Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmoplayer111 View Post
    Screenshot with timestamp or it didn't happen.
    Meet reality, not fantasy:
    http://s970.photobucket.com/albums/a...712_215214.png

9:53:14 PM EST (Prime time).

Dead.

Yesterday was no different at 3AM to 7:30AM, either.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    It's so awful that I actually quit WoW over it. Not paying $45/mon if I can't play the game as intended. Intended for me was leveling my alts without game lockups so bad it took the task manager to force closing WoW get out of it. Can't play a game like that at all.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that left due to the mess, and won't be the last.
    This is the second time you've posted that you pay $45 a month. You either have 3 accounts, or you're wrong.

Your signature is terrible. Half the player base is awful. Blizzard doesn't care enough about you to delete 6100+ of your posts as part of a blame game, you broke the forum rules, got banned, and your posts were automatically removed.

Dead.

I thought CRZ isn't active in pandaria? That would just explain your server being dead.. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HitPoint View Post
    I thought CRZ isn't active in pandaria? That would just explain your server being dead.. lol
    It isn't, and if he read he would've known otherwise.

But that's the 85+ leveling experience with 10 million in WoW now in MoP, and just 2 months into the expansion. Dead as far as the eye can see, and Stormwind is as busy as before.

That's not how it was in WotLK in Icecrown/Storm Peaks/Grizzly Hills. That is not how it was in Cata in Hyjal/Uldum/Twilight Highlands. You at least seen some people leveling alts.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i dont think i would be laughing at all if people were leaving the game youre playing. less players means less money to fund it. you may have your laugh over the fact that they might quit over a feature you find trivial but looking at the big picture if it displeases a large group of players its not good for buisness, surely everyone can see this. if this feature is driving more people away than it is attracting then its a flop. of course this is just my opinion and those statistics will most likely never be released but that is my theory.

id also like to point out that its very clear that the majority of the playerbase is now a casual playerbase. meaning they only get to play a few hours a day or even a few hours a week. things like lockups, and high latency that causes the game to be semi unplayable turns out to not be a pleasureable experience and they stop playing. things like being camped while trying to level (even though i hold no ill feelings towards people who camp lowbies) beyond a reasonable amount of times doesnt prove to be a fun experience for some people, despite the fact they should know the rules of a pvp server. people dont like to be inconvenienced when they have a limited amount of time to do something and are paying money for it.

another point id like to express is that some people enjoy playing on medium to low pop servers. there are days when i get a chance to play a game that i would just prefer not to have any contact with other players and just quest peacefully by myself. this seems to be impossible as there is no opt out option. when our guild moved servers back during early vanilla we specifically chose a medium-low pop server. you cant really do this anymore.

in the end i think this was really a poorly thought out solution. its like putting a bandaid on something that probably requires a tourniquet. it was designed to help low pop servers see other people but in reality, and in my opinion, they should have just merged some of the lower pop servers. it seems like the crz stuff is causing some unstability for some people with the lag and the lock ups, whereas had they just merged the servers it probably wouldnt have caused this. again this post is purely just my opinion

Dead.

LoL yeah, that's the heart alright... not. You think I don't recognize the Dreamer's Pavilion when I see it? You are not in the heart of pandaria, you are about 200ft from the southern most coastline in Jade Forrest. Here's another clue, Pandaria, does not have CRZ, sure you can pull people into your realm by cross grouping but the automatic pulling of characters from other realms or you being pushed in to other realms currently does not exist in Pandaria zones.

The heart of Pandaria is one of 2 places, Halfhilll in the Valley of the Four Winds or The Shrine of Two Moons (horde) The Shrine of Seven Stars (alliance) in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. The location you posted your screenshot from was busy for about 15 days after launch now, it will be quiet.

The other locations you'll find lots of people:

Dread Wastes, Klaxxi'vess (daily quest hub)

Vale of Eternal Blossoms, Golden Pagoda, Whitepetal Lake, Mistfall Village, The Golden Stair, Setting Sun Garrison, Ruins of Guo-Lai, all of which are daily areas.

Townlong Steppes, Shado-Pan Garrison (daily)

Depending on the day you'll also find people in Krassarang at the Cradle of Chi-Ji, Jade Forrest at the Temple of the Jade Serpent, Townlong at Niuzao Temple or in Kun-Lai Summit at the Temple of the White Tiger.

