Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's beautiful to me, finally after 3 years I see another player more than twice a day while questing. Finally someone is ganking me, and there is someone to bank.

People want wow to be boring as fuck so they can farm all day and feel smart when they bitch at blizz that wow is pure farm.

Quote Originally Posted by Animalhouse View Post
    I am so sick of these made up statistics. You can't guarantee anything. Nobody wanted this. And if someone did want this, than you are either new or need your head examined.
    Oh look Blizzard put people in my world and I don't like that.

If you don't understand the tremendous long term playing value of having EVER LASTING populated open world play in WoW, then perhaps it is time you look at your head indeed.

Of course CRZ is just the first step in total integrated world play., both in WoW as in their next MMORPG.

Even with 200k people playing WoW, Wow will have 20 times MORE people playing and interacting than in the biggest WoW server of 2012...

Of course you'll have trading, AH's, guilds, just like every other new developped technique Blizzard introduced in the past.

----

The only ones not happy with all this in the long run are the Blizzard hate boys: must be terrible to have an eternal populated and lively Azeroth ....

And the next MMO will even take this playing across servers to new heights.

And of course only Blizzard has this technology, forget others can even do it.

It took 5 years to try to find a phasing technology withouta 1000 loading screens and the competition still don't have it, let alone crosserver play in open worlds..

I laugh so hard....
    Last edited by BenBos; 2012-11-18 at 09:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    The current methodology seems to be "lets bring a good amount of stuff out, knowing we're not going to please everyone, and see what happens".
    Without more means testing off live servers. Blizzard is treating live servers as PTR, and that doesn't sit well.

PTR is where it's debugged and tested. Not placed there for 2 weeks or maybe 1 month so those more interested in seeing the next patch (and finding exploits, and not reporting them) will ignore it's bad effects. You can't test a game under those conditions well.

Beta/PTR testers need to be there not for previews, but debugging. Then watching it's effect on the community. If A is causing B to report it, and also argue the point how B will cause bigger issues on live servers. The node issue just didn't come out of nowhere, it had to be seen from someone. Blizzard elected to let it pass -- and even made a lying excuse as it was always intended to be that way...not with 5+ other realms competing for the same resources as that wasn't possible then. When the devs try to cover themselves over such a major flaw, the disgust IS justified.

Flaw here is it wasn't tested enough and trying to snow players of conditions that never were designed in the game until recently. They saw but a part of the picture, and refuse to step back and see the ramifications. That's totally wrong on a design level, especially with living ecosystems like MMOs.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Just quit if you don't like it. I know that sounds like a weak argument, but people who hate blizzard seem to really hate blizzard and think that almost every decision they make is some sort of scheme to get money and power or some shit out of a Hollywood movie. Please just quit so I can argue with other people.

Quote Originally Posted by mosely View Post
    The people who think it is a problem are advanced players who understand what to expect from a leveling zone and how that differs from the endgame. The people who don't think it's a problem are the new players who are more easily impressed by seeing other players out in the world. These are the players who might never get to level cap, but are just checking out the game to see what all the hype is about. They are the people who Blizzard needs to draw into the game to replace people that are unsubscribing, and that is why we get major investment dollars spent on "improving" the lowbie game experience.
    I just love when people make presumptuous posts like this. I'm an older player, and I love CRZ. I see no reason not to. Leveling gathering professions is a bit harder, big deal. Blizzard said themselves, it was never intended to be that easy, and before Cataclysm it wasn't anyway. And yes, there's more ganking, but more world PvP is a good thing. I agree, most people in WoW couldn't care less about finding other players of their own faction and grouping up to quest, but I love the world PvP. If someone can't handle it, they should go to a PvE realm. However, I'll acknowledge that I would've rather they just merged lower population servers and been done with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yyil View Post
    Just quit if you don't like it. I know that sounds like a weak argument, but people who hate blizzard seem to really hate blizzard and think that almost every decision they make is some sort of scheme to get money and power or some shit out of a Hollywood movie. Please just quit so I can argue with other people.
    It's not only weak, detrimental to the game itself.

