Free month of Curse Premium

http://app.streamsend.com/c/17429857...Dna_newsletter

Got this in my Alienware newsletter just a bit ago. Need to have an alienware.com account (which is free to sign up for.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    I think most people I know, everyone in my 25m raidguild at least, already has it for free permanently because of the cracked *.dll's that are available ... 'out there'.

It's also a pretty sucky program to ask subscription fees for. I believed Blizzard specifically forbid for anyone to make money out of their franchise... I remember a big questhelper addon back in vanilla, an external program, getting blocked out of WoW because of that reason at least. I don't see the real huge benefit over having the "update all" button either...
    Because those people who make your WoW experience by providing you with addons deserve some sort of financial support for their otherwise charitable works in WoW.
    "Update all" is okay but tbh I'm content subbing just because I know I'm supporting those who provide me with addons.

This site is part of Curse so supporting them keeps the content rolling here also.
    I've only had the premium feature for 3 months now I have actually stopped playing WoW but I still use it to sign up for the contest and have gotten a few beta codes from them.

Google "curse client wow account hacked"

Enjoy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Because those people who make your WoW experience by providing you with addons deserve some sort of financial support for their otherwise charitable works in WoW.
    "Update all" is okay but tbh I'm content subbing just because I know I'm supporting those who provide me with addons.
    Just because you download your addons from Curse, doesnt actually mean they created them all. If Curse wouldnt be there, you'd probably download your addons from WoWInterfaces or any other site. Hell, we live in 2012 - and asking for a premium fee just to download/update more than 2 addons at once is a joke

Quote Originally Posted by BraiNSlobbeR View Post
    This site is part of Curse so supporting them keeps the content rolling here also.
    I've only had the premium feature for 3 months now I have actually stopped playing WoW but I still use it to sign up for the contest and have gotten a few beta codes from them.
    MMO-Champion was fine without Curse - ACTUALLY it has less restrictions or "Curse bonuses" than any other Curse.net website. Its Curse who needs MMO-Champion.

/sign on the cracked .dll

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Assuming we're talking about the same events, that was down to a fake link being advertised on Google some years ago causing people to download a client that was infected. There's also the same chance of it happening if you "download something to get around the subscription fee" (because after all, DLL's are just code and have an equal chance of containing malware as an exe). However, discussion of that isn't allowed on these forums (not because it's Curse, it applies to everything).

As for asking for a sub fee, it's NOT the addon authors doing it. That's what's prohibited. What you're paying for is a feature offered by Curse which allows you to download all your addons in one go as opposed to on a per-addon basis. The payment is not related to Blizzard itself in any way but instead you're paying for a service offered by Curse which doesn't qualify to be restricted under Blizzard's guidelines. I'm not stating whether i agree with it or not, just stating that it's not something Blizzard have any control over.

It was from personal experience also, I downloaded the client from the Curse website when 4.3 came out and 2 days later my account was tampered with, had no issues the previous 2 years, it turned out to be a good idea to download said client since almost all the items on all my characters were duplicated when Blizzard restored the stuff, I also got a FoS when whoever stole my account logged in

Of course a friend who has played since vanilla laughed when I told him I installed the curse client because it was apparently common and after I googled I figured out why he laughed

But yes, I know, it was my fault for getting my account stolen because *insert name here* has used the curse client for X years without any problems...etc...etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Just because you download your addons from Curse, doesnt actually mean they created them all. If Curse wouldnt be there, you'd probably download your addons from WoWInterfaces or any other site. Hell, we live in 2012 - and asking for a premium fee just to download/update more than 2 addons at once is a joke
    Indeedy, I mis-spoke. (I meant distributor.....)
    As far as I'm concerned Curse do enough that I enjoy to to warrant giving them £1.50 a month which is nothing really.