See, I play this game every day, I know where the people are so when you tell me it's empty I know you're trolling.

It's 5:23 Am (server) right now in Halfhill Market and there are still people here. Try again.

Seriously, you're in an enclosed area of the first zone which has a total of 5 quests, and all the quests inside the gates, where you're standing, are phased.

I can't get away from people in Pandaria. Valley is like the new Barrens with the general chat, from people camping Galleon to people in Halfhill. The shrines are full too, and the daily questing areas can be annoyingly so.

You literally picked the most remote corner of Pandaria with no dailies, no reason to ever be there outside of some random side quests at level 85 which you don't even need to do, to take your screenshot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's another clue, Pandaria, does not have CRZ
    Right. So why the big talk about screenshot or it didn't happen again?

You didn't bother to read before commenting...and making nothing out of nothing at all.

Make Cross realm Zones something you enable not mandatory ... problem solved everyone is happy except the people that need something to complain about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Seriously, you're in an enclosed area of the first zone which has a total of 5 quests, and all the quests inside the gates, where you're standing, are phased.

I can't get away from people in Pandaria. Valley is like the new Barrens with the general chat, from people camping Galleon to people in Halfhill. The shrines are full too, and the daily questing areas can be annoyingly so.

You literally picked the most remote corner of Pandaria with no dailies, no reason to ever be there outside of some random side quests at level 85 which you don't even need to do, to take your screenshot.
    And since you didn't read either, here's a clue...

Here in the heart of Panda land there is nothing but NPCs.
    And that zone would be Borean Tundra or even Hyjal in other expansions...and each had more players even with phasing well into the expansions (especially in Hyjal where phasing was rife. Want screenshots of it, too???).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Except CRZ has made it far more prevalent. I can understand why some people are annoyed. What was once a fairly rare occurrence as you leveled has become commonplace.
    THen again, it now is more like it was intended. During Vanilla this was regular business on PVP servers. SO Blizzard has in a way fixed what was wrong, and a lot of people were crying out for to bring back. If you arrived later, during Wrath and Cata, then I can understand you may feel a bit frustrated, but all in all it's now working as intended.

How can you think BT or Hyjal were "teeming" with people other than with people doing Firelands dailies in 4.2? That's literally just a myth.

Some people always find some reason for quitting. And some of those people will always think that others are interested in knowing why they are quitting.

A live world (I see people leveling, something I hadn't seen in years) and not a single issue with mob spawns or low level gathering or bugs here. I level my toons on a PVE server and obviously I'm never ganked. This together with their design of Pandaria means that the world feels like it's a world again, not my personal sandbox where I only ever see other players if I go to a city.

Them working out the kinks that are undoubtedly present, and finding a way of making nodes and rare spawn server specific = all I want. I wouldn't want them to remove CRZ for anything.

Oh, and it doesn't move away from the problem with dead servers. But I bet that if they began merging servers, some people would quit over that as well. "OMG I chose to play on a low pop server u Blizztards ruined it for me!".
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2012-11-18 at 11:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think quitting over CRZ's is silly in principle, but totally accept that constant lag or crashes isn't fun for anyone; if you want to play, and can't, why pay?

I wouldn't.

The problem, and I've said it before, is that Blizzard can see problems but keep treating the effect rather than the cause. When people complain about low population servers, they're NOT complaining about not seeing anyone around - they're complaining about broken economies and near impossible recruitment. Unfortunately, that doesn't get thought about and Blizzard wastes time and money coming up with a feature that does literally nothing about the problems.

Who cares if zones are full again or not? I mean, really? Group quests have been gotten rid of, the whole game is now queued and instanced, and ganking has ended up more commonplace than ever in what's now designed as super-casual friendly.

And for all the problems brought by CRZ, economies are still broken and recruitment is still nigh impossible on low population servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    People who enjoy the game aren't "blind fanbois" but there is a word for people like you but I would prefer not to get myself banned.
    Why complain, Xanzul? You're like me (well partly because I don't use sockpuppets) having been permanently banned from the WoW forums.

Don't you just love equality?

