Poll: Nerf Flight form or Buff reg mounts

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    They should let us interact with the same things without dismounting. The only advantage druids should have with their flight form is the instant cast.

edit: lol at the angry defensive druids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    The druids replying in this post are cute.

I hear rogues have stealth and no one else does. wait.
    I hear rogues have the best stealth. wait.

ah screw this - there are really only 4 classes in this game.
    Rogues have the best lock picking. Next?

10+ Year Old Account
    Leave it as it is, atleast don't give it to all, don't really wish to see WoW turn into Aion. Classes have something of their own, and that should be okay.

If all got flying, then I want stealth. Stealthy Holy Paladin GO!
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    This is why we can't have nice things..

A lot of people create druid alts for the sole purpose of it being their gathering alt. Not having to drop form saves time, and time is precious. It is one of the perks druids have, just as every other class has their perks. To remove it at this time would be asinine. Let's not forget that monks have zen flight, which I believe they can use to gather nodes and not have to drop their flight. Blizzard is actually giving this ability to more people, not taking it away.

A lot of people rage hard when they see a bird form druid come pick up "their" node and fly away. As if the slight inconvenience of having to search for 15 more seconds for another node shatters their world entirely. Then they go to the forums to demand Blizzard take away other people's perks because it's "not fair". To these people, I say chill the hell out. It's a game. You'll find another node. Talk about first world problems.

If anything, I'd suggest that you drop your gathering profession on your main (seriously, do it. there's no reason to have a gathering profession on your main, you're just being a baddie), and create a gathering alt druid. Now you have flight form too, and everyone's happy.

It's interesting that no one has brought up the actual optimal solution: Blizzard needs to get off their asses and implement personally phased gathering nodes. To those who would white knight Blizzard and tell me that the technology isn't there, I laugh in your face. If you think personally phased nodes is impossible in WoW, what do you think archeology is? The tech is already there. Blizz just needs to port it over to the rest of the professions.

We can herb while flying that is it, not mine, as for quest items alot of them can be interacted with while mounted.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    edit: lol at the angry defensive non-druids who keep making polls like this.
    Fixed that for you.
    Last edited by Celista; 2012-11-17 at 05:59 PM.

Deleted
    People that level druid alts because they think they gather faster are wrong anyway so who cares about druids. Paladins and DKs having a mount speed boost make them much faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could care less about interacting with stuff on the ground, however I think cast time mounts (at least for flying since ground would have pvp ramifications) is some what of an antiquated concept. Let all flying mounts be instant, or better yet, all mounts are instant outside of BGs (and arenas? Don't think you can mount in any though).

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    That's not fixed...it's worse than before! Were you the one who came up with New Coke?

OT: Remove the ability to herb while in flight form...where does he/she store the herbs anyway?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskobar View Post
    People that level druid alts because they think they gather faster are wrong anyway so who cares about druids. Paladins and DKs having a mount speed boost make them much faster.
    This so much, give us that speed boost and I'll happily give you the herb picking skill you so much seem to want.

Quote Originally Posted by madethisfor1post View Post
    That's not fixed...it's worse than before! Were you the one who came up with New Coke?

OT: Remove the ability to herb while in flight form...where does he/she store the herbs anyway?
    Remember when mounts went in your bags? There.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickmagnus View Post
    Let all flying mounts be instant, or better yet, all mounts are instant outside of BGs (and arenas? Don't think you can mount in any though).
    You can mount in arena when not in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by madethisfor1post View Post
    Hey man, New Coke is going to become the next big thing any time now.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    You're only changing what I said, not fixing it.
    Last edited by Pendragon; 2012-11-17 at 06:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    well I think a druid should'nt be able to gather nodes while in flight form...
    everything that can be done with talons is ok...

Advantages that don't affect PvP, or PvE performance (dps, healing, tanking, maneuverability, etc) are not problems, as far as Blizzard is concerned. The only advantage in this category that was nerfed was being able to steal herbs and skins right out from under people who were literally in the middle of gathering that item, because it's not so much an advantage but more on the griefing side of things. Now you get a "that target is tapped" message.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Yet warriors can't so sh*t
    Warriors can heroic leap or charge/intercept/intervene to avoid dying from falling. Unless that was changed. It worked last time I tried it. I can still charge on my druid to avoid fall damage, so I'm guessing warriors can.

Quote Originally Posted by Darillyn View Post
    Leave it as it is. Its something unique to druids, why remove it? Because no one else has that (very) slight advantage?
    its not slight when they can get quest items that mobs are surrounding then fly away then the druid pulls them unlike every1 else

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can pry my insta flightform and herbing from my cold dead wings unless you're going to give me each unique thing that other classes have.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    You're only changing what I said, not fixing it.
    Your statement required a lot of fixes.

Quote Originally Posted by RedMosquito View Post
    If you remove druid flight because other classes can't do it, then you'd also have to remove rogue stealth, monk roll, mage teleport, etc.

Every class has its perks, its advantages and disadvantages. If every class could do the exact same things, it would be one hell of a boring game.
    im sorry but druid flight form and monk roll are in a different league from each other 1 lets u loot quest items and then remove u from combat when u get the item if ur in combat and the other one moves u 20 cm in a direction

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    its not slight when they can get quest items that mobs are surrounding then fly away then the druid pulls them unlike every1 else
    Sorry, but Zen Flight is much better at gathering, since you do not have to be on the ground and you can also gather mining nodes, mount in the air and hearth in the air. The only real unique advantage of flight form is the max flight speed.