Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghonda View Post
    Those aren't fire spells...
    green fire everything suits me, Not for you maybe. Besides if you didn't want it; Just don't do it is what I'm saying

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    Well,
    I don't know how it will apply for me, I'm playing as Afflic. (
    Fel fl- oh...

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Q: Patch 5.1 contains an extremely interesting questline involving the Black Temple and a lot of warlock lore, is there anything more you can tell us about this? Is this quest for all classes or just for warlocks?
    A: The Black Temple thing in Patch 5.1 is a Warlock specific class quest and it is building up to something. It was datamined as a scenario, but it is not a scenario. It is just a small one off class quest for Warlocks. When it makes sense for the lore and assets we are trying to introduce, it is cool to have these little one off quests like we added for the Monk as they level up with skill challenges. It is just something nice we thought we would do for the Warlock class. It is not a big deal.

Q: Is it finally time for Blizzard to bring green fire spells to the game?
    A: Maybe.
    I guess that's our answer.

maybe? well I guess its better than no. but still I don't understand why they just cant confirm or refute that this quest rewards green fire. it would be much better to know that this quest is purely for lore and class flavor, that way no one gets their hopes up
    Last edited by demonik; 2012-11-18 at 11:54 PM.

Do we get a choice in the matter between red and green? I prefer my warlock fire red...

So the quest still exists and all those people whining about it being removed were just pointlessly upsetting themselves with baseless speculation.
    Just as I thought.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Do we get a choice in the matter between red and green? I prefer my warlock fire red...
    Hopefully they'll put an option to stay red, for those who want to do the quest but not go green. If not, just don't do the quest.

Also, looking at what he's saying, the speculation that the questline will continue through the patches may not be so. He says it's a one off quest, so maybe green fire will be happening this patch and not further down the line. Though, he does say it's building up to something.

Oh well, we've only got a week or two until we find out for certain.
    Last edited by Fablewynd; 2012-11-18 at 11:58 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks getting even more unique spell effects? Oh well!

Semi butthurt, been leveling a warlock and they have so much ozom stuff ._.

Deleted
    I was wondering for a while now if it was removed with no official mention in patch notes or whether the initial questline ending in 'cont in patch 5.2' indiciated they were just testing the early stage in 5.1 and were gonna release it wholesale in 5.2 maybe due to some negative feedback concerning the initial part having no 'reward'.
    I think the maybe is reasonably unequivacal as being a yes just not wanting to come out and say it. If it wasn't I'd imagine they would just say up front. Unless theres some legitimate issues that crop up in the future that makes implementing it unviable. If that turns out to the case a proper explanation would be welcome as the teasing is a bit harsh. I'm skeptical about it being called a one-off small thing as the datamined questline was reasonably extensive. When he's talking about it being a small one-off thing I believe he's not simply refering to the questline as a whole but pinning it down to purely the Black Temple 'scenario'. Kind of a shame it isn't a scenario in a way, good way to have class specific content is to have the big thing implemented as a scenario so people without that class can get a glimpse of the lore and use part of the content.

Sadly that talk about it being something thats being built up probably means that the 5.2 extension remains so any potential for green fire or other things most likely in my view won't be in 5.1. That might be what the datamined akama ring was though, maybe just some throwaway thing they put in so theres some kind of solid reward. In my opinion though if they do go the route of green fire, judging from what I've read from datamined stuff, destro will get green fire, demo most likely gets more demon forms (not a clue if soulfire will get a fel option). Theres nothing said currently that I can see that hints at affliction. The book in SW about the lore of the black harvest (already ingame for people who don't know and who want to read up) speaks specifically about fire so the datamined stuff that made me think about demon forms is purely in the 5.1 questline. So affliction stuff may be hinted more at in the 5.2 extension. My bets on more 'souley' stuff, like more cruel soul animations on soulburn and drain soul maybe getting some cool thing that lets you 'use' the soul of a recently defeated enemy to conjure up a spirit copy of them or something. Massive random specilation there ofc because theres nothing really atm solid to hint at possible affliction rewards.

Let's not make page long posts by creating humongous breaks in the text in the future, m'kay ~xskarma
    Last edited by xskarma; 2012-11-19 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Looking at the datamined stuff it looks as though we'll learn a spell that can be toggled on and off.

Xelnath had actually hinted that we would be be able to change back to red, but the cost would be great.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Xelnath had actually hinted that we would be be able to change back to red, but the cost would be great.
    Well hes not here anymore ._. is the problem

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Well hes not here anymore ._. is the problem
    He wasn't alone in working on it.