---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 01:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thylacine View Post
    I think quitting over CRZ's is silly in principle, but totally accept that constant lag or crashes isn't fun for anyone; if you want to play, and can't, why pay?
    Haven't taken my alts out yet to see if the zoning has changed, but that was the reason I quit as I was trying to get them to 85 in time. But CRZ hit in all of it's buggy glory, and ruined the timing to be there at 85 for three toons.

For a company who makes money off of players leveling toons, CRZ is a means to kill accounts when they can't.

Right. So why the big talk about screenshot or it didn't happen again?

You didn't bother to read before commenting...and making nothing out of nothing at all.
    I read perfectly well, you however did not. You cite Hyjal as being busy with people, it was daily quest hub. You picked an empty corner of pandaria. I think I'm done with you.

"Good day sir"

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Open world play across servers without loading screens is simply a WoW hater killer.

After having had the cross server play in BG's (2006) and the start of cross server play in dungeons with dungeon finder (2009) we had the same hate campaigns of the trolls.

Now in 2012: Blizzard added the open world cross server play without loading screens and it makes WOW unbeatable for the next 15 years.

Even the much used "WOW is dying" favorite hater thread can NO longer be used by them after fine tuning this open world cross server play.

Because with this open world cross server play ... in 2025 when WOW could be reduced to 200K players, it would have ... 20 times MORE players than the biggest WOW server of 2012...

I LAUGH so hard when these Blizzard haters always stand with their own feet in the XXXX.

Blizzard out smarted you guys. They always did (examples: everyone looks the same with the latest Raid gear : Transmog, ...waiting times of 2 hours to enter a BG : cross server BG's, ... no one is doing the leveling dungeons anymore : cross server dungeon finder , ... the leveling zones are dead : cross server open world play, phasing killed WOW: farmville and grow your farms///

Etc ... Etc...

Don't be fooled by the Blizzard haters: cross server open world play without loading screens just made the other fantasy MMO's obsolete with one blow on their stucked single server play with loading screens and dying popuations...

And just like the dungeon finders (2009), the cross server BG's (2006) and the phasing (2008) this latest feature will be perfected over the next few years.

You are looking at writing history here with Blizzard technology. Watch it grow further ... in their next games...

The (technology) gap just became MUCH bigger (again).
    Man did you drink the koolaid. 2025?!?! Do you really think Blizzard is looking what was 14 years down the road for 1 feature? Sure game have to plan for the future but this is a bit much, as for jumping ahead of other games with this, you do realize that other games can do the same thing right? Sure no load screen sever switching is kinda impressive, but it wasn't and isn't needed. Juggling a chainsaw flaming tennis ball and grapefruit is impressive but there is no reason to do it.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I read perfectly well, you however did not. You cite Hyjal as being busy with people, it was daily quest hub. You picked an empty corner of pandaria. I think I'm done with you.

"Good day sir"
    Not 2 months into the game. Molten Front was added in later patches.

Read better.

"G'day, mate"

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Doesnt matter. If its red its dead. Ppl know the risk of rolling on a pvp server. Some high level asshole is going to come kill you and have fun while doing it because they take pleasure in beating other ppls face in. And there is nothing wrong with that. Last i checked in a War you kill the enemy not let them walk around. Its Alliance VS Horde out there. If you cant take it dont level in a pvp server.
    You dont get it do you?

Problem with CRZ is the fact that if there are 90s ganking lowbies (portal etc) they can do shit about it since if you call your friends, more often than not they are phased to another CRZ version of the zone, because there are 2 many people for the one shard already.

Question is more like: Why are level 90s killing level 50s?

No challenge. No competition. Just folks who's hobby is plucking wings off of flies "for fun". Waste of data space.
    People who fail irl like ganking, someone is aware of them They fail in school, or work, and killing someone who has no chance against them 10 or 20 or 30 times makes them feel like real men

--------------------

Mainly Blizz don't care about EU & US servers - all their effort is going into keeping the Chinese & Koreans happy, where their largest player base is now. We got last year's mail for the 8th anniversary because, no doubt, they are too busy in China to worry about us. At least it was not in mandarin
    Last edited by Saffa; 2012-11-18 at 06:40 PM.