Thread: CRZ is stupid

Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Yes when you enter a CRZ you enter a "neutral" zone of that which several different servers zone into, but if you're on a PvP server only people from other PvP servers will be able to zone into it. Someone from a PvE realm cannot zone into a PvP realm unless invited by someone on a PvP realm over real ID, and even then you are just a "guest" on their server and still have to live up to their rules.

So even if someone who's on a PvE realm invites someone from a PvP realm, that person will still not be able to gank you.
    Ahem.

Make your mind up...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    Ahem.

Make your mind up...
    I'm saying the exact same thing there as here, I don't know how you read that as anything else.

Deleted
    I'm saying the exact same thing there as here, I don't know how you read that as anything else.
    So you agree that there are no discrete servers any longer?

Yes or no?

I play on Zenedar, EU. But that no longer exists as a seperate server to level up on - yes or no?

Quote Originally Posted by Tesk View Post
    It's retarded in PVE also, u get the higher levels going for Loremaster, you have, a ridiculous amount of people trying to level also, so your fighting for mobs, and leveling gathering professions is silly, i spent 2 hours flying around Howling Fjord for Goldclover, and ive flown around again for it, no-where to be found, it is a pointless system
    Kind of how it worked when most of us were originally leveling when the content was new. Sorry you don't get the welfare free ride to easy mats anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea what you are talking about... Care to clarify?
    Nope, don't need too.

I'm just watching and LMAO over it all.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Deleted
    So you agree that there are no discrete servers any longer?

Yes or no?

I play on Zenedar, EU. But that no longer exists as a seperate server to level up on - yes or no?
    There are definitely separate severs, I listed them earlier, scroll up and re-read it because you clearly missed it.

And if your point is "I no longer have the option to only meet people from Zenedar EU" then no shit, that's what CRZ does, it brings realms together. But there are still different kinds of servers thus different servers. The fact that each server also has their own AH, and that CRZ is not yet applied to Orgrimmar, Stormwind or Pandaria further shows that servers do in fact still exist.

Deleted
    There are definitely separate severs, I listed them earlier, scroll up and re-read it because you clearly missed it.
    You said merged servers.

ANd then you do it again below....
    And if your point is "I no longer have the option to only meet people from Zenedar EU" then no shit, that's what CRZ does, it brings realms together. But there are still different kinds of servers thus different servers. The fact that each server also has their own AH, and that CRZ is not yet applied to Orgrimmar, Stormwind or Pandaria further shows that servers do in fact still exist.
    Ok, so there are no longer pvp servers.

Thank you.

Deleted
    You said merged servers.

Thank you.
    I have no idea how you got "there are no longer pvp servers" from that... It's nowhere near what I said. It's in fact the very opposite of what I said.

Hence why I have to come to the conclusion that you are either delusional or trolling, either way I can't be arsed to continue this ridiculous argument when you can't even bother reading what I have to say...

Good day, "Sir".

10+ Year Old Account
    I like CRZ. If you don't, you can quit the game or transfer to a non-PVP server.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Nope, don't need too.

I'm just watching and LMAO over it all.
    So you're posting nothing constructive to the thread at hand?

OT: Actually Injin I'm aware of what you are trying to say but the fact that there is no CRZ in Pandaria zones makes your statements false.

Deleted
    I have no idea how you got "there are no longer pvp servers" from that... It's nowhere near what I said. It's in fact the very opposite of what I said.
    Well to have a discrete server, then only people who are on that server would be able to access it. As soon as players from other realms can arrive on it, it's no longer server replated gameplay.

So, to take myself as an example _ I wanted to play on zenedar, EU. Not on al akir, EU or anything like that (seriously, those guys are assholes..) but now ofc I haven't got a choice about that, because my server has gone. All I have now is a pvp battlegroup.
    Hence why I have to come to the conclusion that you are either delusional or trolling, either way I can't be arsed to continue this ridiculous argument when you can't even bother reading what I have to say...

Good day, "Sir".
    I shall miss you. /tear

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 12:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post

OT: Actually Injin I'm aware of what you are trying to say but the fact that there is no CRZ in Pandaria zones makes your statements false.
    Incomplete, maybe. I do take your point though. There is still some semblance of the old way left. For how long.....

Okay so, a lot of people are blaming CRZ for essentially making WoW work the way it was intended again. I mean, it does suck that world PVP is like 99% ganking in which you have absolutely no ability to fight back (and even if you have a level 90 in full PVP gear by the time you get them over to where you were ganked the ganker is long gone anyway, or is a healer or have friends or some other BS that basically makes them un-soloable). Which isn't actually PVP it's just griefing. But that's the way it's always been in WoW, fixing that would be a huge change. Getting rid of CRZ would be throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    without knowing blizzard would do this in the future...
    So let me see if I understand the logic. You roll a toon on a PVP server thinking "I hate world PVP but luckily nobody is out in the world anyway so I won't ever have to deal with world PVP".

Yeah I'm putting this squarely back in the "your fault" category.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    I just want to throw in my opinion on the topic as someone who rolled on a PvP server way back when the game released in the EU.

too many shrill voices from both malevolent carebears jumping at every opportunity to share their hatred of anything PvP and the typical ganking sociopaths who obviously dont understand the actual meaning of a PvP server. Which is not surprising or inexcusable seing how it has been lost almost completely over the years...

the problem with CRZ and PvP server is that CRZ is the EXACT OPPOSITE of what pvp realms are about and certainly not what people who rolled on PvP servers back when it meant something intended...

pvp servers were always about rivalry and faction pride. Admittedly that was mostly gone before CRZ but now Blizzard found a way to make it even worse...

Back in the day it was not unusual to have an actual nemesis....or 10!!!
    And it wasn't just on a personal level. Whole guild feuds starting with one little harmless gank...
    It was such a glorious time when open pvp meant something and even if it was only ganking, there was fun and meaning in it because you would always meet again. Once upon a time.

Getting ganked by someone you will never see again has zero meaning. Ganking someone who will never have a chance at retaliation just because they are from some lame weird server you have never even heard about before is evoking not the slightest emotion in me. Except it makes me sad by forcing me to reminisce about times not so long ago.

The whole identity of your server is gone in the world outside pandaria...it is so sad :-(
    Last edited by mmoc10839b38d9; 2012-11-19 at 01:02 AM.

People that are using meme's or "you rolled pvp" must be confused. Do you go beat up little old ladies or babies and call yourself a thug? How is camping lower level or lower skilled players pvp? There is no challenge or honor in it. I guess I am odd but if I see an opposite faction player and looking to fight or think he is watching me and aggressive I always use emotes and make sure I have their attention. I have ganked people and went it without notice but thats generally if they are ganking others or there is a group and I want to get the jump on them to even out their number advantage. Killing people doing dailies or leveling is rather lame. If you wait for them to attack mobs or get low then blow all your cooldowns and kill them before they notice you then thats not pvp. If they don't fight back or have the chance to then its not pvp. WoW even on a pvp server is pretty much a pve game in the world other than uncompetitive ganking. If you are a pvper go do battlegrounds and arena or find worthy opponents in the world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Okay so, a lot of people are blaming CRZ for essentially making WoW work the way it was intended again. I mean, it does suck that world PVP is like 99% ganking in which you have absolutely no ability to fight back (and even if you have a level 90 in full PVP gear by the time you get them over to where you were ganked the ganker is long gone anyway, or is a healer or have friends or some other BS that basically makes them un-soloable). Which isn't actually PVP it's just griefing. But that's the way it's always been in WoW, fixing that would be a huge change. Getting rid of CRZ would be throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

So let me see if I understand the logic. You roll a toon on a PVP server thinking "I hate world PVP but luckily nobody is out in the world anyway so I won't ever have to deal with world PVP".

Yeah I'm putting this squarely back in the "your fault" category.
    While you are right about what ganking is the differences today and "back when" are astronomical.
    world pvp was never intended to throw complete strangers against each other, never to see each other again, never to build a rivalry (or maybe even a friendship or at least mutual respect). Gank someone and fly away. Seeeee yaaaaaa. Yeah, actual flying mounts pretty much destroyed open pvp already but still, Blizzard finds ways to make it worse...

Sure, people who roll on pvp servers today should know better but that doesnt change the fact that CRZ is doing nothing at all to combat the real problem, only making new problems appear.

Getting rid of CRZ would be throwing out the baby with the bathwater.
    If there's some time I'd like the opportunity to urinate on it before you throw it out. Thanks.

You said merged servers.

Thank you.
    There are PvE servers, PvP servers, RPPvE servers, and RPPvP servers. CRZ means that many servers now blend in specific zones, but they still have their own separate guilds, auction houses, capitals, etc.... in fact, the fact that such a distinction still exists is the biggest reason I think CRZ is idiotic.

Furthermore, the design intent of CRZ is that PvE servers only merge with PvE servers, and PvP servers only merge with PvP servers. That means that since I play on PvE servers, I'll never accidentally wander in to a PvP server.

By intentionally grouping with someone from a PvP server, i could in fact find myself in PvP server territory... but that functionality is completely independent of the CRZ functionality, and not a part of this discussion.

Thus, regardless of whether you consider servers to be separate or not under the new system, there is still clearly a distinction between PvP servers and PvE servers.... even if you want to call it something else, PvE and PvP are still distinct from one another.

No amount of word twisting will change that, and continued attempts only make yourself look bad.

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 01:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    I like CRZ. If you don't, you can quit the game or transfer to a non-PVP server.
    ... CRZ exists on non-PvP servers as well.... the only reason a PvP sever would matter would be if the reason you disliked CRZ was because of ganking, and if that's the case why are you on a PvP server in the first place? (It is my personal opinion that ganking is the only point of PvP servers, but that's another discussion.)

Here's some ideas: Log out for 10 minutes, swap toons, do a dungeon.

Or, since you're level 77 you could just mount away...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Keep pluggin' on, Xeraxis, I'll be reading and watching it all as an outsider for a change.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrophagist View Post
    I play on a PVP server, so I'm used to getting ganked and ganking others. However, after CRZ zones were introduced, all that's happening is that I and others are getting respawn camped by a bunch of level 90 shitheads.

I'm level 77 right now. I could have been 90 already. Camped from level 20 to level 77...

I have spent the last 2 hours being spawn camped. I literally cannot respawn without being one shot by this cunt rogue who has been here for fucking two hours.

Seriously, I can't blame the kids who are botting their way to 90. Don't blame them at all. This isn't fun.
    hehe, what are you doing outside your capital city past lvl15? 58-59 is the only reason to go outside(and maybe 80 and up)
    Only reason to hate CRZ is the random lag spike when you walk over to another zone, and if you got someone sitting on your 2person mount they will fall off.

u picked PVP, deal with it QQer