Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    I think it's a good change. There's something that's hard to solo, which is fine, but then there are things which are impossible to solo by virtue of mechanics that demand multiple players. Razorgore the Untamed is a fantastic example of this. He's not even remotely difficult as he is, it's just that the multiplayer-reliant mechanic makes him pretty much unsoloable. Having to drag up someone to help kill Razorgore in a raid that's otherwise a total joke isn't fun.

I doubt that more bleeding-edge solo attempts will be affected by this change, except where they're absolutely impossible due to mechanics. Possibly like Valithria Dreamwalker for non-healers, for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    I feel so sorry for the poor DKs who will have an even easier time.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Wait...are they actually lowering the health pools of the harder to solo raid bosses as well....like Ulduar 25 or Cat raids? Or are they just fixing stuff like Razorgore?

Battle of the Badasses - Warcraft Edition

Congrats to Medivh

Bracket Results Here

Quote Originally Posted by Nuke1096 View Post
    Wait...are they actually lowering the health pools of the harder to solo raid bosses as well....like Ulduar 25 or Cat raids? Or are they just fixing stuff like Razorgore?
    They are just fixing mechanics to make near impossible bosses soloable
    no bosses health is being reduced

The reason they are doing this is because of the pets that drop from them

Stuff like ICC and ulduar cata etc that has no vanity pets that drop are being left alone afaik

Whts wrong with twin emperors?
    That guy (>'.')>

WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

Quote Originally Posted by Deepsidedj View Post
    Whts wrong with twin emperors?
    Nothing wrong, its just a dps race, nothing more. Essentially you just gotta have enough dps to out-dps their heals, which are about 30k/tick or so.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    Would be interesting if they changed the 10 man loot tables in ICC & Ulduar to drop the mounts / legendary items. Since the shared lockouts it's always been something that has bugged me.

But it's fantastic news anyway, having to exploit fights to get past those mechanics has always felt a bit wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    ''Raid groups are no longer necessary to enter pre-Mists of Pandara raid dungeons. Enemies in these raids that previously required more than one player to defeat are now more easily dealt with by players battling alone.''

So, no more soloing 'the hard way' :/ Not sure if I like it because I was already getting bored on my DK, soloed almost everything available for him, and now it's becoming even easier.

So, for me it's 1 big positive and 1 possible negative, depending on how blizzard will implement it. Your reactions?

EDIT: I might have mis-read it, and the change actually means that previously unsoloable bosses under any cirmustance are now soloable.
    I'll wait for official post to confirm it, reason is there are many 'grey' bosses which aren't unsoloable but killing them solo is alot harder then normally. Such bosses are for example Twin Emps, Gluth and Thaddius, etc... So, once again let's wait for official confirmation.

EDIT(2): Here's a list of bosses that might be fixed in 5.1, sorry for typos in names.
    Original:
    -Blackwing Lair: Razergore
    -Temple of Ahn'qiraji: Viscidus, Twin Emps (I hope not), and C'thun

TBC:
    -Black Temple: High Warlord Naj'entus, Reliquary of Souls
    -Sunwell Plateau: Kalecgos

WotLK:
    -Naxxramas: Gluth, Thaddius (Unlikely)
    -Ulduar: Algalon
    -Icecrown Citadel: Gunship fight, Valithria Dreamwalker

I'm unsure of Cataclysm bosses.
    I could be wrong here, what I'm reading is you can ENTER them solo, but thats no promise that we'll be able to actually SOLO the bosses with wonky fight mechanics, just that we'll have to opportunity to TRY, without a 2nd person.

but, of course, I could be reading it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Haarvald View Post
    I could be wrong here, what I'm reading is you can ENTER them solo, but thats no promise that we'll be able to actually SOLO the bosses with wonky fight mechanics, just that we'll have to opportunity to TRY, without a 2nd person.

but, of course, I could be reading it wrong.
    For all raids, yes we'll be able to enter without a raid group. However they are only changing Razorgore, Naj'entus and Viscidus in regards to mechanics.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    Bit silly if they change the mechanics. Where does it end? Isn't this is M in MMO? Not needing to be in a raid group, sure, that's convenience. But changing mechanics? Why not just completely tune it to be soloable at level 90.

I was hoping they would just open the door at Razorgore's, so you can skip him and go straigth to Vael. But I guess some people want the set bracers as loot as well.

As a 'solo old content' fan, I'm glad to see it's getting some lovin', cool to see Blizz cater to this too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

Deleted
    Hopefully this can be seen as a sign that the big feared Item Squish will never come.

Deleted
    Is there an official list on which fights are being "fixed"? Occurred to me that Throne of the Four Winds will be a challenge, unless they just let us skip to Al'akir

Should definitely include Thorim, he's far more biased than most bosses in your list (requiring engineering). Don't think they will be fixing twin emps and gluth, because their dps requirements are a joke now (except maybe gluth 25).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by d07RiV View Post
    Should definitely include Thorim, he's far more biased than most bosses in your list (requiring engineering). Don't think they will be fixing twin emps and gluth, because their dps requirements are a joke now (except maybe gluth 25).
    You can do it with potion of swiftness, engineering just makes it easier.