10+ Year Old Account

Horde/Alliance Temples - I want to be there, but there's no AH!

I like the idea of giving engineers the convenience of having an auctioneer in the respective temples in the Vale. I used to be an engineer in Wrath and loved the perk. However, now I am a Jewelcrafter, and I still use the auction house a lot. I can't access the auctioneer from the Shrine of Two Moons. It's not mega inconvenient, but I l may as well live in Orgrimmar.

I want to hang out in the new content capital, but I use the auction house so much, I have to constantly use my hearthstone (I guess Mages don't have this issue). This is sort of a rant of how I am stuck in Orgrimmar a lot, but also a constructive discussion on the pros and cons of the new auction house system.

So you were okay with it when you were an engineer but now you're not okay with it because you're not one anymore? That doesn't sound very fair. Or you can give up your other profession for engineer.... And there are also portals to org so you can use the portal to org and hearth to the shrine.

Deleted
    Be an engineer and a jewelcrafter?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    So you were okay with it when you were an engineer but now you're not okay with it because you're not one anymore? That doesn't sound very fair. Or you can give up your other profession for engineer.... And there are also portals to org so you can use the portal to org and hearth to the shrine.
    No. My point was I didn't realize it until I switched professions.

I am not saying I want everyone to be able to use the auctioneer. More complaining, but it was my choice.

Also commenting on how there's all this new content, yet I am still stuck in Orgrimmar.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeglo View Post
    I like the idea of giving engineers the convenience of having an auctioneer in the respective temples in the Vale. I used to be an engineer in Wrath and loved the perk. However, now I am a Jewelcrafter, and I still use the auction house a lot. I can't access the auctioneer from the Shrine of Two Moons. It's not mega inconvenient, but I l may as well live in Orgrimmar.
    That's the point. Blizz wants to keep the home cities active. So, the AH is not in Pandaria. It seems to be working, although I'm not sure I agree with it.

EJL

Quote Originally Posted by Zeglo View Post
    No. My point was I didn't realize it until I switched professions.

I am not saying I want everyone to be able to use the auctioneer. More complaining, but it was my choice.

Also commenting on how there's all this new content, yet I am still stuck in Orgrimmar.

once upon a time in Beta they DID have an AH in the shrines, where the portals are... but there were no portals.

the devs decides that portals to the cities would be better.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just have an engineering alt that sits in the shrine and abuses the auctioneer. Everything passes through his hands to and from the mail box. It's an extra step, but I haven't had to go back to org in quite some time.

I'd suggest using a bank alt. You can even put engineering on it and park it at shrine if that's where you want to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    That's the point. Blizz wants to keep the home cities active. So, the AH is not in Pandaria. It seems to be working, although I'm not sure I agree with it.

EJL
    Except to engineers. My main shaman hasn't even used portals since he got to the vale.

So really, there is no point to only giving it to a few classes. just throw in some scattered around pandaria and it will work out fine. Have a normal AH new the BMAH, one in halfhill, one at dawns blossom and so on.

If they want to get players out into the new world then just throw in some essential vendors and its done.
    #boycottchina

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Except to engineers. My main shaman hasn't even used portals since he got to the vale.

So really, there is no point to only giving it to a few classes. just throw in some scattered around pandaria and it will work out fine. Have a normal AH new the BMAH, one in halfhill, one at dawns blossom and so on.

If they want to get players out into the new world then just throw in some essential vendors and its done.
    Which is largely why I don't quite agree with the action.

IMO, the problem with people not being out in the world in Cataclysm had a very simple cause - there was almost literally nothing to do. That isn't the case in MOP...or at least, not yet. I think they could easily put an AH into the Shrines and not see any major impact on the world.

Stormwind and Orgrimmar, however, would see an effect.

EJL

could you imagine how much lag would be in that tiny ass temple if there was an ah?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aethon View Post
    could you imagine how much lag would be in that tiny ass temple if there was an ah?
    as much as there was in dalaran

seriously the shrines are like 2/3 smaller than dalaran, plus its way too crowded already