Secondly, if players just accept everything Blizzard offers without complaint, players will be playing vanilla now...with all the bugs and worse.

Want that?

It takes players complaining so devs can get out of their tunnel vision and see the bigger picture. Sometimes their ideas are in direct conflict with even social norms (e.g., RealID is but one case. CRZ is showing yet another oversight, and decisions at odds in how gamers game in general).
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Most of the people complaining are "no-lifers" a term for people like myself in 2008

15+ Year Old Account
    I like it. And I also loathe it.

It's nice, because it feels like early WoW seeing questers all about. However, I'm leveling a warlock right now (level 52), and I constantly get ganked or harassed by Horde every single zone I go to. I was in Winterspring last night and it was a circus... Aggressive Horde freakin' everywhere.

In Cataclysm, I leveled 4 characters from 1-85; and on each one I rarely ever gotten ganked. I breeze through Azeroth no problem, maybe a problem in Outland, nothing in Northrend, and finally the Cata zones were more frequent with hostile players.

It's all fun though, it brings the adrenaline rush back like I used to get when Horde are out hunting some Alliance.
    Last edited by Ibbi; 2012-11-18 at 09:27 PM.
    DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional and purely for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of entity, living, dead or in any other state of existence, is purely coincidental. The author cannot and will not be held accountable for such similarities or any other parallels that are imagined and/or drawn by you, the reader, between the above fictional work and real life events.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    It takes players complaining so devs can get out of their tunnel vision and see the bigger picture. Sometimes their ideas are in direct conflict with even social norms (e.g., RealID is but one case. CRZ is showing yet another oversight, and decisions at odds in how gamers game in general).
    Yeah but remember vanilla? All the shit I complained about is fixed, and CRZ is one of the last things I wanted and it magically came to be. I never posted about it or complained about my dead server and blizz still fixed the problem cause of people like you. It's just weird that no matter how much the game improves people complain as much as ever.

The people the complain still complain, and the people who don't still aren't. Why spend your time hating a game? wtflux

I used to bitch a lot on the forums in vanilla/tBC and they fixed feral druids so I know what you're saying. I'm asking at what point will you be satisfied? I was happy after patch 3.0 and you kept complaining so we got 4.0 and made me quit.
    Last edited by yyil; 2012-11-18 at 09:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Blizzard said themselves, it was never intended to be that easy
    Blizzard also lied when they claim it's always been their idea that there would be competition for resources -- they didn't tell the real truth, it was for per realm.

The whole economy system in WoW is isolated and revolves with realm only harvesting and distribution of mats. It was never planned, until recently, for multi-realm harvesting and pulling resources completely out of their own realms. The result is some messed up economies at this point.

There's no need to frustrate players leveling (actually it's best to encourage them to level!), and this was a very cheezy way from devs to justify a mistake, a b-a-d mistake.

It's actions like this is what fuels the fire of "What in the hell is Blizzard doing? Trying to kill their own IP?".

What about the people who still enjoy WoW but are also wondering who spiked the coffee at Blizz HQ when they decidee CRZ would go from "idea on a whiteboard" to the seething mess it is now?

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    ----

The only ones not happy with all this in the long run are the Blizzard hate boys
    Blizzard themselves admit there are problems with CRZ. People have legitimate complaints about it. The first mmo to implement this technology was DC:UO and i hear they had similar problems and they had a vastly smaller player base. While i am sure it was much more cost effective and less drama inducing than just merging dead realms i still think they should have went that route. At the very least they could have made it optional. That way everyone would have been happy.

Do you guys understand how powerful of an idea the concept of a million is? It's a powerful word and it means a lot. Millions of people play wow. But a fraction of them go on any websites related to wow at all. Blizz knows what they are doing.

It feels to me that you guys think that if a majority of people on the forums are complaining that means that a majority of players are complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    What about the people who still enjoy WoW but are also wondering who spiked the coffee at Blizz HQ when they decidee CRZ would go from "idea on a whiteboard" to the seething mess it is now?
    In viewing this thread, I can only see people who said they left WoW a 1000 times already that complain.

You have to be a real idiot if you complain about MORE people in the open world of WoW.

I quit wow cause it was boring as fuck, but I might have to jump on again and start up my old vanilla camp in STV ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Blizzard themselves admit there are problems with CRZ. People have legitimate complaints about it. The first mmo to implement this technology was DC:UO and i hear they had similar problems and they had a vastly smaller player base. While i am sure it was much more cost effective and less drama inducing than just merging dead realms i still think they should have went that route. At the very least they could have made it optional. That way everyone would have been happy.

Dc uo has NO seamless cross server open world play without loading screens. It is a joke to compare this with the seamless open world of Azeroth.

Merging servers has nothing to do with this technology, as merging servers would NOT populate all leveling zones, it would only make the end game more populated and all zones would still be empty.

This NEW technology will make Azeroth populated in all zones forever.

And ...WoW haters simply don't like that.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2012-11-18 at 09:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because people like to whine about anything they can on wow. If they were to whine about stuff irl like they do in wow someone would have punched them already. I love CRZ, doing 200+ battles at halaa again is so much fun. Sure you might get ganked more but you did roll on a pvp server. I do disagree with camping but that is people with ego problems that have been in wow since the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    It's not only weak, detrimental to the game itself.

Secondly, if players just accept everything Blizzard offers without complaint, players will be playing vanilla now...with all the bugs and worse.

Want that?

Ok mate you don't like wow. We get the point. Mind you know.... fucking off nobody cares about your opinion on a game you don't even play anymore. By the look of your player (yes its easy to find) you haven't even played wow since CRZ have become active. SO you have no idea what you are talking about and just blowing out your ass.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2012-11-18 at 09:51 PM.
    Aye mate

It's beautiful to me, finally after 3 years I see another player more than twice a day while questing. Finally someone is ganking me, and there is someone to bank.

People want wow to be boring as fuck so they can farm all day and feel smart when they bitch at blizz that wow is pure farm.
    You're making some mighty big assumptions. No one wants wow to be boring. Is that really what you think ? If someone doesn't like fighting with 10 other people for quest mobs they want it borning ?

I feel sorry for all the people that "need to see someone" in their zone. If I want to just throw out random insults, I guess I would say. All the people who love CRZ are lonely losers who's only friends are the random strangers they pass in a zone. If you're playing a video game and feel alone, and that bothers you, then maybe you need to go outside and try meeting real people. But such insults really don't serve much of a purpose now do they ?

I've lived in both small farm towns and 17 years in the Washington DC area. I can completely understand why some people, prefer and enjoy small towns. I can also understand why some people love the hustle and bustle of a large city. If you can't understand both sides of that, then you're not nearly as clever and enlightened as you think yourself.

People like Small servers, because they like to be able to go out and do things and not sit in traffic for an extra 45 mins. For Pvpers they like having lots of new people to gank or fight against and they're willing to sit an hour in traffic to get that. Sadly, Blizzard has made this all or nothing. So they are cartering to all the people crying and whining about being lonely while questing and it's their best fix to offer lopsided servers some PvP action. Those that wanted the quite simple life got a big F.U.

So it's easy to see why some don't like it, if you're willing to take a open honest look. Or you can just choose to look at things from what you like only perspective and remain confused as to why.

Has anyone actually explained the benefits of "seeing more people" yet? Okay, I see the reasoning behind it on PvP server(so all the badass PvP pros can prove their skill by killing people 30 levels below them), but how does it benefit PvE? I'm just curious, when I'm out doing whatever I'm doing, I don't CARE if I see more people-it doesn't benefit me, their presence contributes nothing, the only time I even notice them being there is if we're competing for spawns and nodes, and THAT is not a benefit. Group quests are basically removed, so we don't need more people for those, we can't invite them to guilds or anything, so ALL it does it make more competition for spawns. How, exactly, is that better than a world where you see less people?

