlemages have Fury which is used to unleash the most powerful attacks/finishers whilst keeping the power of the battlemage in check by bringing debuffs if it is overused.
    I think it sounds fun =)

Deleted

Udate

I just added the gameplay explanation for those who find it too complicated... =P

Any reason you chose Frost, Fire, Arcane as the specs? Could you not have chosen something a little less identical to the already existing Mage class?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Any reason you chose Frost, Fire, Arcane as the specs? Could you not have chosen something a little less identical to the already existing Mage class?
    oh well I suppose I could change the names of the specs but my point was to actually keep a similarity between mages and battlemages so people can relate. I mean I think it kind of is a given the battlemages would study the same types of magics as their counterpartners no?

It's too similar in my opinion. Of course I think they would possibly share spells and definitely magic schools, but they are (and should be) two distinctly different classes. It would be more creative if none of the specs were magic school related, or if one was kind of a blanket elements spec ( like Ele). I think you're close having the different specs function differently, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I likve you ideas mate. You try with your heart to make a good class though When I read it through I felt like this class is WAY overpowered. Too many stuns and EXTREMELY hard co catch! This class have way to much stuns and way too much Passive abilities epsecially in talent tree which would give them big Advantage and slightly easy to play because of their Passive abilities. This class almost has everything stuns, Escape system very very strong BIG damaging skills.

If you could slightly nerf them ) In total its very good.

I thought about that class too but not as class about SPEC! for mages 4rth spec that would be melee Class and Heavy damage dealer.

Just add A skill to Battle mage spec : Battle mage sacrifices ability to shoot most of their ability from distance for more Defensive stance. They are expert in wielding dual wield of Weapons and using his magic ways to enhance them with mage powers. (then I would Add first line of Talent skills with 1 edit - only one enchant can be activated at time)
    They become more formidable using arcane magic around increasing armor value from items by 600% (or 700%).
    They spells (arcane blast, fireball, Frostbolt) are used only at 15 yards and Melee attacks have chance to proc those skills and make them instant.
    Last edited by Spichora; 2013-05-03 at 07:50 PM.
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    I likve you ideas mate. You try with your heart to make a good class though When I read it through I felt like this class is WAY overpowered. Too many stuns and EXTREMELY hard co catch! This class have way to much stuns and way too much Passive abilities epsecially in talent tree which would give them big Advantage and slightly easy to play because of their Passive abilities. This class almost has everything stuns, Escape system very very strong BIG damaging skills.
    NOW that's the kind of feedback I appreciate! I will get down to nerfing the class. But just so you know lol, the damage and to some extent healing numbers on all my classes are just placeholders. I really don't know what sort of numbers does Blizz use as indicative of the power of their abilities. It's just my own rules.

I thought about that class too but not as class about SPEC! for mages 4rth spec that would be melee Class and Heavy damage dealer.
    yh but the way I see it, Blizz would only have enough space within the overall class design to work in melee abilities leaving the spec with no real sense of magic to it. A battlemage spec is already created within this premiss so that expands the gameplay a lot more. Plus a battlemage class would sort out the intellect plate problem. I hope you agree with me =).

Just add A skill to Battle mage spec : Battle mage sacrifices ability to shoot most of their ability from distance for more Defensive stance. They are expert in wielding dual wield of Weapons and using his magic ways to enhance them with mage powers. (then I would Add first line of Talent skills with 1 edit - only one enchant can be activated at time)
    They become more formidable using arcane magic around increasing armor value from items by 600% (or 700%).
    They spells (arcane blast, fireball, Frostbolt) are used only at 15 yards and Melee attacks have chance to proc those skills and make them instant.
    I know u are referring to the battlemage spec but I already implemented this type of mechanics throughout the batllemage class. There are some skills that will reduce your spells casting time which is a mechanic I also fancy =).

But anyhow I really appreciate you Reading this idea and helping me perfect it. I know we both want what's best for the game not what's best for us personnally. Cheers m8