Deleted

Shaman VS Warlock Solo

In Wrath, i have played a Destruction Warlock, it could solo quite alot, including some bosses in Tempest Keep. Since Cataclysm however, i've made my Shaman my main. Now in MoP, i tried to solo bits with the shaman, but i remember how easy soloing was on my Warlock back in wrath. Question is,

Should i level my Warlock to 90, and if so, what content should be doable solo?

(Wrath Raids, Cata dungeons and maybe raids)

Check out the Soloing Old Content thread for a lot of reports and discussions.

Deleted
    I haven't tried to solo all that much old content, but I am soloing Ulduar 10 every week with ease. All of the Ulduar achievements are easy to get, except for one light in the darkness, whilst I have done it and almost soloed alone in the darkness (got yogg to about 19 %...) it is really RNG of weather or not you get that sodding debuff that stuns you over and over.

ToC 10 player was also really easy to solo, did it without problems.

ICC I'm not sure of, I belive we can definitely do it (except for possibly that healing dragon, no idea how we would heal her up...) but it might be significantly harder than the other two, haven't tried it however.

Cata dungeons should be more or less soloable with some ease, I did Zul'gurub earlier today and with an exception of the bloodlord it was really easy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    I haven't tried to solo all that much old content, but I am soloing Ulduar 10 every week with ease. All of the Ulduar achievements are easy to get, except for one light in the darkness, whilst I have done it and almost soloed alone in the darkness (got yogg to about 19 %...) it is really RNG of weather or not you get that sodding debuff that stuns you over and over.

ICC I'm not sure of, I belive we can definitely do it (except for possibly that healing dragon, no idea how we would heal her up...) but it might be significantly harder than the other two, haven't tried it however.

Cata dungeons should be more or less soloable with some ease, I did Zul'gurub earlier today and with an exception of the bloodlord it was really easy.
    In what gear did you do all this?

Deleted
    If you're really interested in soloing, level a DK.

Warlocks can do quite a bit, as Chaozu mentioned - but they've got nothing on a DK if your main interest is soloing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    If you're really interested in soloing, level a DK.

Warlocks can do quite a bit, as Chaozu mentioned - but they've got nothing on a DK if your main interest is soloing.
    Is a DK hard to learn/play/master?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post

You can't do ICC solo, lolz... as a Warlock. Even trash will stomp you... On normal ICC it takes like forever even to kill trash in 2 people, let alone on heroic...

Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    In Wrath, i have played a Destruction Warlock, it could solo quite alot, including some bosses in Tempest Keep. Since Cataclysm however, i've made my Shaman my main. Now in MoP, i tried to solo bits with the shaman, but i remember how easy soloing was on my Warlock back in wrath. Question is,

Should i level my Warlock to 90, and if so, what content should be doable solo?

(Wrath Raids, Cata dungeons and maybe raids)
    Shaman is probably one of the worst soloing classes in game. DK > Warlock >>>>>>> Shaman.

DK is very easy to play. There are some bosses that can give a DK a hard time soloing (the bosses that you would never dream of doing on another class), but for the most part, anything a warlock can do with a supermassive amount of effort, a DK can faceroll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan View Post
    You can't do ICC solo, lolz... as a Warlock. Even trash will stomp you... On normal ICC it takes like forever even to kill trash in 2 people, let alone on heroic...
    You're kidding right? Warlocks can solo all ICC 10 heroic (minus Gunship and Dreamwalker of course).

Deleted
    In what gear did you do all this?
    I think I had 481 item level at the time of the last Ulduar run, I'm at 484 at the moment.

Deleted
    My Warlock is currently 85, the reason i want to solo is,
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tyforce/simple

Im a achievement point hunter, i want to mark most if not all Wrath raid achievements away from the list.

Can a Warlock do that? Or should i roll a new DK.

(Ofcourse it won't be used for soloing alone..)

Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    You're kidding right? Warlocks can solo all ICC 10 heroic (minus Gunship and Dreamwalker of course).
    I tried it in 2 people, worked our way for a bit and gave up... Like it takes way, way too much time. Anyway, I just checked a video of a Warlock doing it on 10 man normal... He also gave a full detailed explanation about how to do it, on normal btw, not heroic, and it's really amazing what he did considering his effort put into this, but I keep my initial post... you can't do ICC heroic solo, just because one person can, it doesn't mean all WarlockS can, you said Warlocks, not some specific dude...

Deleted
    I tried it in 2 people, worked our way for a bit and gave up... Like it takes way, way too much time. Anyway, I just checked a video of a Warlock doing it on 10 man normal... He also gave a full detailed explanation about how to do it, on normal btw, not heroic, and it's really amazing what he did considering his effort put into this, but I keep my initial post... you can't do ICC heroic solo, just because one person can, it doesn't mean all WarlockS can, you said Warlocks, not some specific dude...
    I cleared ICC heroic 10-man like a month ago (478 ilvl), so yeah I can do ICC heroic solo. When I say warlocks can do it, I mean technically. Meaning that it's not impossible. And honestly, only the Lich King is kinda hard, everything else is really easy at 90.

Deleted
    Are DK's/Lock's Capable of soloing all Wrath raids/ BWD/BoT?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Shaman is probably one of the worst soloing classes in game. DK > Warlock >>>>>>> Shaman.
    What weeds are you smoking?
    This is one of the most untrue statement i've ever read on these forums.
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

Deleted
    Is a DK hard to learn/play/master?
    Are DK's/Lock's Capable of soloing all Wrath raids/ BWD/BoT?
    Pretty easy to learn - harder to master, but I'd say a mediocre played DK can solo anything a well played Warlock can. I'm not great on mine and can still solo heaps of content in my heroic dungeon gear - though I mostly just aim for bosses that drop mounts.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...olo-Thread-2-0

Check out that thread to find a comprehensive list of what has been soloed, no other class has done that much, not even close.

If one person can then the class can, if you cant then the probleam resides on our gear or your skill, I personaly did ICC 10hc 2man very easy just had to ask a 3rd friend for Boat