Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Benjamin Netanyahu claims "America is easily moved"

From Reddit:

Seems to me he's not afraid to do anything in the Middle East because America is easily manipulated in Israel's favor.

I'm not sure I like the Prime Minister of such an aggressive nation claiming we're easily manipulated.

I wish that we'd sac up and stop funding their military. New policy - Netanyahu talks tough, Netanyahu loses welfare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Netanyahu is an asshole, but this video is over a decade old and taken when he wasn't in any kind of position of authority.
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

he could have used the real word, manipulated, instead of moved and he would still be getting away with it. Because it is true, the occidental world is on a leash.

Deleted
    Israel is a traditional ally of the USA. Not only that but jews are sorta unofficial superior citizens in the USA and it's pretty clear if you look at the media of recent times and how jewish culture has some cameos and mentions in a lot of movies and stuff even though the subjects of said movies have nothing to do with that.

Therefore I doubt there would be anything Israeli government would do that would cause the USA to frown publically on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, and on top if it, he's right. Israel plays us like a fiddle. Look at what happened when the president tried to stake out a more self-interested position in Amero-Israeli politics. He was eviscerated by the Republicans and the right wing squakbox/blogosphere. God forbid we put American interests over Israeli interests.
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

Their last resort nuclear policy (or what it's rumoured to be) is pretty scary as well. Not painting any one side as the wrong doer but with friends like that, who needs enemies?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    while i dont necessarily believe we bend to their every request i do believe that should they intiate a war with iran or anyone else we will blindly follow.

I'd say he's actually quite honest in that video. It's sad, but its the truth. Lots of Americans sympathize with Israel for some weird reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    I'd say he's actually quite honest in that video. It's sad, but its the truth. Lots of Americans sympathize with Israel for some weird reason.
    They don't sympathize per-se, it's just that the media is...encouraged to show jews as the chosen people. How many movies or news stories have you seen that have a negative character of jewish origins ?! (Ok, Magneto, har har, which isn't even evil, more like emotionally scarred).

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Bob View Post
    it's just that the media is...encouraged to show jews as the chosen people.
    Encouraged by?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Encouraged by?
    I guess you may call it a media fad, in lack of a better term. Like considering jews to be cool is the new black.

There are 2 types of characters in movies that will rarely or never do anything evil: modern day court judges and jewish people. As if the media has been prohibited to belittle representatives of justice and jews.
    Last edited by mmoc7df1f50e54; 2012-11-18 at 10:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget the nutsy right-wing fundamentalist American Christian belief in the end times and needing a strong Israel to start WWIII with Christians vs Muslims.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    Don't forget the nutsy right-wing fundamentalist American Christian belief in the end times and needing a strong Israel to start WWIII with Christians vs Muslims.
    That wouldn't be much of a war. The Sharia law itself is setting fundamentalist muslim countries on the path to self destruction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Um ok........

There are 2 types of characters in movies that will rarely or never do anything evil: modern day court judges and jewish people. As if the media has been prohibited to belittle representatives of justice and jews.
    Prohibited by who?

10+ Year Old Account
    That wouldn't be much of a war. The Sharia law itself is setting fundamentalist muslim countries on the path to self destruction.
    Possibly. It's the first time it's ever really happened so I won't be making predictions. Most of it is a response to Western interventionism and the establishment of pro-Western dictators.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.

I do always wonder how much of a role this plays. It's one of those things that's under the surface and doesn't get mentioned much, I think because it sounds so fucking crazy that it's hard for non-religious and religiously moderate people to treat like it's something other Americans believe. But then you see a clip of Romney babbling about Jesus ruling from Jerusalem and Missouri, and you wonder...

Currently the usa has been tying their hands, im sure he wouldnt mind taking the gloves off.

"wish that we'd sac up and stop funding"

I wish we would stop giving africa billions of dollars to prevent aids since it doesnt work. Primates wont wear a condom no matter how much we spend on "educating" them.

Infracted.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2012-11-18 at 11:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I do always wonder how much of a role this plays. It's one of those things that's under the surface and doesn't get mentioned much, I think because it sounds so fucking crazy that it's hard for non-religious and religiously moderate people to treat like it's something other Americans believe. But then you see a clip of Romney babbling about Jesus ruling from Jerusalem and Missouri, and you wonder...
    Not mentioned much I think by the US media but it's certainly been discussed worldwide. It genuinely freaks me out that my very intelligent father-in-law actually thinks about this sort of thing and lets it influence his geopolitical views.