Page 1 of 2
LastLast

monitoring cpu temps

so my case has a cpu tempature monitor in it on the mobo or somewhere an i need to move it. i like to monitor temps of the cpu while gaming sometimes and im moving it somewhere where it isnt visible from where im sitting. so i was wondering do you guys know of a program/gadget that will allow me to just toss it on my desktop so when i need to i can just tab out and look at it? any help would be appreciated thx alot

Deleted
    I'm not too sure there is gadgets for that, maybe there is.
    Anyways, Speedfan does that job great and it's very accurate, so definitely recommending that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

10+ Year Old Account
    Real Temp (clicky clicky!)

You will find the majority of the computer geeks here using that program to monitor CPU temps, although it's not the only one (others like HardwareMonitor, Speedfan, Core Temp, etc do the same job).
    You can set it to show the core temperatures in your system tray, so when you alt-tab out you can see temps right away in the bottom right corner of your screen .
    It also keeps a note of minimum/maximum temps and can even log it to a file if you want it to.

I have found Core Temp to be extremely glitchy with my Intel CPU, some others have reported the same thing. I personally wouldn't use it.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

thx alot guys i found a cpu temp monitoring prgram called evga eleet

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh whatever floats your boat >_>

RealTemp is by the far the best CPU monitoring program. CoreTemp doesn't even update the tray temps while at full load.
    Playing since 2007.

Deleted
    hey

this is a new release of razer been useing it for a caple days now and its amazing in top preformance and captureing game video's

but it also shows u what temp ur cpu is ur video cart ur hard drive ur ram memmory u should try it out

and its totaly free

razerzone.com/gamebooster

I use CPUID's HWMonitor. It's a program recommended by a lot of overclockers that I have met. This program shows the overall CPU temp, and the temp of each core if you are running a multicore CPU. It also shows your hard drive tems, your vid card temps, motherboard temps, voltages for all system components, and fan speeds. GREAT program.

The core temp thing is great, so you know if you are reaching your limit (55 degrees Celsius is the highest recommended for most CPU individual CORES ). The overall "safe" temp is around 70 degrees anything higher than 70 and your cores will most likely be up around 60 degrees, and that's where you will have issues.

Get it here: http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

If cooling is an issue, what are you using to cool your CPU? Have you thought of getting an aftermarket fan & heatsink, or a liquid system? If your case is large enough, and you can afford it, the Corsair H100 liquid cooling system is one of, if not, the best pre-made CPU coolers out there.
    Last edited by Jekerdud; 2012-11-16 at 08:43 AM.

Actually max temps for SandyBridge/IvyBridge CPU's are 97c, up to 80c at load is safe, anything above is risking damaging the CPU.
    Last edited by Nab; 2012-11-16 at 08:51 AM.
    Playing since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    Actually max temps for SandyBridge/IvyBridge CPU's are 97c, up to 80c at load is safe, anything above is risking damaging the CPU.
    Ah. I was speaking of AMD Thuban (Phenom II) CPU's. The OP didn't mention what CPU he was using.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekerdud View Post
    If cooling is an issue, what are you using to cool your CPU? Have you thought of getting an aftermarket fan & heatsink, or a liquid system? If your case is large enough, and you can afford it, the Corsair H100 liquid cooling system is one of, if not, the best pre-made CPU coolers out there.
    H100i now
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835181032

right now im pretty much using a stock i5 2500k with the heatsink that came with the processor although i have been playing swtor a bit and some alarming temps were occuring 80-85 degrees any other game i play always stays around 55 -65 degrees

Deleted
    I'm going to hijack this thread instead of making a new one.
    Am sitting at a 4.4Ghz overclock on my i7 3770k right now with voltage set to 1.180. It's very stable after 12 hours of stresstesting, but max temps have hit 74C. Thing is, with that low voltage and a Noctua NH-D14, isn't this a bit hot even for an Ivy?
    Bad mounting maybe?

Deleted
    ivy runs hotter but you are running 15/20 degrees hotter compared to my 2600k with a slightly higher clock (same cooler)
    also HT enabled or not? (big heat maker but well worth it if you get use out of it)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    ivy runs hotter but you are running 15/20 degrees hotter compared to my 2600k with a slightly higher clock (same cooler)
    also HT enabled or not? (big heat maker but well worth it if you get use out of it)
    Ah, could be HT. I will have use for it in a few months, but until then i just disable it? Hopefully that's the culprit.
    Also, for some reason it hits that temp with blend setting (both normal and 90% ram) but when i ran Large FFT it didn't break 70C once in 2 hours before i had to stop it.

Deleted
    why get an i7 if you are just gonna disable HT? (you basicly get a i5-3570k but payed more for it)
    also temps are only abit on the high side usually that oc temp is between 55-65 degrees what i've seen around.

Deleted
    Because i'm planning on doing quite a bit of video rendering at a later date and because they come with better chips than the i5. But thanks for your input, really nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekerdud View Post
    Ah. I was speaking of AMD Thuban (Phenom II) CPU's. The OP didn't mention what CPU he was using.
    AMD thuban is 66c CASE temp not core its roughly the same as intel 90c~

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teks View Post
    Because i'm planning on doing quite a bit of video rendering at a later date and because they come with better chips than the i5. But thanks for your input, really nice!
    also how are the fan settings? (case flow etc?)
    imo just keep the 4,4ghz clock with HT beyond that point benefit decreases rapidly with actual applications. (some people say 4,2 even)