Should I get the VP tank trinket?

My off spec is tanking and I am at the vp cap with all my dps gear already. Only tank items I can upgrade with VP is the helm, hands, and trinket. Using 463's in all those slots.

My current trinkets are heart of fire and brawler's statue both reforged for exp.

Basically right now I am at 7.50% hit, 15% exp, and doing everything else to get haste. The dps items from vp all have crit of them so I would have to get the purely tank vp helm and hands if I choose that route over the trinket.

Mostly just wondering how big of an upgrade a stamina trinket would be over my current ones to make it worth it. If I got rid of my current trinkets I don't think I could make it to the 15% exp.

Also: meant get in the topic title. Won't let me edit that.
    Last edited by Grizzlybarry; 2012-11-17 at 09:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you mean the shado-pan one, it's a very nice trinket that should last you quite awhile. Definitely get it. Are you gemming expertise? 15% is hard to get without higher level gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    If you mean the shado-pan one, it's a very nice trinket that should last you quite awhile. Definitely get it. Are you gemming expertise? 15% is hard to get without higher level gear.
    I'm actually at 15% with a few heroic blues, and I only have one expertise gem and an expertise cogwheel. Since pretty much any plate dps piece that doesn't have crit on it is good for a prot pally, it's really easy to get to 15% expertise through just reforging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Use Lessons of the Darkmaster, it's a pretty decent replacement with tons of expertise. Then you could get the shado-pan one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd suggest getting it, is quite handy for certain bosses(fun to have both that and the one from MSV trash, rolling 30 seconds of it is great on fights with tank swapping).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Manstallion View Post
    I'm actually at 15% with a few heroic blues, and I only have one expertise gem and an expertise cogwheel. Since pretty much any plate dps piece that doesn't have crit on it is good for a prot pally, it's really easy to get to 15% expertise through just reforging.
    I'm at 489 ilvl and can't hit expertise cap solely through reforging in my gear. I found it easier to do when in blues because there are just so many more pieces for each slot that have exp on them. As I went up I had to start adding more hast/expertise gems, and I think a straight expertise gem in a red socket, to my setup.

Deleted
    im at ilvl 475 and im very close to getting expertise caped. i guess a lot of people have much higher ilvl and thought it would only get easier as the expansion progresses

10+ Year Old Account
    im at 472 and i am exp capped with this trinket and the crappy mastery one from elegon

I'm at 467 in less than optimal heroic blues and basic off spec raid epics, but expertise is no real worry through 2 gems, also with 10.46% haste, personally I would spend my points on the real gear over the trinket, but then I've got a huge amount of my caps coming from trinkets, and mostly real 'tank' gear, so almost anything is an upgrade

Deleted
    i really want the VP trinket from shado-pan rep ^^ love the stamina lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the VP trinket, chaining it together with Holy Avenger gets me about 30 seconds of 51% DR, as opposed to my usual 45. I'd advise picking it up
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin