10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Yeah but they didn't exactly deliver a blowout in either game. Seems everyone's getting their season's best scores against Oakland this year.

I mean, I knew we were in for a long recovery process but I didn't think it'd be this painful.
    True. And Carson Palmer can't have many more years left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    True. And Carson Palmer can't have many more years left.
    You'll be amazed how much Oakland will milk a QB, look at Gannon.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Looks like the Pats had something to prove today lol.
    Denver looked phenomenal again on both sides of the ball. Speaking of this game, I am 100% convinced that the officials have absolutely no idea how to apply the process of the catch rule. San Diego scores a garbage time TD on a great catch, as he is coming down in the air (this is all one motion), the receiver falls to the ground with his upper body across the goal line. The ball hits the ground and comes loose from his hands and bounces into his body. Somehow that is a TD because the official deemed that the receiver stretching over the line was a football move making it the second part of a catch. That makes no sense at all in this situation because he wasn't stretching over the line. This was all one motion from him leaping to make the catch then falling into the end zone. I would love to see the NFL come out and explain how this is a good catch while Calvin Johnson's famous example isn't where Calvin literally has both feet down, falls on his ass, and then leaves the ball there as he is standing up isn't a catch. I think each officiating crew has no idea how to apply this rule so just does it randomly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yahoo Sports Link

Apparently, the Jets locker room looks more fragmented after a win than it does after a lose. Bart Scott tries, and fails, to get the Defense to (basically) boycott the media after the game. All he wants them to say is, "Both teams played hard." Looks like even his own teammates are telling him to shut up now. lol

Thank God the Ravens didn't bring him back. Wasn't very fond of him while he was here, but definitely don't like him now.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post
    Yahoo Sports Link

Apparently, the Jets locker room looks more fragmented after a win than it does after a lose. Bart Scott tries, and fails, to get the Defense to (basically) boycott the media after the game. All he wants them to say is, "Both teams played hard." Looks like even his own teammates are telling him to shut up now. lol

Thank God the Ravens didn't bring him back. Wasn't very fond of him while he was here, but definitely don't like him now.
    Good thing that's all any post-game interviewee ever says anyway. Who cares what they will and won't say?

15+ Year Old Account
    Good thing that's all any post-game interviewee ever says anyway. Who cares what they will and won't say?
    He was just trying to give the media a fuck you for running the stories from anonymous sources that the offense is pushing for Tebow to start and that some of the defensive players said Tebow is garbage. Keep people from saying shit in the first place and you won't have to try and create a boycott lol.

I was going to watch the Steelers Ravens game, but I don't feel like losing my ability to see thanks to Pittsburgh's abysmal third jerseys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    He was just trying to give the media a fuck you for running the stories from anonymous sources that the offense is pushing for Tebow to start and that some of the defensive players said Tebow is garbage. Keep people from saying shit in the first place and you won't have to try and create a boycott lol.

I was going to watch the Steelers Ravens game, but I don't feel like losing my ability to see thanks to Pittsburgh's abysmal third jerseys.
    Yeah I'm finding it hard to take them seriously. They almost look like striped prison uniforms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'm finding it hard to take them seriously. They almost look like striped prison uniforms.
    Yeah, they were seriously bothering me ... until I saw a QB who barely moves in the pocket run for a 30+ yard TD.

God, this D is awful. >.<

---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 08:52 PM ----------

Sigh ... again with this shitty offensive playcalling.

Once again, we have a 3rd and long and Cameron's call is a quick, short pass to Ray Rice that's absolutely no where near the 1st down marker.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftwich looked hurt before that game started.

15+ Year Old Account
    Andy Reid is a tremendous idiot. Keeping your teams best player in the game with under two minutes to go while trailing by FOUR possessions because, as Reid said in his press conference, "They were still trying to win the game" is shockingly stupid. The Eagles refuse to run most of the time anyways, like you know all game when they had a rookie with no experience drop back 50 times, but they finally choose to run with 2 minutes left in a game there is a 0% chance of winning? It is just dumb. Dumb.

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 10:47 AM ----------

Alex Smith officially out tonight. So that pretty much promises one of the most unwatchable MNF games in awhile. Incoming 6-3 game.

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 11:41 AM ----------

The constant barrage of Luck for Rookie of the Year.

Player 1: 90.5 QBR (12th in the NFL), 62.1% completion rate, 15 TD, 8 INT, 3 Fumbles Lost
    Player 2: 77.2 QBR (worse than Gabbert), 57% completion rate, 17 TD, 12 INT, 5 Fumble lost
    Player 3: 101 QBR (5th in NFL), 67.1% completion rate, 18 TD, 3 INT, 2 Fumbles lost

Which one of those players looks like the Rookie of the Year here? It certainly isn't #2, Andrew Luck. #1 is Wilson. He and Luck both have 6 wins. They both have 2 fourth quarter comeback wins (Wilson would have three if he didn't have receivers drop literally three touchdowns on the final drive of the Cards game). Yes Luck throws more so he has more yards than either Wilson or RG3. Luck has been very good, but he hasn't been more impressive than the other two rookie QBs who are actually performing well.

To be fair, one of Wilson's come from behinds was the travesty of a Green Bay game. Kinda balances out not getting the other one. I think people are pushing Luck to make the rookie of the year conversation more interesting. Otherwise it's RG3 by a mile and a half.

Deleted
    Wilson is carried by the team in comparison with RG3 and Luck, who have shitty defences and worse run game, forcing them to make more out of the game than Wilson. So that's why he isn't going to get rookie of the year, and the only reason Luck is ahead of RG3 is win percentage.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2012-11-19 at 06:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Colts have good run D but poor pass D
    Washington has one of the top 5 rushers in the league at RB so I don't think it accurate to say they have no run game

there's no doubt Wilson is better off on both fronts, but it doesn't mean the others are all alone

10+ Year Old Account
    The constant barrage of Luck for Rookie of the Year.

Player 1: 90.5 QBR (12th in the NFL), 62.1% completion rate, 15 TD, 8 INT, 3 Fumbles Lost
    Player 2: 77.2 QBR (worse than Gabbert), 57% completion rate, 17 TD, 12 INT, 5 Fumble lost
    Player 3: 101 QBR (5th in NFL), 67.1% completion rate, 18 TD, 3 INT, 2 Fumbles lost

Which one of those players looks like the Rookie of the Year here? It certainly isn't #2, Andrew Luck. #1 is Wilson. He and Luck both have 6 wins. They both have 2 fourth quarter comeback wins (Wilson would have three if he didn't have receivers drop literally three touchdowns on the final drive of the Cards game). Yes Luck throws more so he has more yards than either Wilson or RG3. Luck has been very good, but he hasn't been more impressive than the other two rookie QBs who are actually performing well.
    http://www.hawkblogger.com/2012/11/r...ons-faced.html

Wilson is honestly the best rookie QB. I'm sorta biased cause I hate "run option" QBs, which is why I'm glad Russell was coached in Seattle to step up to the pocket or rolling out looking for receivers instead of just going for it and getting maybe a few yards and getting hit. Hes also the only rookie QB that had split reps, and they weren't split down the middle, Russell actually had the same as TJack initially with Flynn having the most.

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 01:06 PM ----------

Oh wow Ed Reed suspended 1 game....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post

Wilson is honestly the best rookie QB. I'm sorta biased cause I hate "run option" QBs, which is why I'm glad Russell was coached in Seattle to step up to the pocket or rolling out looking for receivers instead of just going for it and getting maybe a few yards and getting hit. Hes also the only rookie QB that had split reps, and they weren't split down the middle, Russell actually had the same as TJack initially with Flynn having the most.

That was coming eventually.

From the helmet-to-helmet hit. Can't remember which Pitt. receiver it was on. Not so much that particular hit, but he's had fines from similar hits multiple times. I certainly don't think Ed is a head-hunting type of guy. His problem is that he's always worrying about his neck (which he should be if the on-again/off-again rumors are true) so whenever there's a chance that he'll make a hit/play, he curls up his head/shoulders/etc. and blindly comes at the receiver. Huge no-no.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post

I enjoy Weeden's TD rate against top 10 defenses. 0.00% lol. Just a couple more weeks and I will buy a Wilson home jersey when he makes it through the whole season without getting demoted.

Speaking of the Seahawks, when they trade Flynn this offseason, which they will since they found their QB of the future, who do you think goes after him? I tend to think flipping him to the Jets for Sanchez and a 2nd-3rd rounder wouldn't be a bad choice at all. Sanchez could serve as a suitable backup and Carroll knows him better than anyone. I doubt he is going to be a starter next year unless the Jags deal for him. The only teams in the market for a QB that don't have a current QB or at least a QB they think could be the future of their franchise is:
    Jacksonville- Self explanatory. Henne is their best QB and they have refused to start him. Gabbert had the 2nd worst QB season in post-merger HISTORY last year (just ahead of David Carr's rookie campaign in Houston when they were an expansion team) and he hasn't been much better this season at all.
    New York Jets- I think they clean house either totally or maintain Ryan but they will have a new GM and QB at the very least
    Kansas City- Ya they have no one
    Philadelphia- Assuming they cut Vick and look for a competing option to Foles
    Arizona- Ya they have no one

So realistically that is 5 teams looking for a QB in the draft or in free agency to start for their team. You could throw another 2-3 teams on there with Buffalo (if they clean house although Fitz is due a ton of money and isn't awful), Oakland (although Palmer is on pace for just short of 5,000 years), and the Rams (seriously has Bradford showed ANYTHING to make anyone think he is the long term answer there although he isn't having a horrible solution, just mediocre?) Have to imagine Sanchez could be an option for someone. Same for Vick. There are a big fat Zero franchise QBs in this draft unless Barkley completely turns around in the NFL after his horrible year. Jacksonville could keep Henne who has been an average starter his entire career (average ain't bad for the Lags). Another QB I think teams move on is Shaun Hill in Detroit. He is the best backup QB in the NFL, at least as far as I can think of one. He has played 14 games for the Lions the last three years with an average QBR of 89. That is fantastic. He is too good to languish as a back up on a mediocre team with a set QB in front of him.

Oh ya and Tim Tebow will likely be available if he isn't the new Jets starter so there is that whole thing...
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-11-20 at 01:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is quite a bit of a debate on Matt Flynn and where he goes after this season.

I actually don't think he will go anywhere, at least thats what Seattle wants. Flynn obviously wants to play somewhere. So its a toss up. I do think Seattle will draft another QB this draft. I could see him in Arizona though. Rumor was that they wanted Travaris Jackson because he knows our playbook.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy Weeden's TD rate against top 10 defenses. 0.00% lol. Just a couple more weeks and I will buy a Wilson home jersey when he makes it through the whole season without getting demoted.

Speaking of the Seahawks, when they trade Flynn this offseason, which they will since they found their QB of the future, who do you think goes after him? I tend to think flipping him to the Jets for Sanchez and a 2nd-3rd rounder wouldn't be a bad choice at all. Sanchez could serve as a suitable backup and Carroll knows him better than anyone. I doubt he is going to be a starter next year unless the Jags deal for him. The only teams in the market for a QB that don't have a current QB or at least a QB they think could be the future of their franchise is:
    Jacksonville- Self explanatory. Henne is their best QB and they have refused to start him. Gabbert had the 2nd worst QB season in post-merger HISTORY last year (just ahead of David Carr's rookie campaign in Houston when they were an expansion team) and he hasn't been much better this season at all.
    New York Jets- I think they clean house either totally or maintain Ryan but they will have a new GM and QB at the very least
    Kansas City- Ya they have no one
    Philadelphia- Assuming they cut Vick and look for a competing option to Foles
    Arizona- Ya they have no one

So realistically that is 5 teams looking for a QB in the draft or in free agency to start for their team. You could throw another 2-3 teams on there with Buffalo (if they clean house although Fitz is due a ton of money and isn't awful), Oakland (although Palmer is on pace for just short of 5,000 years), and the Rams (seriously has Bradford showed ANYTHING to make anyone think he is the long term answer there although he isn't having a horrible solution, just mediocre?) Have to imagine Sanchez could be an option for someone. Same for Vick. There are a big fat Zero franchise QBs in this draft unless Barkley completely turns around in the NFL after his horrible year. Jacksonville could keep Henne who has been an average starter his entire career (average ain't bad for the Lags). Another QB I think teams move on is Shaun Hill in Detroit. He is the best backup QB in the NFL, at least as far as I can think of one. He has played 14 games for the Lions the last three years with an average QBR of 89. That is fantastic. He is too good to languish as a back up on a mediocre team with a set QB in front of him.

Oh ya and Tim Tebow will likely be available if he isn't the new Jets starter so there is that whole thing...
    Cowboys may be looking for a QB to groom in the draft. Don't be surprised if they take one in round 2 or 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    remember the extension Sanchez signed after the Jets whiffed on Manning?

Sanchez's contract for next season is a guaranteed $8mil, not backup money, that's probably not something another team is going to want to pick up

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy mother of god... I was at work for the game, and couldn't watch it, but I had my bosses running score updates, and now after watching the highlights, Aldon Smith is a freaking monster, and this is exactly why the 49ers need to get another Justin Smith, that position and how Fangio runs the defense gives offensive lines fits with all the stunts that come from the two of them.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!