Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Harvest from sunsong ranch more than once a day?

I notice that the Patch 5.1 PTR Notes have the following change about the sunsong ranch:
    Growing crops now display the duration until the crop is ready to harvest.
    And I saw a thread that said the duration until harvest is 6 hours whenever you plant the seed. If that is ture, we will be able to harvest from sunsong ranch more than 3 times a day.

Can anybody confirm this on the PTR realm?
    Thank you.

Doubt it. The person in the thread probably just planted them six hours before midnight, server time (aka around 6 pm).

Edit: I often plant my crops at 11:50 pm, then harvest them at 12:00 am — doesn't mean they only take ten minutes to grow.

Quote Originally Posted by Hach View Post
    Doubt it. The person in the thread probably just planted them six hours before midnight, server time (aka around 6 pm).

Edit: I often plant my crops at 11:50 pm, then harvest them at 12:00 am — doesn't mean they only take ten minutes to grow.
    Would you please confirm that on the PTR realm?

Thank you very much.

would be good if we could. 24H is too long time for crops. imo it should be 8h

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    Should be 1 month tbh.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    Should be 1 month tbh.
    Yeah, and we shouldn't be allowed to play our characters 8 hrs a day because they are sleeping.
    One day is fine for crops, it's basically 3 free SoH every 2 days. Besides, I couldn't bear the thought of clearing my crops to growing stage 3 times a day every day.

Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    Yeah, and we shouldn't be allowed to play our characters 8 hrs a day because they are sleeping.
    What do you think your character is doing while you're logged off? Catching up with it's sleep deprivation you selfishly have caused.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    Dear god, no. I couldn't stand logging in 3x per day planting 16 songbell seed and then removing crap from all of them. I think I've yet to see a songbell which just grows normally.
    If they would make me do this three times per day, I'd rather burn down farmer yoons ranch instead.

15+ Year Old Account
    Since I can only make premades on the PTR I can only plant veggies, it looks like they only take 2 hours to grow now. The rare seeds may take longer. Can't check since they never fixed the character copy issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil View Post
    Dear god, no. I couldn't stand logging in 3x per day planting 16 songbell seed and then removing crap from all of them. I think I've yet to see a songbell which just grows normally.
    If they would make me do this three times per day, I'd rather burn down farmer yoons ranch instead.
    Haha, I haven't even planted any songbell for a week now. Feel so relieved not having to clear them.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Hope not, it's already pretty tedious to do it once a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Hope not, it's already pretty tedious to do it once a day.
    This, especially when I get like 6 of those damn tentacles.

Imo they should add more things like the water and pest repellent at exalted, that get rid of all of the plant problems.

There is a disturbing lack of self restraint hidden within this comment. If you don't like doing it, don't do it. Nobody is making you do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Hach View Post

actually it does ... (irrespective of the fact that you can only harvest once per 24h cycle though)

Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    actually it does ... (irrespective of the fact that you can only harvest once per 24h cycle though)
    This right here. It follows the same rules as using crafting CDs or transmutes. If you planted and tended all your crops so they are listed as "growing (insert name)" at 11:59, they will be ripe and ready to harvest at 12:00.

Deleted
    I think I've yet to see a songbell which just grows normally.
    There's no such thing as a crop that grows normally, every single one is bad (and half of them are guaranteed to be birds, rabbits or wild vines)...unrealistic and downright pathetic IMO.

I'd prefer it if they sync'd up harvest time with the daily reset. Jogu's prediction sync'ing up with the reset but not midnight confuses people.

Although the ability to double-dip is nice when it's a crop you really want.

---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 12:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Staticus View Post
    There's no such thing as a crop that grows normally, every single one is bad (and half of them are guaranteed to be birds, rabbits or wild vines)...unrealistic and downright pathetic IMO.
    Bursting!

... it's only a 1% chance, but still.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Staticus View Post
    Right because a vegetable growing from seed to harvest in 24hours just sets the precedence for realism.

OT: Cooking mat seeds should take 6-12 hours to grow and specialty seeds should take 12-24 hours to grow.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    Should be 1 month tbh.
    ^^
    10man raider
    "If I recall correctly I just posted that this topic is not to be discussed any further." -Ensidia Fanclub Founder