Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftech View Post
    Welcome to 0bama's America. Grab your popcorn because its just getting good. In a few months, it will make what is happening in Greece look like a discussion about a short drawer at McDonalds.
    Ignore this Tool and his mis-information, go back to your bunker and make sure your twinkie supply is still there.

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Guys! It's all Obama's fault! He does, after all, have a big button in the Oval Office labeled "Destroy America."
    i heard it looks exactly like mim's button

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    Wait....I thought Hostess and Little Debbie were two different companies.
    Hostess owned a bunch of snack cake products, not just the twinkie. Cosmic brownies are my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    Hostess owned a bunch of snack cake products, not just the twinkie. Cosmic brownies are my favorite.
    They also are the #2 breadmaker in the USA, which is Wonder/Natures Pride and a few others.

Deleted
    Ready your weapons men, the twinky wars have started.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    I dare you all to pick a side, democrat or republican, and then show up for the primaries and help choose a candidate for your district, and then show up for the 2014 general election. And any time you see Obama's mug pop up on the TV and start blathering about domestic policy, extend your middle finger and tell them to get back to his desk because that's not his job.

Also, On Topic: Rest in Peace Twinkie. According to the articles on it's demise people just weren't actually buying them, so even if hostess is bought up, the twinkie will likely not be featured on any future product lines.
    You are actually blaming this on the political issues and not a failed company who's product was not selling? They filed for bankruptcy in 2005 and the resulting restructuring failed. This is a company with a flawed business model, at some point the business has to take credit and not pass the blame.

You are blaming polotics for people not buying twinkies...

I will miss the twinkies... been enjoying them since I was a youngin back in the 70s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hostess has been going downhill for years. Multiple near bankruptcies, failing product lines, shrinking market. The Bakers Union may have put the nail in the coffin, but isn't this what conservatives want? Failing businesses to fail to make room for more successful ones?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Was in Target earlier, the entire Hostess section was completely empty.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care because I don't eat Twinkies, but I do care about those jobs lost.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Yeah... I don't particularly care that Hostess is gone.

Wonderbread is like eating a sponge, twinkies haven't tasted good to me since I was in high school and their union is nothing but a bunch of whiners.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    union is nothing but a bunch of whiners.
    Just for the sheer sake of curiosity, do you actually know anything about it, or are you just pulling it out your ass?
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette of Seraphim View Post
    Just for the sheer sake of curiosity, do you actually know anything about it, or are you just pulling it out your ass?
    I've read some first hand reports.

Seems to me their primary complaint is that the company borrowed their pension fund contributions for a year and then declared bankruptcy. Unfortunately, that's exactly the risk you take when you lend money to someone. I'm not sure why the union contract even allowed such a thing.

As for complaining how many billions the company took in and "still couldn't be profitable" quote, that simply shows an incredible amount of ignorance when it comes to running a business.

Almost all I hear from them is how horrible it was that the company was trying to cut their pay. Yeah, it always sucks when you have to take a pay cut. But sometimes the company just can't afford what you're making. If it's that bad and your union can't help, then quit and move on. There's nothing to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigzagzoom View Post
    Hers is an idea. Obama can bail out hostess and Michelle Obama can start making whole wheat, tofuwinkies with sprinkles of dehydrated kale, yummy!!!!!!
    Yeah, how dare that bitch try to encourage people to eat healthier! What does she think we are, a nation with an obesity epidemic?

Oh...
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

I would say good that it's less junk food to make people sick and fat but in reality something else will fill the market niche. I personally won't miss them. Besides, if you're in the mood for junk food that goes straight to your ass there's always Little Debbie's. At least that stuff actually tastes good.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    I've read some first hand reports.

Seems to me their primary complaint is that the company borrowed their pension fund contributions for a year and then declared bankruptcy. Unfortunately, that's exactly the risk you take when you lend money to someone. I'm not sure why the union contract even allowed such a thing.

As for complaining how many billions the company took in and "still couldn't be profitable" quote, that simply shows an incredible amount of ignorance when it comes to running a business.

Almost all I hear from them is how horrible it was that the company was trying to cut their pay. Yeah, it always sucks when you have to take a pay cut. But sometimes the company just can't afford what you're making. If it's that bad and your union can't help, then quit and move on. There's nothing to be done.
    I'm not entirely sure how you read the article you linked and took away from it that it was just "whining."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftech View Post
    Welcome to 0bama's America. Grab your popcorn because its just getting good. In a few months, it will make what is happening in Greece look like a discussion about a short drawer at McDonalds.
    Tell me again how your country would be better with romney as president..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aalyy View Post
    I would say good that it's less junk food to make people sick and fat but in reality something else will fill the market niche. I personally won't miss them. Besides, if you're in the mood for junk food that goes straight to your ass there's always Little Debbie's. At least that stuff actually tastes good.
    I hear opinions are objective facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    twinkies aren't going away. maybe the brand name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    Tell me again how your country would be better with romney as president..
    Them damn immigants would get what's comin' to 'em, that's what.

Also, cell phones. Because that hasn't been debunked yet.

[sarcasm!]