Well, there are a few reasons, so let me go through them. I'm just gonna state my specific ones, but a lot of them do apply to others.

One of my issues with CRZ is that I'm already on a high pop server. Said high pop server is now sharing its space with two other high pop servers, driving up competition(and prices) for low level items even further. There's 1/3 the stuff around, now, and it was already rather scarce and heavily priced to begin with.

For the record, I come from Moon Guard, and our world was never dead. It was full of new players levelling their first characters, or people levelling their new alts, or people levelling professions, or doing loremaster and other old achievements, or people roleplaying. 'Empty' is not a word I would have ever used to describe my little home-away from home in Azeroth. I don't think the poor bastards I see from Wyrmrest Accord and Sisters of Elune(the other high pop servers we're sharing our space with, now) are likely to have done the same, either.

Thing is, MG is -the- biggest RP server in the game. It is the only RP server that gets listed as 'Full'. So if the point of CRZ was to 'make the world less empty', then why are servers that are already 'full' or even high pop, included in this? Our world -is- full. In fact, in a lot of cases, our world is so full people have to wait to get on it. I've seen blues discount people's complaints of 'competition for nodes' to be 'well now you have it like a high pop server has it'. Excuse me? If you want everyone to have it like high pop servers, why are we getting put on servers where you have multiple high population servers competing in one area?

Playing on high pop, and having played on one of the highest pop servers in the game since BC, I can certainly say that CRZ has taken a world that was 'full' and 'active' far beyond anything it's been. When levelling, I'm pretty used to having competition for mobs and nodes that I have to wait for. Sometimes, there would be two or three people waiting for a particular quest mob in an area. The other day I was levelling my mage, and saw no less than seven players swarming around an area where a couple of named quest mobs were. This can't be good for anyone. And sure, you could say 'group up and all get credit', but that was always something you could do, and no one did it.

I also have a friend and former guild leader who likes to make the server better and help lowbies by taking all the excess cloth in the bank, turning it into bags, and handing it out to low level toons in starting areas. Now she can't do this anymore because while the zone supports multiple servers, she can still only give her bags to people from Moon Guard. Now it's a challenge to find people from Moon Guard to help, an those that aren't on Moon Guard get upset(sometimes even with her), that she can't give them bags just because they happened to roll on a different server.

Then, of course, last but perhaps most annoying for me. I have a crappy computer. That can be argued to be my fault(If you want to say that, then give me $500 for a new one or shut up), but even so it's a reason for why CRZ is frustrating. The more people around in my general area, the laggier I am, which is upsetting. Add that to the random and sporadic lag that has cropped up since CRZ was implimented, and the flat out freezes when I change zones, and you've got even more of a reason for frustration.

For the sake of other people, and the 'world is dead' issue... People roll on the server they rolled on for a reason. For many players the population of the server -was- that reason, even if it is a low-pop server. There are several reasons someone would want to play on an empty server, and all of those are invalidated by CRZ. So there are quite a few reasons to be frustrated with it. How do you think someone who rolled on low pop for a reason feels when suddenly this enormous full pop server like MG, or Illidan, or Proudmoore suddenly appears on this realm and their lovely empty world is now full of PEOPLE.

Final Note: I don't use RealID, so the RID friend groups isn't a bonus I actually get to enjoy, leaving it a big long list of negatives with no positives for me.

In full conclusion: CRZ is an issue, and a legitimate one, for more than just "QQ I'M LOSING SHIT TO OTHER PEOPLE". A lot of said issue could be fixed by a simple opt-in/opt-out toggle, or just flat out disabling it for realms that are full or high population. If the idea is 'everyone has an active realm', then putting realms that can already be considered 'active' together just ends up with headbutting and frustration for those involved.

TL;DR
    I'm already ON a full pop server, I didn't need help with having a 'living world' from putting more people on it.