Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Never, I found this expansion to actually be more serious then previous expansions.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Yes, I do. Maybe childish isn't the right word, but it's certainly the lightest themed expansion, and that put me off. The Sha are neat, but they're the exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    if they actually tried to make the mantid and sha look dangerous and horrible it might actually have dispelled my view on this game. but no the mantid and sha looks just as pleasant and huggable as the pandas do....

This is a childish game and it is the designing , grafics and colorings that make it so. It have been childish since its realease 7years ago, and the "improved" grafics and colorings have only made it more so.
    the mantid look and act exactly like their inspiration albeit a bit more realistic

mantid

zorak the inspiration for the mantid

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Not now, not ever. Best expansion so far. Coming from someone who enjoyed Cataclysm every day until the summer of 2012.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Never, I found this expansion to actually be more serious then previous expansions.
    This is true actually. Themes are potentially much more mature than saturday-morning-cartoon-WotLK for one.

Deleted
    I didn't think it was an overly childish expansion in the first place, and still don't, but the community seems to be more immature than ever before. So, it does not seem childish to me, but people make it a game suitable for children only.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the mantid look and act exactly like their inspiration albeit a bit more realistic
    To be fair the eyes are a bit too cartoony. I would have preferred more insect like eyes but that's just me nit picking.
    Last edited by leaks; 2012-11-18 at 04:11 PM.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by Stannis View Post
    This is true actually. Themes are potentially much more mature than saturday-morning-cartoon-WotLK for one.
    i dont think there more mature just... more grounded, were not fighting some cosmical force or a giant dragon were fighting eachother and in the case of the sha ourselves.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Not really as childish as I had expected. The storylines are far too boring to interest children. I do find that the pandaren themselves are about as cringe-worthy as I had envisioned. Every time I log into my male pandaren monk, I'm somewhat comforted by the fact that I picked the perfect troll race for my character. It's like why people play gnomes...

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't find things like falling corpses from the elevator (Gate of the setting sun), mass executions (Shado-pan Monastery), bugs impaled on spear which are crumbling in pain (Heart of Fear) and lots of other gruesome stuff I've witnessed so far childish.

15+ Year Old Account
    I find the game itself rather childish, but it doesn't bother me one bit. I play games for escapism, not to use them as a measuring stick for my maturity level. You find a lot of man-children that refuse to play anything rated less than "M", while true gamers who enjoy games of all ranges for what they are aren't quite so insecure.

That being said, MoP is no more childish than the rest of the game imo.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

I never found it childish. I dont like pandas, hozen, or those retarded rabbit things, but the hozen arent childish and the rabbits are kinda scary looking. I wouldnt really call pandas childish, just stupid. I dont play them because of this and i dont care if i see them in game. I love the sha and mantid design, and i like the mogu's lore alot even though Im not a huge fan of the design. Pandaria game art is beautiful and the lore is interesting and the dungeons are fun. The mounts are also awesome, which is my favorite part of the game. Maybe its because im a wrath baby but I like MoP and think they did a pretty good job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    I totally do.

I mean seriously, the Sha are like big black spiky, smoky seseme street characters. And the mantid are so cute and huggable (if they don't impale you.) Oh and themes of war, violence and dark emotions are a good fit for 5 year old children. I read my children Lovecraft every night before bed. They love it. And stay awake in fear for hours crying.
    You are the greatest parent .
    Last edited by Solzan Nemesis; 2012-11-18 at 09:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was iffy about it until I realized Mishi is a reference to that dragon Eddie Murphy voiced in Mulan.

Then I realized I didn't care, because that's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilde View Post
    By far the worst expansion. Easier content than Casualclysm, plus the added detriment of cross realm for carebears and bots. Plus "people" that shouldn't be allowed to live (furies) have a new race.
    It really sounds like it's time for you to move on to a new game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Snake View Post
    Now almost 3 months into the expansion, after having quested through the zones, seeing the land of the Pandaren, seeing the Mantid, the Mogu and the Sha and fighting them in dungeons and raids, do you still find MoP to be childish?

Yes. Pandas. That is all. And stupid healiss/tankiss/hackiss, really?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Snake View Post
    Now almost 3 months into the expansion, after having quested through the zones, seeing the land of the Pandaren, seeing the Mantid, the Mogu and the Sha and fighting them in dungeons and raids, do you still find MoP to be childish?
    People stupidly called it childish because of the instant association with Kung Fu Panda (which is an irritation in and of itself considering Pandaren came first). The reality is, its no more childish than anything in previous games. What is more mature/dark/hardcore about gnomes, trolls with DA VOODOO ACCENT MON, ridiculously vain elves, dwarves, and walking cows exactly?

Mists is a brilliant expansion for the most part, and they're already working on improving most of the stuff that is arguably 'wrong' with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    this.

Plus, I'm not sure what is so wrong about there being a farming community. Not sure if you knew this, but there are tons of farming communities in the world. It's how modern, civilized society can exist. A self sustaining Pandaria continent includes a farming community, in order to feed their society so that it can continue to exist and prosper.

Not sure where you think food comes from.
    Why are you trying to make a point that didnt need making?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    See my post about gnomes/cows. Also, 3 mobs that are there as an inside joke to make people snicker or laugh hardly invalidate the entire expansion.

Ironic that someone with such an immature opinion calls an expansion childish, no?

---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 04:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    I don't find things like falling corpses from the elevator (Gate of the setting sun), mass executions (Shado-pan Monastery), bugs impaled on spear which are crumbling in pain (Heart of Fear) and lots of other gruesome stuff I've witnessed so far childish.
    The first time I saw those impaled Klaxxi I made the o_o face in real life... what a creepy touch that was.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    So? The Sons of Hodir quests were full of phallic references.